• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC declining core CC

SpaceBar

TF Select
Today I found an interest tweet regarding core and co-branded credit cards. He said to apply the core card first otherwise once you get a co-branded card the bank will decline the core card applications. One also comments similar that his brother has a Tata Neu card but HDFC declining any new card application. I also heared several times the customer care ask first if I held and HDFC cards or not. What is your opinion in this case?

What you heard is true.

HDFC generally allows only 1 card.
If its co branded, you can't get any other card.
If its core card, you can get co branded card as floater.

If you are lucky enough, you can convert the floater card into some other core card.

If you are really in need of core card, you will have to close co branded. Wait till you receive NOC, then apply fresh for core card.

What you heard is true.

If you are lucky enough, you can convert the floater card into some other core card.

If you are really in need of core card, you will have to close co branded. Wait till you receive NOC, then apply fresh for core card.
But many people have more than one HDFC card. How do they get these?

What you heard is true.

HDFC is most stupid bank with sh** support.
According to them nothing is possible, yet people hold more than 4-5 cards with mix of core, co-branded.
IMG_20240102_110002_794.jpg

1.2 Lakh. Although they show MoneyBack plus and a fuel card in the platform.
Enjoy the card bro .. tata neu is good.

If u will close .. untill u have 2-3 lakh cc limit on axis ,amex , kotak etc for c2c apply in hdfc. Its not worth it

Bcz pre approved u will get 50k limit with moneyback and freedom card & stuck forever..
.if u have other card ready for c2c close & apply after 6 month as @vijay.vj said

If I understand your points correctly then there is two options.
1) Apply through C2C basis holding the Tata Neu.
OR
2) Close tata neu and re apply after 6 months.

Enjoy the card bro .. tata neu is good.

If u will close .. untill u have 2-3 lakh cc limit on axis ,amex , kotak etc for c2c apply in hdfc. Its not worth it

Bcz pre approved u will get 50k limit with moneyback and freedom card & stuck forever..
.if u have other card ready for c2c close & apply after 6 month as @vijay.vj said
I understand that Tata Neu card is a good card for beginners and Money Back plus don't worth that much but do they approve it if I apply. I have a savings bank account with them since last year.

Here is your only way out if you want any good core card from HDFC.

1. Close tata neu
2. Stay away from freedom, moneyback, moneyback+
3. 6 months cool down period, Make sure your previous application at least 6 months ago.
4. Meanwhile, keep checking for any pre-approved core cards of your choice (Minimum Millenia, high as per your capacity)
5. When time is right, apply via pre-approved or C2C (only if you hold 2L + CC limit on SBI, Amex, axis, HSBC etc)

Another option is, try via corporate way as mentioned in https://www.technofino.in/community...h-no-prior-relationship-within-a-month.21331/

Yes. And core cards except DCB or Infinia are anyway crap now. So one shouldn't go after entry level core, limit enhancement is quite good on Tata Neu card.
I am looking to have a core card to buy instant vouchers using credit cards. The reason is that millennia debit card doesn't give 5% cashpoints. They show 3% if I pay using any debit card.

Not sure if this is related to order but I have Infinia and Tata Neu and I cant be special customer as I dont even have savings account in hdfc.
And as mentioned by others, even they have 2 cards.
Just see if there is some network type issue i.e. for me, networks are Infinia - Visa and Tata Neu -Rupay

Not sure if this is related to order but I have Infinia and Tata Neu and I cant be special customer as I dont even have savings account in hdfc.
Just see if there is some network type issue i.e. for me, networks are Infinia - Visa and Tata Neu -Rupay
Here I am asking if you get the Tata Neu card before Infinia?

Open a preferred account with them, and in no time, you will have everything you need via RM.

Back