• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC debit cards: millenia vs easyshop platinum

ltf4ever

TF Legend
i hold an easy shop platinum. my dad has received a millenia debit card.

though on paper the easyshop platinum seems to be an upgrade, are there any unique features on the millenia?

i usually use credit cards (dcb) for all my card based expenses. as preferred tier in hdfc, i have this dc free and can also ask my father to upgrade for free.

within family, does it make sense to keep both the cards, or close the millenia and apply for 2nd easyshop platinum?

Solution
So ,
Both DC comes with own advantages

Easyshop platinum comes with higher spending limit , 1 % cashback on bill payment upto 750 through HDFC bill pay which can be useful in credit card bill payment.

Millennia comes with lowers spending limit but offer upto 5% on online shopping and also gives upto 400 on wallet reload .
Which can be use to load paytm or mobikwik wallet and used to bill payment or any other payments.

So if your mail goal is CC bill payment go for Easyshop platinum.
Otherwise you can keep one platinum and one millennia on other account to keep things balance.
So ,

Easyshop platinum comes with higher spending limit , 1 % cashback on bill payment upto 750 through HDFC bill pay which can be useful in credit card bill payment.

Millennia comes with lowers spending limit but offer upto 5% on online shopping and also gives upto 400 on wallet reload .
Which can be use to load paytm or mobikwik wallet and used to bill payment or any other payments.

Otherwise you can keep one platinum and one millennia on other account to keep things balance.

Solution
So ,

thanks a lot!
also, apart from credit card bill payments, what are the scenarios in which you prefer using dc over cc?

So ,

Can i pay my CC bill from a friend's account who has got easyshop platinum DC from HDFC? will he get cashback of 1%?

My bill is usually under 40k and all expenses are through CC so I either pay bill on Paytm using Millenia DC directly or load wallet through it and then pay.

Last month my bill was a bit higher so I used Millenia and my IDFC DC for 1% on both due to IDFC cashback offer

My bill is usually under 40k and all expenses are through CC so I either pay bill on Paytm using Millenia DC directly or load wallet through it and then pay.

Last month my bill was a bit higher so I used Millenia and my IDFC DC for 1% on both due to IDFC cashback offer
Looks like millennia DC best budgeted for you to yield 400/- per month seamlessly (y)

Hi I have a hdfc easyshop business debit card and I have done a wallet reload in paytm as well as mobikwik do we get 1% like hdfc platinum debit card. And how much time it takes to get cashback.

Hi I have a hdfc easyshop business debit card and I have done a wallet reload in paytm as well as mobikwik do we get 1% like hdfc platinum debit card. And how much time it takes to get cashback.
Yes u will get cb but u say it’s business card so not sure moreover easy shop platinum card won’t give cb for wallet loads it’s giving for bill pay via hdfc portal

A question - Can HDFC easyshop platinum debit card be linked to Payzapp and directly used for electricity bill payment? In that case will we get the cashback points (1 per 100 for utilities) for platinum Debit card?

I think Platinum debit card is better than Millennia, it has higher spending limit, the 1% cashback (upto Rs.750) from HDFC portal when paying credit card bills (except HDFC cards), AND it also gives you lounge access. Even though I have other cards for lounge access, I swiped this one in Delhi 6 months ago.

Back