• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

View attachment 42131
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
well deserved
+
+

Looks HDFC bank is losing quite a bit of money on their cards. Which is why their e-com instant discount offers have also stopped. LTF milne ka chance kaam hai...

On top of it, there is selling HDFC bank stock like anything, NIMs are falling .. stock bhi correct ho gaya.

Hopefully once HDFC crosses ATH, all offers will also come :ROFLMAO:

asset quality has deteriorated due to hdfc takeover
nims have been affected due to hdfc as well as lack of low cost deposits
a long time before freebies start being given again

View attachment 42131
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
As of now according to mail, your card blocked temporarily and in process to permanent closure.
So immediately contact customer service & mail to nodal team that you like to continue same and request to not to close.

If a person can spend 1 lakh then there is no fee anyway. What's the problem with paying 500 per year? It's a tiny amount compared to the benefits you can get with the card. Surely a person would get at least that much cashback in a year which makes the card free. Why wait for over a year for a card that you are not planning on using and for which you are unwilling to pay even 500 per year? The era of LTF is disappearing and rightly so. If you want some benefits then the bank is also entitled to some fee.
Perfectly summarised this whole mess. 👍

You should threaten like ....
I'm imperia customer plus i have 25 lakhs+ or crores networth with HDFC Bank & Securities. If you are not gonna Make My Credit Card LTF, I will close all the relationships.

In response - HDFC Says,
As the case is sensitive, we have upgraded the card to LTF.

Am I correct, @Guidence ???

View attachment 42131

3 months is a very short time.. Atleast you should have waited 9-10 months, made some decent transaction and then made a "Request" to make it LTF.
Call hdfc, ask them to reactivate. Get your Amazon vouchers etc. During the 10 or 11 th month if you feel that you will not meet the spend criteria for annual fee waiver , just send a mail blankly asking for cancellation of credit card without mentioning any reason. They will call from retention team asking for reason. Say that annual fee is high and ask for LTF. As retention team is also having targets they MIGHT make it LTF. If they refused just cancel the card. (ensure that no Amazon voucher is pending for redemption 😂)

Bhai how can you just think of making it LTF which is only 3 months old.

Either Your are genius or you are pro xxx. And also you didn’t even care of your 1500 Rs Voucher and also you were waiting for this card for the last 1.5 years😂😂How can you be so impatience.😅

You should have waited and annual fees you can cover if you use promptly. Now i think leave it in their hand.

Maza aaya 🤣🤣🤣

Samjane ke baad bhi aisi galti 🤣🤣🤣

Deserved 💯💯💯
Sorry for being greedy. Sbi mey same trick apply kiya tha or cashback card ltf ho gya , morning mey card closure request diya tha sbi cashback ka, uskay 1 ghantay kay bad retention team ka call aagya and without negotiation, aram say ltf ho gya ( limit sbi cashback ki sir 10k thi toh possible he nhi tha 2 lacks spending milestone touch Karney ka for annual fee waiver ).

Mail Kiya hu escalation team ko! I hope ki request cancel Kar day😭

3 months is a very short time.. Atleast you should have waited 9-10 months, made some decent transaction and then made a "Request" to make it LTF.
Call hdfc, ask them to reactivate. Get your Amazon vouchers etc. During the 10 or 11 th month if you feel that you will not meet the spend criteria for annual fee waiver , just send a mail blankly asking for cancellation of credit card without mentioning any reason. They will call from retention team asking for reason. Say that annual fee is high and ask for LTF. As retention team is also having targets they MIGHT make it LTF. If they refused just cancel the card. (ensure that no Amazon voucher is pending for redemption 😂)
3 Saal ho gya hdfc kay saath, Mera salary account tha peyhlay Lakin credit card kay misconceptions ki wajah say kabhi liya he nhi. RM ko bas insurance or fd say mtlb tha issesley employers change honey kay baad, meney use he karna chor diya tha. I thought ki good relationship ki wajah say shayad ltf ho jayay Lakin nhi.

Sbi is far far good, yono app say pre-approved card bhi send Kar diya or December mey ltf bhi Kar diya.

As of now according to mail, your card blocked temporarily and in process to permanent closure.
So immediately contact customer service & mail to nodal team that you like to continue same and request to not to close.
Done, waiting for the email or call from hdfc. Surprisingly, my hdfc upi card is not working also. Is this because of limit sharing from millennia?

Sabse phle to aapne ghabrana nhi hai
Mail padh to lo, it is temporarily blocked. You will receive a call, if they don't offer LTF then just ask them to revert the request.

Every bank is not Sarkari Bank of India(SBI)😉
HDFC retention nhi deta.

Mne Apna HDFC SWIGGY Close karwa diya🤣

Call pe baass itna phucha:-

Caller:- App Swiggy Card Close karna chahate hai ?

Me:- Yes.

Caller:- Thank you and Call Cut🤣.
Merko meri baat rakhne ka moka hi nhi diya🤣.

HDFC Swiggy Amazon pe Bank discount ke liye nhi chla and this forced me to closed the Card ASAP😈

HDFC retention nhi deta.

Mne Apna HDFC SWIGGY Close karwa diya🤣

Call pe baass itna phucha:-

Caller:- App Swiggy Card Close karna chahate hai ?

Me:- Yes.

Caller:- Thanks you and Call Cut🤣.
Merko meri baat rakhne ka moka hi nhi diya🤣.

HDFC Swiggy Amazon pe Bank discount ke liye nhi chla and this forced me to closed the Card ASAP😈
HDFC ko farak nhi padta
Usko pata hai ki uski demand bhot hai🙂

Yes bro, 3 mahine me karwane chala gaya bhai fees toh 1 saal ke baad leta hai na, tab tak wait karte toh achaa rehta, even reverse bhi hota hai in some cases.

Though ab toh galti ho gaye, ham log remedy bata sakte, bechara aur stressed ho jayega nahi toh.
No no 5th month kay statement mey membership fees reflect ho jayeygi then uskay 2nd year mey annual fee waiver ka criteria applicable hoga. Hdfc say baat hue thi iss barey mey tabhi meney ltf ka request diya tha.

I'm extremely sorry itna greedy honey kay liyay. Sbi mey yay trick kam kiya toh I thought hdfc mey bhi kareyga. 😞

@jaithalal Wait for a call then, try to negotiate first, if he/she won't agree to provide LTF (possibility, coz of 3 months usage). Then, lastly ask to unblock the card by saying I am withdrawing my decision to cancel permanently.

If you don't receive the call, within reasonable time, then contact customer support by yourself and ask for reactivation.
Calling them and ask for reactivation is one of the most embarrassing things. I cannot bear the burden of that awful feeling as i'll have to explain everything.

I've sent the mail for reconsidering my cancellation request and now waiting for their reply.

View attachment 42131

Bad timing bro.. atleast should have cashed in something from the card first....

HDFC case may be different. But for my RBL and Yes bank credit card, retention offer (Fee waiver and LTF) has been provided only after the temporary block.

Back