• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I called them,they provided my membership number.I tried to log in with that number,it didn't work.It is showing the number doesn't exist.There is some problem from the HDFC end ,I hope it will be rectified soon.
I received a mail from HDFC after complaining about the mix up with my card.I can't see my membership details in the Marriott website,because HDFC messed up with my email id,they entered the wrong email id by deleting 2 words from the mail id.Now I received a message saying you can change your mail id( the mail id they entered on the Marriott website,which doesn't exist) by downloading a form and sending it to the Chennai office.Why would I want to change the email id for the mistake they committed,and why would I want to change a working mail to a mail which doesn't exist?I replied,I can't cahnge me mail id,you have to change the mail id from your end in the Marriott website.Let's see how it goes.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I received a mail from HDFC after complaining about the mix up with my card.I can't see my membership details in the Marriott website,because HDFC messed up with my email id,they entered the wrong email id by deleting 2 words from the mail id.Now I received a message saying you can change your mail id( the mail id they entered on the Marriott website,which doesn't exist) by downloading a form and sending it to the Chennai office.Why would I want to change the email id for the mistake they committed,and why would I want to change a working mail to a mail which doesn't exist?I replied,I can't cahnge me mail id,you have to change the mail id from your end in the Marriott website.Let's see how it goes.
Ummm.. they will not care. Sorry to know this. I think you will have to do it yourself.

So you did not activate your marriott membership yet ? You have your membership number already yes ? With wrong email ?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I called them,they provided my membership number.I tried to log in with that number,it didn't work.It is showing the number doesn't exist.There is some problem from the HDFC end ,I hope it will be rectified soon.
You need to activate your membership 1st.

Go here - https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/createAccount/activateAccountChallenge.mi

It doesnt need email. Just use your membership no. And set up a password.

Then login with membership no and password, you can edit and change your email from your profile.

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I guess i did not activate my membership.They provided me with the membership number,how can i use that to change anything on the Marriott website?Just saw your reply,will try that.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I guess i did not activate my membership.They provided me with the membership number,how can i use that to change anything on the Marriott website?Just saw your reply,will try that.
Let me know how that work out. If you can enter inside your marriott membership. Once inside, you can edit your profile and change email to your correct email.

If this not work call - 18002582527 (marriott india no). And talk with a rep and they will help you. You can tell them, my bank did mistake when they create my membership and you tell them your membership number. I am sure they can help on phone, after verification, your full name, zip code etc.

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I tried with the membership number provided by the customer care,I entered my name,first name,last namd and country and clicked continue.It showed,no profile exists for customer id.I suspect the number provided by them may not be correct or they might have messed up with the name also.

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Let me know how that work out. If you can enter inside your marriott membership. Once inside, you can edit your profile and change email to your correct email.

If this not work call - 18002582527 (marriott india no). And talk with a rep and they will help you. You can tell them, my bank did mistake when they create my membership and you tell them your membership number. I am sure they can help on phone, after verification, your full name, zip code etc.
Hey,calling marriott helpline worked and the issue was resolved with in minutes.Thank you so much @PrinceHeart for the help.HDFC entered my last name as first name and the middle name as last name,so I could not log in previously.The customer care representative updated my email with in seconds after I gave the membership number and I did not experience such swift resolution of a problem until now.Marriott customer service is next level.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey,calling marriott helpline worked and the issue was resolved with in minutes.Thank you so much @PrinceHeart for the help.HDFC entered my last name as first name and the middle name as last name,so I could not log in previously.The customer care representative updated my email with in seconds after I gave the membership number and I did not experience such swift resolution of a problem until now.Marriott customer service is next level.
Glad it all worked out. For others, who are having issues getting membership numbers or name and email issues, can contact marriott helpline 😁

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The Marriott membership is sorted,still the problem persists with the validation of card at Diners concierge.I called the number 022 4232 0226.They said they can't validate the card,it's either blocked or it doesn't exist.Maybe HDFC did not add the Marriott cards to the golf booking access.Has anyone booked the golf game/lesson with the MB card?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The Marriott membership is sorted,still the problem persists with the validation of card at Diners concierge.I called the number 022 4232 0226.They said they can't validate the card,it's either blocked or it doesn't exist.Maybe HDFC did not add the Marriott cards to the golf booking access.Has anyone booked the golf game/lesson with the MB card?
Did you activate your credit card yet ? You have to change PIN and use your card to activate it.

Maybe after that, your card will show in their account ?

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I activated the card,did a transaction and enabled online shopping also.Phone banking people can see the card and they are saying there is no problem with the card,it's only the concierge who can't see the card.I had to make a lot of phone calls,wrote a lot of emails,still the issue isn't resolved.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I activated the card,did a transaction and enabled online shopping also.Phone banking people can see the card and they are saying there is no problem with the card,it's only the concierge who can't see the card.I had to make a lot of phone calls,wrote a lot of emails,still the issue isn't resolved.
Just had few calls with the concierge staff. My card also saying blocked or not activated. And its been 3 months i am using this card lol.

They ask me to call hdfc cc, and they confirm all is good and card is active.

Called concierge again. Same issue, they cannot validate my card. They give me an email, since i am diners international member, i can email them and book golf games - dinersblack.support (@)smartbuyoffers(.)co

5 days in advance for within india, and 15 days in advance for international. Only golf games, lessons not allowed with the card.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just got my10 nights and free night award. Mine and spouse. so this year it is. Now I just cancelled 2 trips thinking will do next year. Will have to do quick. Since I am at 23 nights now

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just got my10 nights and free night award. Mine and spouse. so this year it is. Now I just cancelled 2 trips thinking will do next year. Will have to do quick. Since I am at 23 nights now
I got them last night as well. Got "welcome free night award, up to 15k points", valid for 1 year from now.

Now, i want to see if the 10 free night stay will continue next year or not. Cause I dont have any plans for booking till next yr.

pmhunter

TF Select
I wrote to HDFC multiple times, these were some of the replies.

So I activated my card in September, hoping to get 10 ENC credited this year to reach the next Elite level, sadly it won't happen by EOY.
So booked a mattress run stay to hit the next tier since I was not going to get the ENC this year. Today, ENC credited to account.:rolleyes:

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got them last night as well. Got "welcome free night award, up to 15k points", valid for 1 year from now.

Now, i want to see if the 10 free night stay will continue next year or not. Cause I dont have any plans for booking till next yr.
Nights will be showing up till feb. And then they will reset the status and nights count to show per Dec 31st.
The previous year status will continue if you have met the status requirement. I.e. if you have stayed for 10 nights in 2023 then you will have silver status in 2024 too.

TF Premier
Received card last month and Marriott account showing 10 Nights and 1 award night valid till 15/12/2024. Joining Fees yet to be charged on the card.