• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia "requesting" 1.5 lakhs spend per month?

I got the mail, tagged as low spender but didn't get the maintain 1.5L message

My spends are upwards of 2L on an avg

View attachment 57071
With regular high spenders not getting the "request to spend 1.5 lakhs" banner, it is clearly a warning for those who received it--that if you don't spend 1.5 lakhs/month, you will be downgraded.

So that they get a chance to comply with this new requirement and avoid any downgrade.

With regular high spenders not getting the "request to spend 1.5 lakhs" banner, it is clearly a warning for those who received it--that if you don't spend 1.5 lakhs/month, you will be downgraded.

So that they get a chance to comply with this new requirement and avoid any downgrade.
That's exactly what's gonna happen either spend or loose your benefits and by yourself will downgrade as there is no point to hold if you don't get multiplication points etc

Downgrade a card based on spent is something not done...
Yes they can convert LTF to paid during renewals.. but even that will be unethical

lounge /Golf access might be linked to spent but monthly 1.5L is steep ask for a card with yearly fee waiver at around 8-10L.

SWith regular high spenders not getting the "request to spend 1.5 lakhs" banner, it is clearly a warning for those who received it--that if you don't spend 1.5 lakhs/month, you will be downgraded.

Wow... Axis penalizes high spenders
HDFC penalizes low spenders.
Season 4 Pain GIF by The Simpsons

Downgrade a card based on spent is something not done...
Yes they can convert LTF to paid during renewals.. but even that will be unethical

lounge /Golf access might be linked to spent but monthly 1.5L is steep ask for a card with yearly fee waiver at around 8-10L.

I don't think they would have a spend requirement for lounge access on their top tier card considering even Regalia Gold and Diners Club. Golf is still a possibility.

I have also not heard of cards themselves being downgraded, for PR reasons its easier to devalue and issue a new variant then migrate their high revenue customers to that.

In any case this is all speculation and perhaps there's no sense in overthinking the email too much. It could be just a nudge to encourage customers to make use of Infinia more in their portfolio of cards.

Why worry... Salary dikha ke jo naya wala variant nilalein woh log apan bhi wohi le lenge... Accha hai agar aur mushkil se denge toh

Even if there's a mistake in the customer list that was pulled from some analytics database, the existence of a "Infinia Low Spenders" list shows that the bank is concerned that the average spend on Infinia per card overall is not up to their expectations.

I've seen many many posts on Technofino, on CardsExpert, on Reddit and Twitter where people proudly announce that they have "achieved their goal of acquiring Infinia!" and then proceed to say that their aim was only to acquire the card and not to use it, except for occassional spends and lounge access. They consider it as a trophy they can flaunt as part of their "collection" online and in their circles. I even saw a post "I came to know that this card is the hardest to get in the country and then I HAD to add it to my collection!" The person doesn't even know anything about the card! Acquiring the card has become a goal in itself.

This is what happens when you gatekeep something way too much and way too desirable. It becomes a rare trophy to be flaunted. I see the same thing happening with ICICI Emeralde Private.

RMs sell ULIPs and pull other strings to get the card approved for their favourite customers who are actually low spenders. And this is the result. The funny thing is that HDFC refuses to give this card to genuine HIGH spenders. It is ridiculous that Indian banks refuse to invest in analytics systems in this age of AI that can automatically recognise spending patterns and classify customers accordingly and instead still rely on "recommendations" by employees.

I expect the renewal benefit for Infinia to go up to around 15 lakh now.

Last edited:
I also got the mail but 1.5L spending was not mentioned but I have spent close to 2L in last two months but it will not cross 1.5L in single statement

Even if there's a mistake in the customer list that was pulled from some analytics database, the existence of a "Infinia Low Spenders" list shows that the bank is concerned that the average spend on Infinia per card overall is not up to their expectations.

I've seen many many posts on Technofino, on CardsExpert, on Reddit and Twitter where people proudly announce that they have "achieved their goal of acquiring Infinia!" and then proceed to say that their aim was only to acquire the card and not to use it, except for occassional spends and lounge access. They consider it as a trophy they can flaunt as part of their "collection" online and in their circles. I even saw a post "I came to know that this card is the hardest to get in the country and then I HAD to add it to my collection!" The person doesn't even know anything about the card. Acquiring the card has become a goal in itself.

This is what happens when you gatekeep something way too much and way too desirable. It becomes a rare trophy to be flaunted. I see the same thing happening with ICICI Emeralde Private.

RMs sell ULIPs and pull other strings to get the card approved for their favourite customers who are actually low spenders. And this is the result. The funny thing is that HDFC refuses to give this card to genuine low spenders. It is ridiculous that Indian banks refuse to invest in analytics systems in this age of AI that can automatically recognise spending patterns and classify customers accordingly.

I expect the renewal benefit for Infinia to go up to around 15 lakh now.
If they increase to 15L then I think I should go for magnus

My wife has paid infinia metal, she got the mail without any spending criteria mentioned.

Limit on card is 21 L. 8 months old.

Monthly spend varies from 50k to 3 L.

And I am only having tata neu card among hdfc CC 😂

I have close to 9lakh spends in last 3 months, albeit 1 month was very high vs the others. My husband has close to 12lakhs on the card in last 3 months. Both of us got tagged as low_spender.

I am not sure, what is the category of high_spender or even average spender in Infinia.

Back