• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:
Try again. Some cc executives not aware. Tell them I did on another account

Addon card can be closed over call itself. I did it recently. Call 1800 258 3838 from primary number.
Thanks for suggestion. Request was accepted over call, add-on cards will be closed within 7 working days!!

Update: I received a call back from the bank informing that for Tata Neu cards, add on closure request can be taken only by writing letter to Chennai office. For the other Regalia card, add-on closure was accepted over call.

Last edited:

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
But for me, there is difference section in same pdf
And also different pdf received for add on card
can you show me how these statements are? I was looking to get an Infinia add on for my cousin but i read that the add on card holder will not be able to access their part of the bills so I will always need to tell him about his share by reading from the statement (he has a hdfc account).

will the new card be issued with different number and otp will go to add on holder or primary? i understand all card controls will be with primary holder but can the add on holder access all other functionality like redeeming their own points, seeing their statement/due date in the mycards portal etc

Prav

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can we buy more amazon pay voucher from add on card (as now ad on card number is different)
i.e. 20kfrom primary
And 20k from ad on
And get accelerated points for both transactions

Sriim

TF Premier
In February, got addon for my Regalia Gold and got different card number and mapped directly to addon contact number as in their customer ID.

Last week, got addon for tata neu infinity, got different card number but linked with primary card mobile number even though applied with the same customer ID

Don't know why there has to be a difference

Prav

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Accelerated points is limited to the primary card limits
Yes but the question is can we purchase amazon pay vouchers (20k+20k) from primary and add on and get accelerated point for both i.e. (3425 + 3425)
Today I purchased gift voucher from add on card (primary 20k already purchased)from their gyftr account, lets se if accelerated point get credited or not

Sriim

TF Premier
Yes but the question is can we purchase amazon pay vouchers (20k+20k) from primary and add on and get accelerated point for both i.e. (3425 + 3425)
Today I purchased gift voucher from add on card (primary 20k already purchased)from their gyftr account, lets se if accelerated point get credited or not
Please update .

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Had closed my add on card via call.

Applied via internet banking today and same number allotted. Now what?
Dont close the new addon card. Apply again with same addon person details.
You won't see any details of the new card until you receive it.
Probably need to register it manually to the netbanking.
It kind of looks like a primary card in the UI. Only visible in primary user netbanking and addon holders mobile app.

I got it that way.

I closed older addons after that. Even the customer care couldn't see the new addon cards.

I have no idea how their process works 🫠

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dont close the new addon card. Apply again with same addon person details.
You won't see any details of the new card until you receive it.
Probably need to register it manually to the netbanking.
It kind of looks like a primary card in the UI. Only visible in primary user netbanking and addon holders mobile app.

I got it that way.

I closed older addons after that. Even the customer care couldn't see the new addon cards.

I have no idea how their process works 🫠
Using same customer ID number?!