• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How? When I do online transaction using add-on DCB it says OTP sent to registered mobile number but no last digits of mobile number is shown, tried on smartbuy & Amazon add-on DCB OTP not coming anywhere. Please guide what to do
How did you get the DCB addon? Was it through netbanking? Or physical form?? Are you sure the mobile number is correct on addon card?? My brother is using my DCB addon from last 1 week. All the OTPs are coming to him.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For infinia this worked : First reissued new addon to existing addon member then called CC and got the old one cancelled. Received nee addon with different number . This won’t work if all three addons are issued. Alternatively call CC have addons cancelled and then reissue.

dpscsela

TF Buzz
I received the DCB metal add on card recently with different card number from Primary card. However the OTP is being received on primary card's mobile number. Contacted customer care and they told me to write a letter (physical letter and not email) to card division in Chennai to update the mobile number for add on card. I will try this to see if it works.

DDYYMM

TF Buzz
The amount of plastic, paper, fuel and time that is going to get spent in people cancelling their existing add-ons and requesting for new ones in the hope of getting a different CC number is disturbing. People will always look out for themselves at the cost of everything/everyone else but at least HDFC should have foreseen this and been clear in their communications and policies. They should have said something like existing add-on holders will not get new CC number until their next renewal, even if it is years from now, and cancellation and re-issuing of add-on cards won't be tolerated.
Why do you think they have started issuing add-on cards with different numbers. It is Rbi directive

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone checked that with different addon card number, one can buy 2X Amazon gv or pay vouchers from gyftr with bonus points?

If that is true then only it makes sense to go with the hassle to cancel and reapply addon

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anyone checked that with different addon card number, one can buy 2X Amazon gv or pay vouchers from gyftr with bonus points?

If that is true then only it makes sense to go with the hassle to cancel and reapply addon
People are already doing that. But there will be associated risk.

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For infinia this worked : First reissued new addon to existing addon member then called CC and got the old one cancelled. Received nee addon with different number . This won’t work if all three addons are issued. Alternatively call CC have addons cancelled and then reissue.
New priority pass card issued for the new addon?
And does the PP has a different no?

parasf

TF Premier
Can someone please confirm if the add on cards, that have a different number from the primary card, have a different Smartbuy limit?
That is an Infinia credit card could earn upto 15K accelerated reward points via Smartbuy per month. With an add on (with different number), is it still the same limit or increased?
Also, are people now able to buy 50K Amazon pay vouchers rather than the 25K per month limit?
I think
Amazon pay voucher limit is 20k
Amazon shopping voucher limit is 20k

Not 50k

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could not reissue new infinia addon on an existing linked account.
Getting error: "REQUEST CANNOT BE PROCESSED AS RECORD ALREADY EXISTS AT VISA END"

Called CC and requested to cancel the addon. Can see the addon gone from netbanking. However still getting the same error.
Maybe there's some backend processing for which I might have to wait. CC had said card will be cancelled within 7 days.

However if anybody has any idea, please do update. Basically just want to know after addon cancellation, how long did it take to request a new addon using the same customerid for addon?

@sxchzy

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could not reissue new infinia addon on an existing linked account.
Getting error: "REQUEST CANNOT BE PROCESSED AS RECORD ALREADY EXISTS AT VISA END"

Called CC and requested to cancel the addon. Can see the addon gone from netbanking. However still getting the same error.
Maybe there's some backend processing for which I might have to wait. CC had said card will be cancelled within 7 days.

However if anybody has any idea, please do update. Basically just want to know after addon cancellation, how long did it take to request a new addon using the same customerid for addon?

@sxchzy
7 days max. If it’s failing through NB, try through app.