• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Addon for NRI

mut142

TF Buzz
So I have the following Scenario

I hold a Regalia Gold Card and I am the Primary Card holder. My Son is an NRI and I am planning to get him an Addon Card for Lounge Access. He doesn't hold any Account with HDFC, so I have to apply it via Branch. When I enquired about this at the Branch the CC guy told me just apply with Aadhar and PAN along with the First Two Pages of the Addon Application Form. Even after informing him that my son is an NRI he just said that won't be a Problem. Shouldnt I fill also the 4th Page of the Application?

Not sure about this, but surely CC agents are not that reliable. Better approach another person or another branch.
(Also no need to create a new SB/NRE/NRO account for an add-on card).

The 4th page specifically says certification as per "CBDT notified rules 114F to H", is that something NRIs need to be compliant.

@mut142 : What you are mentioning is the ideal approach, going with all the correct information and paperwork..... I had the same queries when I wanted to get an add-on made for my brother who was a foreign citizen then (or OCI).
I had a tough time explaining HDFC (mind it, even the grievance cells) the case and asking if the add-on is allowed or not...and what documents do they need.
They never gave a clear answer...I left it there.
After few weeks, the local guy from HDFC branch asked me for a PAN and a KYC (old voter) and simply applied add-on as a Indian resident... :-|
I tried not giving the PAN as it would create some trace, but seems like PAN is a mandatory thing for applying add-on via offline route. No issues after that as HDFC doesn't report add-on detail anywhere (cibil, etc), plus all the details incl card no. CVV etc is exactly same.

I think the guy in your case is also going through the simple route (typical practice in banks - if they know process for anything, then they will not care what's customer's specific case/requirement, they'll simply repeat that process, unless it gets rejected and then they wonder the reason).

I think the guy in your case is also going through the simple route (typical practice in banks - if they know process for anything, then they will not care what's customer's specific case/requirement, they'll simply repeat that process, unless it gets rejected and then they wonder the reason).
True.
Credit card agents/grievance cell themselves may not have this information because there a very few people who request this, or just lazy, or they know banks won't bother about it.
So, there is a chance that they simply make the request as a resident Indian.
But the responsibility becomes ours, if this ever blows up.

Back