• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Classic Account

DarthYoda

TF Premier
Hello members, I'm going to open an account in HDFC but by reading some articles i came to know about classic variant, so i have some questions regarding the same.
1 - Initial Funding is 1lac or it's based on branch?
2 - Should i open regular a/c first then maintain 1lac for auto upgrade?
3 - I'm not going to maintain 1lac continously but i can maintain for some months occasionally in one financial year. What's the probability of downgrade?
4 - On paper millennia is better debit card for me, so can i cancel platinum or both are free?
5 - Suppose my account gets downgraded, the debit card issuance and amc will get deducted just after downgrade or from next year?
6 - Should i open online or offline?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello members, I'm going to open an account in HDFC but by reading some articles i came to know about classic variant, so i have some questions regarding the same.
Need to maintain 1L & then it can be either upgraded after pre-approved offer or by filling form, as it can't be opened directly like other savings account
Open Savings Max & then Maintain 1L
3 - I'm not going to maintain 1lac continously but i can maintain for some months occasionally in one financial year. What's the probability of downgrade?
Won't degrade easily & if they want to downgrade, you'll receive mail alerts for 3...
Need to maintain 1L & then it can be either upgraded after pre-approved offer or by filling form, as it can't be opened directly like other savings account
Won't degrade easily & if they want to downgrade, you'll receive mail alerts for 3 months "to maintain 1L or it'll get downgraded"
4 - On paper millennia is better debit card for me, so can i cancel platinum or both are free?
U can cancel Platinum which is Free, but Millenia will be charged for all accounts except Classic, Preffered, Imperia.
5 - Suppose my account gets downgraded, the debit card issuance and amc will get deducted just after downgrade or from next year?
Maybe it'll be charged on Anniversary date
Thanks in advance.
In my case, I did not face any problem in online opening.

Last edited:
Solution

Won't degrade easily & if they want to downgrade, you'll receive mail alerts for 3 months "to maintain 1L or it'll get downgraded"

Both LTF if savings Max account is opened

Both LTF if savings Max account is opened
No, Millenia won't be LTF if it is Savings Max A/c. You will be charged for any other card than Platinum Debit Card. It will only be free if you have classic, preferred or imperia.

Thanks in advance.
Initial 1L is good
Open via branch

U can cancel Platinum which is Free, but Millenia will be charged for all accounts except Classic, Preffered, Imperia.

After how many days should i go to fill form.
In hdfc site, under regular savings account it says that choose millenia for metro/urban & moneyback dc for rural location.
Suppose i open online and i want millenia dc then don't u think i should open regular bcz in savings max, they are giving platinum ltf?
Or am i missing something ?
And if i upgrade it then the charges will get reversed or not?
And thanks for ur detailed reply.

Thanks in advance.
It is better if you open it offline with an initial 1L cheque. And the downgrade would again be dependent on your branch.

2-3 months maybe, I had got pre-approved offer for Preffered after 1 year (Maintained above 2L)
In hdfc site, under regular savings account it says that choose millenia for metro/urban & moneyback dc for rural location.
Mostly branches are semi-urban, I think u can still get Millennia if u want, doesn't matter what is branch location or home location.
Suppose i open online and i want millenia dc then don't u think i should open regular bcz in savings max, they are giving platinum ltf?
As u wish, u can open Regular too
Or am i missing something ?
And if i upgrade it then the charges will get reversed or not?
Don't think it'll get reversed
And thanks for ur detailed reply.
Welcome

2-3 months maybe, I had got pre-approved offer for Preffered after 1 year (Maintained above 2L)

Mostly branches are semi-urban, I think u can still get Millennia if u want, doesn't matter what is branch location or home location.

As u wish, u can open Regular too

Don't think it'll get reversed

Welcome
Last time when i asked in the branch, that person wasn't even sure which dc I'll get and doesn't know about classic program also.
Then tomorrow I'll go to different branch then ask about it.
If i get moneyback or platinum then can i order millennia dc online ?

I opened account offline via branch and filled the form after recieving the welcome kit

Account got upgraded in 3-4 working days after filling the form
If its okay then do tell how much Initial funding and which variant u opened?
You denied their instant welcome kit?
What are the components and type of DC in that kit?

If its okay then do tell how much Initial funding and which variant u opened?
I opened preffered the Intial funding was 5 lakh so maybe you can get classic with 1-2 lakh of intitial funding
You denied their instant welcome kit?
No i did not deny the welcome kit what i meant to say was that i filled the form for upgradation after recieving the kit
What are the components and type of DC in that kit?
Cheque book, welcome letter, Easyshop Platinum debit card

I opened preffered the Intial funding was 5 lakh so maybe you can get classic with 1-2 lakh of intitial funding

No i did not deny the welcome kit what i meant to say was that i filled the form for upgradation after recieving the kit

Cheque book, welcome letter, Easyshop Platinum debit card
Oh okay got it.
Imphal (Manipur)

If you want millenia, go for regular savings a/c. I too hold that as of now. My branch is semi urban and got millenia only, opened online via vkyc. But remeber it will be chargeable.

If you open savings max, you get ltf platinum.

If you get upgraded to classic, the previous debit card charges won't get reveresed, but won't be charged in future

Last edited:
Back