• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Obviously.

But I've seen people getting Infinia directly with ITR only.

Depending which agent/employee you're talking with.
Even with ITR , lets say a new IT Grad gets multi crore salary package fresh out of college but has no credit history = low credit score.
If YES to above then My guess is for INFINIA, HDFC employee have the authorisation to be 100% discretionary.

Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?
55 Lakhs limit for a first times, that too with 20 Lakh initial deposit seems highly unlikely. (he may hv counted 5 instead of 4 zeroes in limit)
The chance is less than 0.001% of it being true.

Can you you ask your friend for a screenshot of welcome letter, with masked details but the limit mentioned?
(Just the limit part will be insane, even after ignoring other possible red flags)

Possibly in order to "show-off", your friend:
* Inflated the limit in conversations.
* Didn't tell abt any ULIP/FD that he may have purchased additionally.
* May be the deposit was way higher

How much revenue you get by paying point did you calculated? ho WMNAY POINTS YOU GOT and what is the value
Actually I did calculate even before I swiped the card (Not new to CC game you see ;) ). 15 lakhs swipe got me 25000 points which I redeemed for flights at 0.5 Rs (OG regalia remember not the current devalued one) I paid 15000 extra as MDR and also helped cover my delays in loan disbursal and got infinia next month. (I dont remember the points - may be more if I consider 5 points per 100)

Actually I did calculate even before I swiped the card (Not new to CC game you see ;) ). 15 lakhs swipe got me 25000 points which I redeemed for flights at 0.5 Rs (OG regalia remember not the current devalued one) I paid 15000 extra as MDR and also helped cover my delays in loan disbursal and got infinia next month.
I made a post regarding how to do car negotiation and how to use cards to get full benefit. 25000 for 15 lakh is still very very less, don't you have magnus
?

Paid 0 MDR. Given them 8k for being nice and helpful which is just 0.5%. Even i wanted to give them this as the price for car was super negotiated you can't find this deal anywhere. Now the price is also increased.

This is my ROI 353584 INR saving ON 14.35 Lakh CAR. If i choose flights it can go beyond 5-6 Lakh easily.

https://www.technofino.in/community...acko-drive-quote-am-i-buying-for-0-inr.18957/

Last edited:
Actually I did calculate even before I swiped the card (Not new to CC game you see ;) ). 15 lakhs swipe got me 25000 points which I redeemed for flights at 0.5 Rs (OG regalia remember not the current devalued one) I paid 15000 extra as MDR and also helped cover my delays in loan disbursal and got infinia next month. (I dont remember the points - may be more if I consider 5 points per 100)
what was the regialia rate for point as i can see now 150 rs its 4 reward . - 1rewards

Reward Points can be redeemed for:

• Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.5
  • Airmiles conversion through netbanking at a value of 1RP = 0.5 airmile
  • Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
  • Cashback at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.20

what was the regialia rate for point as i can see now 150 rs its 4 reward . - 1rewards

Reward Points can be redeemed for:

• Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.5
  • Airmiles conversion through netbanking at a value of 1RP = 0.5 airmile
  • Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
  • Cashback at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.20
This was old Regalia. Probably many would not have even seen this card. The original regalia which I had since few years - if I remember correctly it was 4 pts for 100. No caps on smart buy and flights used to be cheaper on smartbuy. And flights and hotel were at 0.5rs for a point.

Is there any point sending them an email when I have a Regalia with 8L limit and ~6-7L spent in the last 6 months ?? I dont mind opening a 20ish L FD with the bank either... my FD with another bank is maturing and I can move it.

This was in 2020 re. And at that time Magnus was quite new or not sure even it existed. In fact Regalia was considered top of the line at that time. Infinia was not that popular.
It was there in 2020 World Privilege. How about IDFC ? do you own idfc cards? select or other

EVEN IF someone own idfc they can easily get big return with these cards really helpful, if don't have premium card.

Yes try sending an email. Or annoy your RM if he / she exists. Generally HDFC RMs are useless.
Will do.. have spent ~3L in the last 2 months.. a major purchase coming up next month which will take it to around 6L .. might even book international flights in Jan so it might even get to 8ish L.. will talk to my RM and send them a mail in Jan.

Was looking at Regalia Gold after Regalia lounge access got nerfed.. but if I can get Infinia, it would be great.

Back