• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:
Cancelled my existing add on and sent documents to Chennai branch for re-issue of new add on card with different card number.
Have mentioned over the email to link the card to add-on phone number.

Received the same yesterday and can confirm, OTP is coming to new add-on phone number.

Just a couple of questions:
Since the gyftr Amazon vouchers are linked to one phone + one card, will this be violating terms of the card if I purchase 20k+20k gift voucher (since this is an add-on and not two primary cards)

Since we both pay rent (legit) for 2 different houses, earlier we were using the same card and redgiraffe, can I now use the add on card to pay the rent of other house? Will this be considered "first rent payment" for each card individually?

If I can, how can I use the add on card with billpay if the card holder is not hdfc account holder? Payzapp? Will that give the milestone achievement?

Thank you for the help in advance.
Did you figure out the answers to your questions @SumitSingh? Please share if yes.

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Card delivered and otp going to primary number.
Had a different experience, for Card Control- limit setting has to be done on primary card holders account, while on trying to do it on Add- on card (my cards) it said limit setting can be done on primary card holder account only. For OTP it is coming to Add-on card holder's mobile No. I guess it has to do with the details you filed while filling the Add- on request form, In my case it was a form submitted at a branch with the mobile No mentioned for add on card.

RTR01

TF Premier
Had a different experience, for Card Control- limit setting has to be done on primary card holders account, while on trying to do it on Add- on card (my cards) it said limit setting can be done on primary card holder account only. For OTP it is coming to Add-on card holder's mobile No. I guess it has to do with the details you filed while filling the Add- on request form, In my case it was a form submitted at a branch with the mobile No mentioned for add on card.
I applied from mobile app and gave customer id for addon application.

Guys, need some insights on add on cards from HDFC. If I apply add on card for my mom via offline method (She doesn't have HDFC account) and receive the add on card with different number from primary card, will she be able to just login to mycards and modify card settings using her mobile number?
(Assuming that she recieves OTPs also on her mobile number)
Or will the add on card have to be added to mycards linked with my mobile number?

Daunt

TF Premier
Will she be able to just login to mycards and modify card settings using her mobile number?
No.
Or will the add on card have to be added to mycards linked with my mobile number?
You don't have to link it. It will automatically create a drop-down & you can select primary or add-on in card control option (mycards)

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_143156.jpg
    IMG_20240407_143156.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 21

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys can anyone confirm?
Those received new add on card with different number.
Is the add on card showing in add on card holder hdfc app?

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys can anyone confirm?
Those received new add on card with different number.
Is the add on card showing in add on card holder hdfc app?
Yes, i have tried in "my cards" online but have never used hdfc app, so it appears separately in my cards for add on card holder, so assuming it works in similar manner on app, but card control can be managed only by primary card holder for add on card holder, it doesn't lets the add on card holder do the changes in 'my Cards"

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, i have tried in "my cards" online but have never used hdfc app, so it appears separately in my cards for add on card holder, so assuming it works in similar manner on app, but card control can be managed only by primary card holder for add on card holder, it doesn't lets the add on card holder do the changes in 'my Cards"
In my case its totally different
add on card showing in hdfc app of add on card holder with separate due date, reward points, fees, and can modify usage settings too