• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

jaithalal

TF Select
That 6 month waiting period is for new credit card application not for reactivating the old one.

Yeah calling them is a better option as mail response would take some time. But I am not sure whether they handle such requests (reactivation) on call or not. So, I would suggest to try via both.
@007 Confirmed! 😂
Hdfc issued me new card of the same varient with different card number. My card was temporarily blocked, right? I got the pin setup for new card in the morning, infact the last 4 digits are completely different. Did they block my previous card permanently? Screenshot_20240205_095214_Messages.jpg

romilq

TF Ace
Hdfc issued me new card of the same varient with different card number. My card was temporarily blocked, right? I got the pin setup for new card in the morning, infact the last 4 digits are completely different. Did they block my previous card permanently? Screenshot_20240205_095214_Messages.jpg
Yea looks like it. Now wait for delivery!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes previous one gone permanently

#aniket

TF Ace
It seems so. 😐

By the way atleast card toh mila 😂

Aapko trxn mat karo bola tha na sune nahi aap, May be for that reason

deep@vie

TF Legend
They only mentioned about the t&c , cardmemebership agreement things in the previous reply that's why!

I don't know if it is a good news or bad news but Customer care cancelled my closure request and card is still in disabled state despite being confirmed by Customer care multiple times. I'm just waiting now! Transaction are

Don't worry. This is sorted now
Congratulations 🎊 🤣
Apni khoi hui biwi wapas paane ke liye

ccdc

TF Ace
Screenshot_20240204_023507_Gmail.jpg
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
haha...hilarious....damn 3 words

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
the card is just disbaled when retention team called, try for LTF or you can tell them don't cancel the cc.

edit - it seem hdfc don't call customer for retention just a call to ask yes or no. n OP received a new cc.. n might have to pay for a re-issued.

Last edited:

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
But why did you want to close a LTF card? Also, isn't it beneficial for UPI?

I am planning to raise a LTF or atleast fee waiver request for Tata Neu Infinity card when it comes for renewal in May. My spends arent great on it, would've spent only around 50k in a year mostly only UPI transactions and Big Basket.
Had no use.

althafvly

TF Buzz

HDFC will call you on the 7th or 6th day. I recently did this for moneyback+ credit cards. They did make it LTF for me. But I can't guarantee it will happen for you as well. If they think you are a valuable customer to keep, then they will surely offer something or waive off a one-year fee.

Before applying for closure, make sure you have used your card enough to let them know you are a valuable customer. A good amount will be your spending criteria.

There's no guarantee you will get LTF even if you do this. Mine was 8 months old.