• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Eligiblity for IDFC wealth credit card

you can ask them to remove the cibil hits. They will approve it in 2-3 weeks and will remove it in 1 week after confirmation. I just removed 4 IDFC inquiries last month
How did you ask them to remove it. I have 3 enquiries was trying my luck for Wealth but every time got Select. Thanks.

In general, it is difficult to get a card C2C with HDFC Credit Cards, unless and until you provide a credit card statement.
The issue is that HDFC never reports your 3L or even 15L limit to CIBIL, it reports the max used. Banks use CIBIL as the first step to verify your C2C claims, if you have at max used only 1L on your HDFC bank card, your C2C application will be considered for 1L only.
People having Axis, ICICI cards are generally better off as their true limit is reported, and banks usually find that enough.

I tried applying for upgrade to Wealth from Select (2.5 L limit) by giving them income doc's as well as another card of 6.5 L limit. But they declined outright. Maybe because my IDFC card is just 4 months old.

Was wondering what is the way to get hold of Wealth CC.

I had applied last week directly to IDFC Wealth (wasn't a customer till now - have only once availed the CRED cash facility in which I think IDFC was the lender). They asked for some basic details including salary and Org i was working with and also did a hard CIBIL check. And the process was so smooth in 5 mins (just like the SBI Cashback card) the approval was given. The VKYC happened in the morning next day using the link I got as an sms and within an hour of that the digital card was issued. Got the physical card also yesterday. Overall a very smooth process (if the docs are in order) and for the credit limit they had asked for any other card that I hold for which I gave the Axis card details. Got a healthy 3L+ limit, am happy with that.

From the above I believe IDFC is probably playing it very safe and offering the Wealth Card (atleast for new applicants to the bank) only if they see a high CIBIL, an organization they trust (probably by their internal records which they think is in the Top tier - I'm not totally sure about this though) and also individuals with high salary maybe. Anyway these are some of my guesses only and I hope the application works out for everyone. Thanks.

I tried applying for upgrade to Wealth from Select (2.5 L limit) by giving them income doc's as well as another card of 6.5 L limit. But they declined outright. Maybe because my IDFC card is just 4 months old.

Was wondering what is the way to get hold of Wealth CC.
yeah i'm in same boat mine is 11 month old now. current limit 2lakhs, i don't spend much on this card and since idfc don't have proper upgrade system i haven't mail them yet!

I had applied last week directly to IDFC Wealth (wasn't a customer till now - have only once availed the CRED cash facility in which I think IDFC was the lender). They asked for some basic details including salary and Org i was working with and also did a hard CIBIL check. And the process was so smooth in 5 mins (just like the SBI Cashback card) the approval was given. The VKYC happened in the morning next day using the link I got as an sms and within an hour of that the digital card was issued. Got the physical card also yesterday. Overall a very smooth process (if the docs are in order) and for the credit limit they had asked for any other card that I hold for which I gave the Axis card details. Got a healthy 3L+ limit, am happy with that.

From the above I believe IDFC is probably playing it very safe and offering the Wealth Card (atleast for new applicants to the bank) only if they see a high CIBIL, an organization they trust (probably by their internal records which they think is in the Top tier - I'm not totally sure about this though) and also individuals with high salary maybe. Anyway these are some of my guesses only and I hope the application works out for everyone. Thanks.
their algorithm is unpredictable they issued me Millennia with 1.43l with CIBIL 790+

Back