• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

General Banking Discussions Thread

Leaving it here in case someone still has doubts....

1. Do not do initial funding (The initial funding is an IP funding which takes 24-48 hours, just like doing an IP funding for offline account, it's not indusind's fault that is how IP works)

2. Skip the initial funding page and move forward with account creation. Now create UPI ID (virtual debit card is instantly generated) or make a payment via NEFT/IMPS since you now have your account details, this will be instant cuz it's not IP funding but a normal txn.

3. After my brother faced issues with IP, I skipped the funding page and did a manual TXN and was promoted to megastar without any issues.
So you contacted support for upgrade or was done automatically after trf to acc?

So you contacted support for upgrade or was done automatically after trf to acc?
For me it was done automatically but I was stuck in few things so I didn't mind waiting. I would suggest to call Indie (Call via Jio as it is 1860 xxx xxx number and then tell them your registered mobile number, if you dont use Jio ofc) and follow up, it saves a day or two.

For me it was done automatically but I was stuck in few things so I didn't mind waiting. I would suggest to call Indie (Call via Jio as it is 1860 xxx xxx number and then tell them your registered mobile number, if you dont use Jio ofc) and follow up, it saves a day or two.
Okay thnx 👍

Few Questions:-
1. Now is it being upgraded instantly after funding?
2. If we later add 50k to acc will they upgrade to megastar and will it be done automatically or have to contact them?
3. Once upgraded to mega, is physical dc sent automatically, or have to place request?
4. How is the overall onboarding experience, any issues relating to vkyc?
Yesterday evening my 50k was credited, I just now saw I have been automatically upgraded to Megastar.

Like others said, 1st create the account and then do the funding, dont do it while on boarding, will make your life easier. The app already shows a virtual debit card so its giving me an option to order a physical one at zero cost, but I will wait a few days and then order, don't want more complications.

Yesterday evening my 50k was credited, I just now saw I have been automatically upgraded to Megastar.

Like others said, 1st create the account and then do the funding, dont do it while on boarding, will make your life easier. The app already shows a virtual debit card so its giving me an option to order a physical one at zero cost, but I will wait a few days and then order, don't want more complications.
Don't order the physical card from the services menu, that's the visa platinum card (should be colored red in the app). Block the card and create a new one, this should be a Visa Signature (Colored Black) and will be automatically shipped to your address. Indie is quite smooth after the initial hiccups, so you can get the card as and when you please no issues there.

Don't order the physical card from the services menu, that's the visa platinum card (should be colored red in the app). Block the card and create a new one, this should be a Visa Signature (Colored Black) and will be automatically shipped to your address.
I don't want physical dc, is only virtual visa signature card available, or normal dc only?

I don't want physical dc, is only virtual visa signature card available, or normal dc only?
You see technically it should be but once you block and generate a new card they don't give a choice to go virtual only (At least not until two weeks back), maybe it's in the works, maybe they assume why someone would not opt for a free physical debit card, either way, you can get the physical card; burn it and voila you now have a virtual-only debit card :) cheers. Maybe that's the reason Indus backend developers didn't write the code for a virtual-only card 😅

You see technically it should be but once you block and generate a new card they don't give a choice to go virtual only (At least not until two weeks back), maybe it's in the works, maybe they assume why someone would not opt for a free physical debit card, either way, you can get the physical card; burn it and voila you now have a virtual-only debit card :) cheers. Maybe that's the reason Indus backend developers didn't write the code for a virtual-only card 😅
The normal virtual dc will give gems na.. Then won't be requesting signature dc.

The normal virtual dc will give gems na.. Then won't be requesting signature dc.
I can't confirm if the Gem/reward rate is the same for platinum and signature. Can anyone confirm? Also, they might end zero forex for Platinum debit cards in the future, either way, if you just need a debit card it doesn't matter plat or sig.

Back