• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card Launched | Difference Between the Plastic and New Metal DCB Card

cnu431

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Dang.. thoda prakash daliye kaise Mila 🤔
Bahut log line me hai ;)

Was maintaining a good NRV with HDFC from past 3 years between 15 to 20 lakhs.One of the Zonal head of HDFC was known to me. I had asked for infinia LTF but he said he could get Diners approval at his level. So I had to go for it.

Diner's is not accepted at all places may be that is the reason they have approved it easily.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes! We need LTF DCB / Infinia
Not bragging here,
Got my Infinia 7 years ago through my relationship manager. Initially i was highly skeptical & wary of CC utilization so didn't cash in on the Golden era of HDFC.
Family being high-ups in Govt. service was the only reason. Sadly though, just 2 in my family were issued Preferred Account (HDFC) & Regalia cards, which later got automatically upgraded to Infinia LTF. 2 of us still hanging at the DCB levels.
Only last 2-3 years, i properly understood the CC game and started maximizing my family spends thru it to make additional savings.
Can testify to the benefits though, just through combined insurance & other regular payments, have enjoyed many a stay at Accor properties (25 nights), all paid for using HDFC RPs- Accor points (unfortunately downgraded now).
Anyhow, still learning, contributing & growing.
India is the market and banks / cards will keep on bringing lucrative offers to engage their customer base.
Stay hopeful & informed my friend, there's a lot of knowledge at this forum.
Cheers !

Last edited:
Last October, HDFC Bank launched the metal version of their flagship credit card, the HDFC Bank Infinia credit card. Now, it's DCB's turn. HDFC Bank has introduced the Metal variant of the Diners Club Black Credit Card today. Let's delve deeper into this credit card and also compare the differences between the existing plastic DCB and the new Metal DCB.
Annual Fees: Rs. 10,000 + GST
Annual Fees Waiver Condition: Spend Rs. 8 Lakhs in a year.

Diners-Black-Card_264x167.png
Welcome Benefits:
1. Complimentary Annual memberships of Club Marriott, Amazon Prime & Swiggy One on spending Rs. 1.5 Lakh within the first 90 days of card issuance.​

Features & Benefits:
1. Unlimited Airport Lounge Access For Primary & Add-on Card Holders - Domestic & International​
2. 6 Complimentary Golf games every quarter across the finest courses in the world​
3. Earn 2X on weekend dining at standalone restaurants capped at 1000 reward points per day.​

Reward System:
Earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent [Reward rate: 3.33%]​
Up to 10X Reward Points via SmartBuy [Reward rate: Upto 33.33%]​

Milestones:
Get 10,000 Bonus Reward Points on spends of Rs. 4 lakhs every calendar quarter. [Reward rate: 2.50%]​

Value Of Reward Points:
1 Reward Points = Rs. 1 [For flight and hotel bookings via HDFC smartbuy portal, HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Metal card members can redeem upto maximum of 70% of booking value through Reward Points. Rest will have to be paid via Credit Card.]​
1 Reward Points = 1 Airmiles [Airmiles conversion through Smartbuy / Netbanking]​
1 Reward Points = Rs. 0.50 [Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy]​
1 Reward Points = Rs. 0.30 [statement cash redemption]​

Exempted Categories:
Fuel, EMI, wallet loading, government related transactions, rent payments.​

Capping:
1. Reward Points earned on grocery transactions will be capped per calendar month at 2000​
Reward Points.​
2. Rewards Points accrued for Insurance transactions will have a maximum cap of 5,000 per day.​
HDFC Smartbuy Capping:
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 reward points from the HDFC Bank Smartbuy Portal in a month. There is no daily capping applicable to this credit card.​

Eligibility Criteria:
Indian Resident​
For Salaried Person -​
Salary: Rs. 1.75 Lakhs per month​
For Self-Employed Person:​
ITR: Rs. 21 Lakhs​
How To Apply: Apply Online [Click Here] Or Visit Branch​

Difference Between Plastic & New Metal DCB Card:
  1. The annual fee waiver condition is different. It's 5 lakhs in spends for the plastic card and 8 lakhs in spends for the metal variant.
  2. Swiggy One annual membership now serves as the welcome benefit, replacing Forbes and MMT Black. Previously, on the plastic card, it included a 3-month Swiggy One membership, along with Forbes and MMT Black.
  3. A new milestone benefit has been added to the metal card. Now, you can receive 10,000 Bonus Reward Points as a quarterly milestone benefit. However, the new variant no longer includes the old Rs. 500 x2 (Total Rs. 1000) monthly milestone benefit.
  4. HDFC Bank Smartbuy bonus points capping has been increased to 10,000 on the metal variant from the 7,500 cap on the plastic variant. The metal variant does not have any daily capping, while the plastic variant has a daily cap of 2,500 reward points.
Opinion:
The new metal DCB card's benefits appear to be more practical and make it a much more rewarding credit card. While most benefits remain the same, the new quarterly milestone benefit can make a significant difference. If you can spend 4 lakhs per quarter, you don't need to spend 4 lakhs every quarter. If you can spend 4 lakhs per quarter two times in a year, you can earn 46,665 points (26,665 Regular Points + 20,000 Bonus Points), which is almost a 5.83% return and an annual fee waiver.
However, if you cannot spend 4 lakhs two times a year and already hold a Lifetime Free (LTF) DCB card, then I would suggest you to continue using your plastic card.
Is it possible to get HDFC DCB if package is around 20.5 and switching all the existing account (including salary, demat) from other bank to hdfc ? Will this work to get or should we go with regalia gold for ltf as they offer it for the current package?

jvsjadaun

TF Buzz
Can you all describe where Diners isn't accepted? Have been using Diners for many years now(DCP->DCB), not a single occasion where it didn't work, not even International gateways. This too is in T2/T3 cities primarily.
Does fuel spends count towards quarterly milestones? Also wanted to does diners cards work on park plus app?