• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Emeralde Private Metal Card invite issue

Shubham330

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I was holding Sapphiro card(Paid one). Got upgrade offer to Emeralde credit card. Took the upgrade as had the limit of 9.2 Lakh. So thought to ask RM to upgrade it to Private Metal. Tried for 1.5 month but failed so closed Emeralde plastic card to avoid joining charges.. got them reversed as closed card without much use.

After 7 days of closure i got call from icici that I have invite of Private Metal Card. All the outstanding of Emeralde card will be transferred to Emeralde private card. I didn't mentioned that my card is closed as I don't want to miss this chance of getting Private Metal first place. Though the executive will get to know that once she tries to raise requst. But the request got placed successfully (atleast that what cce mentioned over the call. I didn't got any sms/mail for the same). later I called CC where CCE didn't found any new service request on closed Emeralde card.

Need your advice? Shall I wait for 15 day? Or get new Emeralde Plastic card and again wait for upgrade offer. As my ICICI NRV is more than 50L and hold salary account also and card limit is also 9.2 Lk. But having doubt that i'll not get upgrade invite again as I alredy got once on closed card.

Alredy dropped mail to customer.care@icicibank.com but the mail id is useless. I have recording of that call with me.

Please help. Thanks in advance. And sorry for long post.
@TechnoFino Any suggestion from your side?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes. Exactly. Cce asked full name as pan, dob and registered address.
These type of card upgrade exists. And it is offered on behalf of card cancellation. These upgrade takes time for two to three weeks. If it's the same case then you may get your share, give some time.
Called customer care. They didn't found any new service request raised on that closed Emeralde plastic card for upgrade.
okay , you mentioned someone called you to offer you EPM and transfer the balance from old to new..
do you have any outstanding balance on the old card?

Last edited:
okay , you mentioned someone called you to offer you EPM and ransfer the balance from old to new..
do you have any outstanding balanceon the old card?
No. It was closed post no outstanding. And I got mail of that too. Post receipt of that mail after 7 days i got this call.

Reactions: SSV
No. It was closed post no outstanding. And I got mail of that too. Post receipt of that mail after 7 days i got this call.
So , your old card was closed and no balance left on the old card and you got email also about the closure..

Now you have some some invisible EPM upgrade offer which was done on the phone call..
DId you ever receive any email or OTP about this upgrade? ever?? any kind of trace??

So , your old card was closed and no balance left on the old card and you got email also about the closure..

Now you have some some invisible EPM upgrade offer which was done on the phone call..
DId you ever receive any email or OTP about this upgrade? ever?? any kind of trace??
Nothing. No sms no mail not a single mention. But the number from which I got call was icici landline number. As if i try to callback on thay number it redirects to customer care ivr.

I think if the execeutive has gone ahead with the upgrade, you should wait and see how this pans out.
But the thing is, though the executive raised upgrade request but by icici rules closed card upgrade request will get automatically cancelled. That what CCE told me when i tried to enquire of that request later by calling 18001080.
Otherwise by now i must have got some communication. This call was recived on Thursday 20th June.

But the thing is, though the executive raised upgrade request but by icici rules closed card upgrade request will get automatically cancelled. That what CCE told me when i tried to enquire of that request later by calling 18001080.
Otherwise by now i must have got some communication. This call was recived on Thursday 20th June.
Nothing. No sms no mail not a single mention. But the number from which I got call was icici landline number. As if i try to callback on thay number it redirects to customer care ivr.
is your account Welah Management account??

No. Privilege account
As your NRV is greater than 50L. first getyour account upraded to Wealth Management (WM) Account.
Wait for a couple of weeks..
Dnt worry you will get EPM at some point of time..

Try to get WM Select if possible.

what is your iScore?

Hello all,

I was holding Sapphiro card(Paid one). Got upgrade offer to Emeralde credit card. Took the upgrade as had the limit of 9.2 Lakh. So thought to ask RM to upgrade it to Private Metal. Tried for 1.5 month but failed so closed Emeralde plastic card to avoid joining charges.. got them reversed as closed card without much use.

After 7 days of closure i got call from icici that I have invite of Private Metal Card. All the outstanding of Emeralde card will be transferred to Emeralde private card. I didn't mentioned that my card is closed as I don't want to miss this chance of getting Private Metal first place. Though the executive will get to know that once she tries to raise requst. But the request got placed successfully (atleast that what cce mentioned over the call. I didn't got any sms/mail for the same). later I called CC where CCE didn't found any new service request on closed Emeralde card.

Need your advice? Shall I wait for 15 day? Or get new Emeralde Plastic card and again wait for upgrade offer. As my ICICI NRV is more than 50L and hold salary account also and card limit is also 9.2 Lk. But having doubt that i'll not get upgrade invite again as I alredy got once on closed card.

Alredy dropped mail to customer.care@icicibank.com but the mail id is useless. I have recording of that call with me.

Please help. Thanks in advance. And sorry for long post.
@TechnoFino Any suggestion from your side?
Your request for Private Metal is cancelled since the old card is closed. I faced the same issue in March 2024. I was having Platinum of limit 4.30 lakhs . I got fed up of the card and placed closure request. The card was closed within 2 days. After a week, I received call from ICICI CC team that I was eligible for LTF Sapphiro as an update from Platinum. I asked her to proceed ahead. But it could not be processed later as I had already closed my Platinum. Finally I took LTF Coral Rupay.

Last edited:
Your request for Private Metal is cancelled since the old card is closed. I faced the same issue in March 2024. I was having Platinum of limit 4.30 lakhs . I got fed up of the card and placed closure request. The card was closed within 2 days. After a week, I received call from ICICI CC team that I was eligible for LTF Sapphiro as an update from Paltinum. I asked her to proceed ahead. But it could not be processed later as I had already closed my Platinum. Finally I took LTF Coral Rupay.
Did you got any communication for that. Communication for your upgrade can not be processed? Cause in my case I didn't got any sms/mail for upgrade request apart from that call. @pranjal1984

Did you got any communication for that. Communication for your upgrade can not be processed? Cause in my case I didn't got any sms/mail for upgrade request apart from that call. @pranjal1984
No update, nothing. Absolute silence. When I called their customer care, they told so verbally. Even after closing the Platinum Card, the card upgrades options were appearing in imobile. But after clicking upgrade button, it said no card available to upgrade.

One tip I can give you is get your emeralde reinstated on a monthly fee of 1000/- , post which your emeralde private should get processed in my opinion, you should've asked them to convert it to platinum which is a free card. But give this a try just to make sure you get it.
Alredy Got Emeralde plastic one on annual fee. I mean the request raised. Will wait for Private on that. If gets offer in 2-3 months will get joining reversed

Back