• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I might have received a different add on number. Issue is that it's with my father and he hasn't yet told me the number of the add on. My mom has the infinia metal on her name, I got an add on for my dad recently (using my same customer id which already had addon since he wasn't getting add on due to NRE status of his account), so I got an email and sms saying 2₹ debited at Adani lounge on my card xxxx when I don't have any hdfc credit card linked to this number. Also nothing shows up in mycards portal and adding via the four digits doesn't help as well. Will update here once I have more clarity. I hope I am right!

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I might have received a different add on number. Issue is that it's with my father and he hasn't yet told me the number of the add on. My mom has the infinia metal on her name, I got an add on for my dad recently (using my same customer id which already had addon since he wasn't getting add on due to NRE status of his account), so I got an email and sms saying 2₹ debited at Adani lounge on my card xxxx when I don't have any hdfc credit card linked to this number. Also nothing shows up in mycards portal and adding via the four digits doesn't help as well. Will update here once I have more clarity. I hope I am right!
Hi guys! Happy to confirm that new Add on is having a different number! OTP for online coming to Add on RMN too. Email for card spend on Addon Registered email too.
Weird thing is that the email which comes after transaction is actually showing that available credit limit is 11.62L even though already have around 2L in unbilled for this month lol😂😂 and Total CC limit I have is around 11.62L only 😂😂

Last edited:

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys! Happy to confirm that new Add on is having a different number! OTP for online coming to Add on RMN too. Email for card spend on Addon Registered email too.
Weird thing is that the email which comes after transaction is actually showing that available credit limit is 11.62L even though already have around 2L in unbilled for this month lol😂😂 and Total CC limit I have is around 11.62L only 😂😂
u applied via app or physically?

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No.
wth you mean that person did not have a hdfc acct or customer id
What I mean is ki I already had an add on using that customer id, I wanted new add on for dad but since his account is NRE account, it doesn't allow to even get add on for it. Asked branch, they said the same also same result from infinia support. So tried my luck by applying for add on via netbanking using same customer id but just putting 'Name to be embossed on card' being my dad's. And got the card and new number too

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No.

What I mean is ki I already had an add on using that customer id, I wanted new add on for dad but since his account is NRE account, it doesn't allow to even get add on for it. Asked branch, they said the same also same result from infinia support. So tried my luck by applying for add on via netbanking using same customer id but just putting 'Name to be embossed on card' being my dad's. And got the card and new number too
So now you have 2 different add on cards along with primary card..... Right?
You, your Dad and your Mom - All three have Infinia with different card numbers...... Am I right?

sgoyal9

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone please confirm if the add on cards, that have a different number from the primary card, have a different Smartbuy limit?
That is an Infinia credit card could earn upto 15K accelerated reward points via Smartbuy per month. With an add on (with different number), is it still the same limit or increased?
Also, are people now able to buy 50K Amazon pay vouchers rather than the 25K per month limit?

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone please confirm if the add on cards, that have a different number from the primary card, have a different Smartbuy limit?
That is an Infinia credit card could earn upto 15K accelerated reward points via Smartbuy per month. With an add on (with different number), is it still the same limit or increased?
Also, are people now able to buy 50K Amazon pay vouchers rather than the 25K per month limit?
The RP limits on SmartBuy will remain same I think, that's calculated on account level rather than card (generally HDFC works on all loopholes, unlike axis lol). You could always buy more vouchers by logging into gyftr from a different number. They track the RP sysytem based on merchant name and MCC buddy, not via what number you login into Gyftr with.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The RP limits on SmartBuy will remain same I think, that's calculated on account level rather than card (generally HDFC works on all loopholes, unlike axis lol). You could always buy more vouchers by logging into gyftr from a different number. They track the RP sysytem based on merchant name and MCC buddy, not via what number you login into Gyftr with.
but i heard hdfc flagged account cards using multiple mobile no