• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

deep@vie

TF Legend
I don't think you will get a call after what you wrote here. Citing that RBI rule and "All bills have been paid already and no further transaction has been done", you don't say that if you need a retention offer imo.

Anyway even if the card is closed, it's not the end of the world. You can re-apply in 6 months. Let this be a learning and maybe ask in the forum before you proceed with such requests! :)
Before doing these stunts one should keep some amount due so that one can use last lifeline in situations like this.

#aniket

TF Ace
I don't think you will get a call after what you wrote here. Citing that RBI rule and "All bills have been paid already and no further transaction has been done", you don't say that if you need a retention offer imo.

Anyway even if the card is closed, it's not the end of the world. You can re-apply in 6 months. Let this be a learning and maybe ask in the forum before you proceed with such requests! :)
In HDFC after putting closure request, one cannot able to get it activated within 6 months? I am not aware about HDFC thing particularly.

As soon as he got reply from the thread to to ask customer support to cancel the closure request immediately if he wish to use the card further, he should have called the credit card department and asked for the same, but instead doing so he mailed, which will take longer period of time might be.

#aniket

TF Ace
Before doing these stunts one should keep some amount due so that one can use last lifeline in situations like this.
Yep atleast he could have notified first through this medium and asked for payment of outstanding amount for accepting closure request.

TF Ace
TF Family
In HDFC after putting closure request, one cannot able to get it activated within 6 months? I am not aware about HDFC thing particularly.

As soon as he got reply from the thread to to ask customer support to cancel the closure request immediately if he wish to use the card further, he should have called the credit card department and asked for the same, but instead doing so he mailed, which will take longer period of time might be.
That 6 month waiting period is for new credit card application not for reactivating the old one.

Yeah calling them is a better option as mail response would take some time. But I am not sure whether they handle such requests (reactivation) on call or not. So, I would suggest to try via both.

#aniket

TF Ace
That 6 month waiting period is for new credit card application not for reactivating the old one.

Yeah calling them is a better option as mail response would take some time. But I am not sure whether they handle such requests (reactivation) on call or not. So, I would suggest to try via both.
Bro my question was damn correct but you thought I was mistaken.

I asked once the card is closed, HDFC customer can't get it activated within the period of 6 months by making request? Because some bank allows to do so.

I am aware that one can reapply after cooling period of 6 months.

Reactions: 007

#aniket

TF Ace

Bank do entertain such request bro on call too.

champaklal

TF Buzz
Arey Jethiya!
Kitne baar bola hai tujhe ki thodi sabar kar lekin tu toh sunta hi nahi..
Babuchak!
champaklal-champak.gif

PS: checkout my and OP's username😉

credit_noob

TF Premier
Unhoney on call pey he closure request cancelled kar diya or card bhi activated show kar rha hey but transaction nhi ho pa rha hey. Abb Kal sabb clear hoga, transaction try Kiya hu 2 times but declined.
It take some time around 24 hours if they cancelled request.
Experts are online they give exact reason

#aniket

TF Ace
Aaj weekend tha issesley din say Bahar tha... card activated ho gya hey but abhi bhi disabled status show kar rha hey. Calling Customer care was the best idea. Email ka koi response nhi abhi takk
Batya tha na mein call kar lijye fast kaam ho jayega... activation ka koi sms/e-mail wagera aaya ya nahi?

Koi na wo status bhi change ho jayega 😊

#aniket

TF Ace
Unhoney on call pey he closure request cancelled kar diya or card bhi activated show kar rha hey but transaction nhi ho pa rha hey. Abb Kal sabb clear hoga, transaction try Kiya hu 2 times but declined.
Rukne ko jan bola kuch time ke liye then aap dubra trxns kyu kiye?😐

Suspicious activities ke name pe firse block kardega then kya karoge, huh?

Thoda sabar toh karlo na bro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204-222846.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204-222846.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 19

#aniket

TF Ace
Aaj weekend tha issesley din say Bahar tha... card activated ho gya hey but abhi bhi disabled status show kar rha hey. Calling Customer care was the best idea. Email ka koi response nhi abhi takk
Haven't heard of HDFC doing so. OP can try and let us know! 😬
@007 Confirmed! 😂

• Hehe
Reactions: 007

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How old was your SBI cashback card?
My sbi cashback card limit was stuck on 10k. I told them about my situation and they agreed to make my card ltf ( my limit was also increased to 95k after 7 days ).

My sbi cashback card limit was stuck on 10k. I told them about my situation and they agreed to make my card ltf ( my limit was also increased to 95k after 7 days ).

Annual fee waiver with 10k limit was impossible for me.