• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

Calling them and ask for reactivation is one of the most embarrassing things. I cannot bear the burden of that awful feeling as i'll have to explain everything.

I've sent the mail for reconsidering my cancellation request and now waiting for their reply.
I agree. But on call they will take request immediately for unblocking, no need to wait for their reply.

jaithalal

TF Select
Could you try for other banks also and let us know the result.

1. HDFC - failed
2. Axis?
3. SBI - works with 1year old and good spends
Axis is ltf ( neo and my zone ). Will try with Airtel Axis in October month. I got the Airtel Axis card recently with 500 Amazon voucher.

Sbi made my cashback card ltf 2 months ago. I raised the card closure request through sbi app in the morning and got the call back from retention team within 1 hr.

Simply click is 3 months old and haven't made any transaction yet. Will try in October!

Icici issued me Amazon pay card in October month, then Platinum in November via twitter trick and pre- approved coral in December. All of them are LTF.

BoB premier card is ltf already

Kotak league Platinum is also ltf

PNB rupay Platinum is almost ltf ( if i made 1 transaction of ₹500 at least in one quarter ) i wasn't interested in this card but pnb employees sent the card without my consent.

I started my credit card journey recently.

jaithalal

TF Select
I agree. But on call they will take request immediately for unblocking, no need to wait for their reply.
Ohhhhh ohhh.... I never would have thought that calling them was the easiest thing.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to call them right now. Will revert back to you with an update shortly.

romilq

TF Ace
Calling them and ask for reactivation is one of the most embarrassing things. I cannot bear the burden of that awful feeling as i'll have to explain everything.

I've sent the mail for reconsidering my cancellation request and now waiting for their reply.
What’s embarrassing in that ? Just call and tell them that you have decided to cancel the card cancellation request and want to keep the card. They will do it. Aur ye sunne ke baad ab main bhi soch raha hu SBI card ke saath ye trick try karu ki nahi 😁

#aniket

TF Ace
Yes, it feels awkward and may be this behaviour can be recorded by the bank, but you have left with this option only if you want that card. Also, it would have been better to contact directly through phone call to make it fast and furious.

Keep us posted about the update.

#aniket

TF Ace
What’s embarrassing in that ? Just call and tell them that you have decided to cancel the card cancellation request and want to keep the card. They will do it. Aur ye sunne ke baad ab main bhi soch raha hu SBI card ke saath ye trick try karu ki nahi 😁
Exactly bro! Card bhi bachana hai aur sharam bhi karna hai toh bas hogya khel khatam😂

Aap bhi 3 mahine me kar rahe ho kya?🤣

#aniket

TF Ace
No no 5th month kay statement mey membership fees reflect ho jayeygi then uskay 2nd year mey annual fee waiver ka criteria applicable hoga. Hdfc say baat hue thi iss barey mey tabhi meney ltf ka request diya tha.

I'm extremely sorry itna greedy honey kay liyay. Sbi mey yay trick kam kiya toh I thought hdfc mey bhi kareyga. 😞
Don't worry bro sab theek hoga, inta stress lene ka nahi 😃

Kya hogya sab pehle se sikh ke nahi aata, experience sikhta hai don't worry card activate ho jayega

#aniket

TF Ace
You should threaten like ....
I'm imperia customer plus i have 25 lakhs+ or crores networth with HDFC Bank & Securities. If you are not gonna Make My Credit Card LTF, I will close all the relationships.

In response - HDFC Says,
As the case is sensitive, we have upgraded the card to LTF.

Am I correct, @Guidence ???
Ye badhiya tha guru 😂

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20240204_023507_Gmail.jpg
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
Did you in your letter explicitly ask them to close the account?

Paritosh

TF Select
Firh dubra apply karte same trick with another retention team. May be work kar jata, but card pe bhi depend karta hai.
Asking for reversal of annual charges is a better idea. Sometimes executives take it seriously and close the card. So reversal request is better option than threatening for LTF.

Tejo

TF Legend
Could you try for other banks also and let us know the result.

1. HDFC - failed
2. Axis?
3. SBI - works with 1year old and good spends
Axis will offer the useless card for LTF upon card clossure, Actually it depends on the agent who you are taking.

Anon1

TF Premier
Axis is ltf ( neo and my zone ). Will try with Airtel Axis in October month. I got the Airtel Axis card recently with 500 Amazon voucher.

Sbi made my cashback card ltf 2 months ago. I raised the card closure request through sbi app in the morning and got the call back from retention team within 1 hr.

Simply click is 3 months old and haven't made any transaction yet. Will try in October!

Icici issued me Amazon pay card in October month, then Platinum in November via twitter trick and pre- approved coral in December. All of them are LTF.

BoB premier card is ltf already

Kotak league Platinum is also ltf

PNB rupay Platinum is almost ltf ( if i made 1 transaction of ₹500 at least in one quarter ) i wasn't interested in this card but pnb employees sent the card without my consent.

I started my credit card journey recently.
Yes try for Airtel card