• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Eligiblity for IDFC wealth credit card

I had followed up over mail for Wealth as I kept getting offered Select on their website. CS didn't budge. I went through one level of escalation, but even that didn't help.

Wealth is not worth so much of my time.

New development right after I posted this. I tried to recheck if they were still offering me the Select card itself. When I tried to do the OTP authentication, the website conked out with internal error. 2-3 times.

Then, after 36 hours, they today sent me a generic message with a link to complete my pending application. I was bored enough to try one more time, and voila, I got Wealth with 8L limit (matched my Regalia limit). I have to give it to them. It took less than 30 mins from application to video KYC to virtual card.

A couple of bummers:
1. No Gpay tap and pay. My physical card got shipped to my home address, so I won't get the physical card in my hand in the next 3-9 months. So it will just probably sit at zero usage.

2. The first txm that I thought I'd do (just to activate the card) is add it to dreamfolks webaccess (two rupees txn), but seems like dreamfolks can't register this card yet.

I was in the same boat.... When I applied via website, it was only showing IDFC Select Card. Went to bank, asked for wealth etc, but nothing really worked out. I didnt want to take select and use it for some time and then get the update.

I upgraded the account to wealth banking. Shifting some money from Axis to IDFC. Once I got onto wealth banking, IDFC Wealth card started showing with 3X more credit limit than select.

Got the add-on dreamfolks for wife today... The efficiency and quickness of idfc is making me think of opening my second savings account with them rather than icici/hdfc/etc

I applied and received it today - they took my salary and existing CC details but didn't ask for any proofs...

I guess they do approve if you hold a high limit card
Need a suggestion. I have 5L limit HDFC dcb card 4 months old.
Do they check how old my existing card is in c2c or online when asking for details?
Should I apply for wealth right away or wait?

Need a suggestion. I have 5L limit HDFC dcb card 4 months old.
Do they check how old my existing card is in c2c or online when asking for details?
Should I apply for wealth right away or wait?
Yes, few may ask card age also.
NO, they dont ask during online application, may ask during offline/agent/verification.
BOB ask 1year card age.

Back