• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia "requesting" 1.5 lakhs spend per month?

Any devaluation comes in straight as a surprise. Such requests to maintain spends of 1.5 lacs are not pre-informed.

I think HDFC is preparing for Infinia Reserve launch in October. They have shortlisted potential people (based on spends on HDFC and other cards, salary credit, NRV etc) and have also set criteria for upgrade. And they are simply asking these potential people to increase/maintain spends so that upgrade offers can be rolled out later.

Reactions: SSV
I also received the mail 5 days ago. Mail doesn't contain any spends based communication. However, I checked at the bottom mail, surprised to be tagged as a Low spender. I have already met 10L criteria in 6 months, now at 14L spends. Maybe for them, the average spender would be above 20L per annum. I always thought the 10L criteria in Infinia was relatively low compared to the old Magnus criteria.

Any devaluation comes in straight as a surprise. Such requests to maintain spends of 1.5 lacs are not pre-informed.
The bank is sending mass emails to inform infinia users. This is what the topic of this thread is. What type of pre-informed way you want ? Emailing is much easier than calling every infinia users one on one. As for devaluation - there is no such notification from the bank - yet. And the bank is within their rights to change the terms of service anytime, without any such notice. We have all agreed to those terms and conditions when we get any cc.

The "low spender" tag in emails is MAYBE just the file name of that word sheet, that they use as a template for mass emailing and nothing more. And many are already panicing. Maybe they already knew this will happen, or maybe the email technicians are just bored from their desk job and want to have some fun.

The bank is sending mass emails to inform infinia users. This is what the topic of this thread is. What type of pre-informed way you want ? Emailing is much easier than calling every infinia users one on one. As for devaluation - there is no such notification from the bank - yet. And the bank is within their rights to change the terms of service anytime, without any such notice. We have all agreed to those terms and conditions when we get any cc.
I think you are also saying the same thing that I am trying to say.
To be clear, I am trying to say that the HDFC emails dont talk about consequences of not spending 1.5 lacs. Its definitely not a devaluation email. Nor it is expected that a bank would give pre-information or hints of future devaluations.
As some people on this thread are worried with this email, I think we should also look at the positive possibilities.

Don't think this email is sent just as a gentle reminder or just for fun 😊

this is a precursor to a selective devaluation, but only for certain low spending customers.

Nothing will change for the high spending customers who are giving the bank lots of profit. They will be encouraged to spend more and given limit enhancements also.

So a process of discrimination will soon begin

Last edited:
I can't see why people want to spend more than 1.5 lakhs a month with HDFC infinia, when Magnus Burgundy gives more than 14% return on spends over 1.5 lakh in a month
Yaar yeh 14% is on spends over 1.5lk na? Like agar 2lk kia toh 50k ka 14% return mil sakta hai na?
What was the % on spend below or equal to 1.5lk?

Just looked at the email I got, it's weird no message about spending 1.5lk a month but neeche low spender ki gaali likh di hai lol.

Yaar yeh 14% is on spends over 1.5lk na? Like agar 2lk kia toh 50k ka 14% return mil sakta hai na?
What was the % on spend below or equal to 1.5lk?

Just looked at the email I got, it's weird no message about spending 1.5lk a month but neeche low spender ki gaali likh di hai lol.
Magnus burgundy gives you
4.8% up to 1.5 lakhs.
14% over 1.5 lakhs.

Infinia is very good for Smartbuy up to 112,500 per month.
Why spend above that??

You are absolutely right ..
they do this because they dont want to associate with 🪓 🪓 🪓 at any cost ...
My emails are responded to within 24 hours and customer care on phone within 5 seconds.
so the service is no problem.
But only because I am a true Magnus burgundy customer.
The same service will not be received by others.

My emails are responded to within 12 hours and customer care on phone within 5 seconds.
so the service is no problem.
but you will be regulary banned to redeem your ER points and asked to present evidence for your spends..
How humiliating is this for a proud high profile customer ..??

but you will be regulary banned to redeem your ER points and asked to present evidence for your spends..
How humiliating is this for a proud high profile customer ..??
Interesting observation, so now it becomes a matter of ego

• Haha
Still such an invitation only card naming their esteemed customers as “low spenders” not acceptable
They can send a note stating that if card not used for this much xxx then benefits will get deactivated or they tier users based upon spending

Back