• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@jaithalal you have made a mistake and that's ok. If you hadn't taken the risk, you would not have known the result. The only thing here is you are not ok with the end result. Next time, just think of worst-case scenario and if you are ok with it go for it. Credit Cards are temporary today Millenia is good, tomorrow it may be devalued. So, yeah it is good card for Smarbuy vouchers trick and easy to get annual fee waivers at 1L spends per annum. Just, call them and tell I have changed my mind and want to unblock the card, no need to explain or tell them anything. They will do it.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Calling them and ask for reactivation is one of the most embarrassing things. I cannot bear the burden of that awful feeling as i'll have to explain everything.
Just tell them you have changed your mind and don't need to explain anything else. What's the burden or embarrasment in this? There is no marriage counsellor sitting on the opposite side. They will be more than happy to cancel the request. All of this only comes into picture if and when you receive the call. If its an automatic cancellation, then god bless.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
Why are you in such a hurry to make the card ltf? you recently obtained this card and will receive 1500 Amazon vouchers.
You must have used your card for at least 1 year before requesting ltf.

you will receive 1500 Amazon vouchers and HDFC will deduct the card charge, I do not believe you will be losing money.
Additionally you will receive 5% cashback on all transactions.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
SimplySave CC. Also they were not increasing the limit. So I requested for closure and executive took it seriously.
This is the special feature of cards like simply save , simply click etc. I.e. No questions asked quick closure on request ;)
They take no strings attached closure requests and provide faster resolution on these types of cards especially for low to average spenders!!
:D

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20240204_152739_Gallery.jpg
Yes, this is the mail i wrote to them after failing in the 1st attempt 2 days ago. In the first mail, they were talking about the terms and conditions only.
You really thought aisa likhne ke baad vo tumhe LTF de denge ? 🤣
You are correct..
By any chance, even if some kind hearted staff wanted to give him LTF , he would not have done that after looking at this letter..
Sorry yaar..

jaithalal

TF Select
This is the special feature of cards like simply save , simply click etc. I.e. No questions asked quick closure on request ;)
They take no strings attached closure requests and provide faster resolution on these types of cards especially for low to average spenders!!
My sbi cashback card limit was stuck on 10k. I told them about my situation and they agreed to make my card ltf ( my limit was also increased to 95k after 7 days ).
My sbi cashback card limit was stuck on 10k. I told them about my situation and they agreed to make my card ltf ( my limit was also increased to 95k after 7 days ).

Annual fee waiver with 10k limit was impossible for me.

Reactions: SSV

prashu

TF Premier
HDFC retention nhi deta.

Mne Apna HDFC SWIGGY Close karwa diya🤣

Call pe baass itna phucha:-

Caller:- App Swiggy Card Close karna chahate hai ?

Me:- Yes.

Caller:- Thank you and Call Cut🤣.
Merko meri baat rakhne ka moka hi nhi diya🤣.

HDFC Swiggy Amazon pe Bank discount ke liye nhi chla and this forced me to closed the Card ASAP😈
Count me in !!! :)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Annual fee waiver with 10k limit was impossible for me.
Simply save and CB cards are two different things

jaithalal

TF Select
You really thought aisa likhne ke baad vo tumhe LTF de denge ? 🤣
1st email mey proper response nhi diya tha only terms and conditions, membership card agreement ka copy and paste tha. So thoda strictly way mey mail Kiya 2nd time

prashu

TF Premier
Holding BPCL card from may. Applied Cashback card on 18Nov rejected the application on 12 January stating internal policies.
should i apply for card 90days from rejection or application date ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sorry, didd

I apologise sir ! I started my credit card journey recently, still don't have clear idea about the different varient cards yet.
No problem. . Good that you got your CB card limit enhanced and got it LTF, it’s an achievement

credit_noob

TF Premier
Could you try for other banks also and let us know the result.

1. HDFC - failed
2. Axis?
3. SBI - works with 1year old and good spends
Hello, I have an SBI BPCL credit card which is turning 1 year old today. I received the annual fee statement and am eligible for a fee waiver, with a message. My spends are 3.8 L across all categories. What is the approach to initiate a conversation about converting to a lifetime free card, whether through email, a phone call, etc.?

jaithalal

TF Select
Why are you in such a hurry to make the card ltf? you recently obtained this card and will receive 1500 Amazon vouchers.
You must have used your card for at least 1 year before requesting ltf.

you will receive 1500 Amazon vouchers and HDFC will deduct the card charge, I do not believe you will be losing money.
Additionally you will receive 5% cashback on all transactions.
In March, they'll impose the membership fee. I just wanted to make it ltf before the charges.

Anon1

TF Premier
Hello, I have an SBI BPCL credit card which is turning 1 year old today. I received the annual fee statement and am eligible for a fee waiver, with a message. My spends are 3.8 L across all categories. What is the approach to initiate a conversation about converting to a lifetime free card, whether through email, a phone call, etc.?
Check this thread for more details

Thread 'Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/pro-tips-to-make-a-sbi-card-life-time-free.10592/