• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting Lifetime free HDFC credit card

Prem03

TF Select
I am getting lifetime free HDFC credit cards. I don't have an HDFC credit card yet and I was waiting for the LTF offer.
HDFC is offering me Milennia, Diners Club Privilege, and Indian Oil CC LTF. I already have SBI Cashback CC so I think Diners Club Privilege should be the best one to choose.

Any suggestion from the experts to choose the best card?

Attachments

• HDFC LTF Offer.webp
    HDFC LTF Offer.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 705
I am getting lifetime free HDFC credit cards. I don't have an HDFC credit card yet and I was waiting for the LTF offer.
HDFC is offering me Milennia, Diners Club Privilege, and Indian Oil CC LTF. I already have SBI Cashback CC so I think Diners Club Privilege should be the best one to choose.

Get the DCP card it's the best option out of these 3
Congrats for the card

Congrats Man .

Can you share your relationship with HDFC bank?
Opened the HDFC Max Savings account and I shifted my salary to this account.
After 3-4 months, I started getting offers from HDFC. During their Unconditional LTF credit cards campaign last year, I got Regalia with a good limit but I didn't apply as even with Unconditional LTF, it was showing spend-based. Since I was not a TF member, I didn't know that at that time for Unconditional LTF, everyone got a fee of Rs 0 in the letter.

I discussed with Axis and got a Burgundy salary upgrade from them, so I shifted my salary account to Axis for a Burgundy update.
Thereafter, in further offers(because of less amount in my Saving Max account), HDFC decreased the limit of my CC and gave Milennia as LTF sometimes but I missed those emails which I found later.
I read of TF about getting good LTF HDFC cards and started maintaining a good balance in HDFC(3 Lakh+) to get at least a Classic account upgrade but after around 6 months I got a Preferred update in May month. I accepted it and now for more than a month, I am a Preferred banking customer.

Today, I got the LTF DCP offer and posted this thread on TF.

After 3-4 months, I started getting offers from HDFC. During their Unconditional LTF credit cards campaign last year, I got Regalia with a good limit but I didn't apply as even with Unconditional LTF, it was showing spend-based. Since I was not a TF member, I didn't know that at that time for Unconditional LTF, everyone got a fee of Rs 0 in the letter.

I discussed with Axis and got a Burgundy salary upgrade from them, so I shifted my salary account to Axis for a Burgundy update.
Thereafter, in further offers(because of less amount in my Saving Max account), HDFC decreased the limit of my CC and gave Milennia as LTF sometimes but I missed those emails which I found later.
I read of TF about getting good LTF HDFC cards and started maintaining a good balance in HDFC(3 Lakh+) to get at least a Classic account upgrade but after around 6 months I got a Preferred update in May month. I accepted it and now for more than a month, I am a Preferred banking customer.

Thanks for sharing your experience
I am also thinking of opening HDFC SB account. I only have Tata Neu Plus credit card with 45K Limit last month got LE to 74K.

Congratulations
Did Axis Bank insist 3l or a bit less fine for Burgundy salary account

For someone like me with not much knowledge of HDFC core credit cards, can someone explain how DCP is better than Millennia? Reward rate?

DCP as I understand is for someone into travel/miles and savings on flights/hotel bookings? Better lounge access also. Is the cap on smartbuy also higher?

Last edited:
Congratulations
Did Axis Bank insist 3l or a bit less fine for Burgundy salary account
Axis Burgundy is a different story. I went to Axis Bank for the Sukanya account while waiting I enquired about the Burgundy also. I knew the minimum criteria was 3 Lakh for Burgundy but when I enquired about Burgundy, I got special treatment. They took me to their premium room and the lady there told me that I could get Burgundy in 2 Lakh+ and the range was different as per the city. She told me about the document required and I gave the go-ahead for the upgrade. After a few days when the request was still in the processing state, I asked her why my account had not been upgraded yet.
So she told me that the backend team told her the criteria is 3 Lakh+ but I said since you promised, please get it upgraded. She then took some special approval from the Area manager and my account got upgraded.

She told me that if my salary keeps coming, I won't face any problems. However, after 5 months my account was degraded to Priority, and when I asked the reason no one had any clue. They told me to contact customer care but they were also clueless and finally, they guessed that it could be because the salary amount was less than 3 Lakhs and told me to apply for the upgrade again.

I contacted the lady again to get my account upgraded again as I am not going to maintain the minimum balance for the priority account and she placed the request again. Then again after a few days, the request was not completed and I asked her to check the reason and then finally I got the correct reason.
My account got degraded because, during the Axis CC devaluation and their cleanup activity, they removed my employer's name from their list as they registered long back and shifted to Standard Chartered later on.

So at last I told her to downgrade my account to a normal savings account to avoid maintaining any high balance in Savings and have peace of mind.

For someone like me with not much knowledge of HDFC core credit cards, can someone explain how DCP is better than Millennia? Reward rate?

DCP as I understand is for someone into travel/miles and savings on flights/hotel bookings? Better lounge access also. Is the cap on smartbuy also higher?
Any credit card could be the best depending on your requirements. Even premium credit cards are useless if the benefits are of no use to you.
So it's better to choose the card as per your usage and requirements.

Now to answer your question in simple words, If you don't have SBI Cashback, go blindly for Milennia.
In my case, I have SBI Cashback, Axis Flipkart, and ICICI Amazon, so Milennia is of no use to me but the DCP Movie offer is something I can benefit from.

Back