• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Epic HDFC-Accor Collaboration! Get Membership for Just 7500 Points and Enjoy Transfer Bonuses from SmartBuy!

I am a classic member now. Planning to convert my HDFC points during this weekend with 75% bonus, and also will be taking ACCOR PLUS using 7500 points.

I have heard from the forums that the Elite membership id changes once the tier changes.
I currently have 2000 points, now if i transfer my HDFC points, I will have close to 50000 points.

1) Should I do that first and then take ACCOR PLUS using the 7500. If that is the case, my membership will be upgraded to silver and the membership id will change. Will it automatically transfer the remaining 42500 (50000-7500) to the new id automatically.

2) Or should I first just transfer 7500 points to my classic id and take the ACCOR PLUS membership, get my new id on silver tier and then convert the remaining points?

Is there a difference between the two approaches?

Hope my question is clear :rolleyes:

I am a classic member now. Planning to convert my HDFC points during this weekend with 75% bonus, and also will be taking ACCOR PLUS using 7500 points.

I have heard from the forums that the Elite membership id changes once the tier changes.
I currently have 2000 points, now if i transfer my HDFC points, I will have close to 50000 points.

1) Should I do that first and then take ACCOR PLUS using the 7500. If that is the case, my membership will be upgraded to silver and the membership id will change. Will it automatically transfer the remaining 42500 (50000-7500) to the new id automatically.

2) Or should I first just transfer 7500 points to my classic id and take the ACCOR PLUS membership, get my new id on silver tier and then convert the remaining points?

Is there a difference between the two approaches?

Hope my question is clear :rolleyes:
1st transfer the points and after successful points transfer, take the Plus membership. Ideally you should have take plus membership a week ago as by then the id change and other backend things would have got sorted.

Anyways points transfer ratio is not dependent on your plus membership. Hence 1st transfer points, because if membership id changes then not sure how much time it takes to reflect in HDFC (for axis this creates a lot of mess)

You cannot buy accor points afaik, they can be transferred to same first last name that is in Card and accor account.
This was my understanding as well. Thought there might be some workaround, someone knows (like with edgemiles or something). Thanks anyways!

I suppose missed this offer. Hopefully they will come up with something similar soon.

1st transfer the points and after successful points transfer, take the Plus membership. Ideally you should have take plus membership a week ago as by then the id change and other backend things would have got sorted.

Anyways points transfer ratio is not dependent on your plus membership. Hence 1st transfer points, because if membership id changes then not sure how much time it takes to reflect in HDFC (for axis this creates a lot of mess)
So what actually happens if I do this:
1) Transfer all my points (will be ~50000)
2) Once transfer is completed, take ACCOR PLUS using 7500 points. I will be upgraded to Silver Tier, my membership id will change.
3) No what will happen to the remaining 42500 points, will it get auto migrated to my new membership id?
Or will I have 2 accounts in parallel - Classic with 42500 points, Silver with 0 points.

TIA

So what actually happens if I do this:
1) Transfer all my points (will be ~50000)
2) Once transfer is completed, take ACCOR PLUS using 7500 points. I will be upgraded to Silver Tier, my membership id will change.
3) No what will happen to the remaining 42500 points, will it get auto migrated to my new membership id?
Or will I have 2 accounts in parallel - Classic with 42500 points, Silver with 0 points.

TIA
Points will be auto migrated. It is the same account with different no as your tier got changed..

Will it show only 2:1 ratio while transferring but the bonus points will get credited automatically? Is that how it works?

It shows the offer is ongoing, but when I go to the next page, it still shows 1 point equals 0.5 ALL reward points instead of the expected 0.875.

1722019529845.webp

1722019536890.webp

Will it show only 2:1 ratio while transferring but the bonus points will get credited automatically? Is that how it works?

It shows the offer is ongoing, but when I go to the next page, it still shows 1 point equals 0.5 ALL reward points instead of the expected 0.875.

View attachment 62663

View attachment 62664
Yes, I just availed the offer. Bonus points were credited separately on their own, despite this screen.

Back