• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Imperia benefit of free locker

mrbanker

TF Select
If anyone in the Imperia program of HDFC has managed to avail the free locker, how did you do it? The RM is of no use to avail that benefit in my case, suggestions needed to acquire a locker in a new branch which is opening near my place.

What inconvenience could it have caused you ?! These days account transfers are transparent to the customer. Only the SOL ID changes in the bank's software. Is it not like that at HDFC ?!
The IFSC code changes, did not want to risk any problems as my account is linked everywhere.. moreover, I did not want to go through with the formalities of shifting multple bank accounts of which few were of my other family members.

It was very smooth process for me, i went directly to the branch and asked for free locker, they told no locker is available so i went to hdfc website and filled online query form and then got a call from branch then they arranged a small size locker in a few days.
Yup branch always tries to stop you from availing your free perks, I only mail or call customer care, never visit branch

I have received my free locker today after escalating to Grievance team, first the branch near me asked for some investment which I denied and e-mailed the same to Grievance team and the branch called me and allotted the locker. It's a new branch which is six months old so the lockers are available and the lucky part is it's only 100mtrs away from my place..

I have received my free locker today after escalating to Grievance team, first the branch near me asked for some investment which I denied and e-mailed the same to Grievance team and the branch called me and allotted the locker. It's a new branch which is six months old so the lockers are available and the lucky part is it's only 100mtrs away from my place..
Thanks for the update !! I am going to try this method now.

Did you mention newly opened branch details while escalating to get locker and what was the context of Grievance teams's response? Did they internally ask RM to cordinate further with the nearest branch?

RM is of no use and always trying to push for investments.

Thanks for the update !! I am going to try this method now.

Did you mention newly opened branch details while escalating to get locker and what was the context of Grievance teams's response? Did they internally ask RM to cordinate further with the nearest branch?

RM is of no use and always trying to push for investments.
RM was cooperative but at the end of the day branch people are the one's that are going to allot locker. Yes, I mentioned the branch name. Grievance team reached out to the branch and the branch called me after the escalation mentioning they will allot locker after the documentation is done.

It is mostly worst experience with HDFC since my 12yrs of account with them. A new branch opened just 200m away from my home , had applied for locker and was in waiting , now got a call from branch that locker is available. Now the BM told me upfront that do any investments to get locker even if you have imperia account or any other account.

Do Investments and give us business in form of
- FD
- ULIP
- SIP monthly 10k at least.
- Term Insurance.
for their targets or shitty 1% commission they trap us in worst investment schemes.

Should I escalate , personally i feel its nearest branch to me so want to just ignore & open locker in SBI with 50k FD(ask from SBI nearest branch just 200m away) and 2k locker charges per year.

It is mostly worst experience with HDFC since my 12yrs of account with them. A new branch opened just 200m away from my home , had applied for locker and was in waiting , now got a call from branch that locker is available. Now the BM told me upfront that do any investments to get locker even if you have imperia account or any other account.

- FD
- ULIP
- Term Insurance.
for their targets or shitty 1% commission they trap us in worst investment schemes.

Should I escalate , personally i feel its nearest branch to me so want to just ignore & open locker in SBI with 50k FD(ask from SBI nearest branch just 200m away) and 2k locker charges per year.
Yes, write it down to Imperia support email id. They will cry like a baby.. 🤪

Being an Imperia customer, you should have better connect with BM rather than RM. Always keep BM's number handy. I connect with BM on my preferred account directly and he involves RM just to complete the formalities :hehe:
I can check with my BM/RM if there are any queries, however, looking at the date of OP post, this goes back in 2023 :sleep:

Just escalate :D say i have other options :D
Thats why is say IDFC 10K savings accounts give more befit then imperia
HDFC RMs are beggars. After getting the Infinia through my RM without any investment or plans, i have completely stopped attending her calls. She took approval as i was not meeting any conditions, neither the spend one nor the limit one.

Was lucky that my old RM got me the free locker that too in another branch as home branch doesnt have lockers.. New RM would have never ever been able to get it done.. is on holiday most of the times..

I already told him , SBI willing to open easily and their charges are 2k per year.. But he was stuck to only one thing , the branch is new footfall is less so now take investment through us just give us business.

I will talk to the RM about this if she agrees then its ok or else I will close the account with HDFC , I know its a pain since as its linked at many places.
Now he was like how did i get imperia status if I am not maintaining required balance . I told i have salary account since years , hdfc term life policy , Regalia Gold cc with 9L limit may be that's the reason it is Imperia.

not sure never tried IDFC , actually branches are very few in my city but my org has tie up. should i switch to IDFC. My experience with Axis is always above ICICI , HDFC

- FD
- ULIP
- Term Insurance.

Escalate it on the twitter or to the imperia support. That's how I got mine. They have asked me to invest, I escalated it and got the locker within a week

You donot need a bm or rm or any approval from anyone. You just need to open a locker and tell them your account number. Amount will be deducted from your account only, if your account is imperia, money will not be deducted.

I opened locker last to last year in a different city from where my home branch is, without any investment or anything. Money was deducted around March when my account was preferred , and nothing was deducted when my account changed to imperia

You donot need a bm or rm or any approval from anyone. You just need to open a locker and tell them your account number. Amount will be deducted from your account only, if your account is imperia, money will not be deducted.

I opened locker last to last year in a different city from where my home branch is, without any investment or anything. Money was deducted around March when my account was preferred , and nothing was deducted when my account changed to imperia
For opening a locker will be thru manager as branch is new. Hes branch employees are personally calling people and asking to meet BM for locker and then BM is pitching schemes wasted my 1hr today.

Back