• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia "requesting" 1.5 lakhs spend per month?

Even if there's a mistake in the customer list that was pulled from some analytics database, the existence of a "Infinia Low Spenders" list shows that the bank is concerned that the average spend on Infinia per card overall is not up to their expectations.

I've seen many many posts on Technofino, on CardsExpert, on Reddit and Twitter where people proudly announce that they have "achieved their goal of acquiring Infinia!" and then proceed to say that their aim was only to acquire the card and not to use it, except for occassional spends and lounge access. They consider it as a trophy they can flaunt as part of their "collection" online and in their circles. I even saw a post "I came to know that this card is the hardest to get in the country and then I HAD to add it to my collection!" The person doesn't even know anything about the card! Acquiring the card has become a goal in itself.

This is what happens when you gatekeep something way too much and way too desirable. It becomes a rare trophy to be flaunted. I see the same thing happening with ICICI Emeralde Private.

RMs sell ULIPs and pull other strings to get the card approved for their favourite customers who are actually low spenders. And this is the result. The funny thing is that HDFC refuses to give this card to genuine HIGH spenders. It is ridiculous that Indian banks refuse to invest in analytics systems in this age of AI that can automatically recognise spending patterns and classify customers accordingly and instead still rely on "recommendations" by employees.

I expect the renewal benefit for Infinia to go up to around 15 lakh now.

Very nicely and succinctly captured. The mail is definitely impending that some actions would be taken for the low / non-spenders. Mostly they would get downgraded to Regalia or whatever exists in that category!! If HDFC doesn't earn enough via spends (since Indians are less prone to revolving), they may take some corrective measures.

Guys, I just had a chat with my RM...
As I suspected, in my first post.. it is just a general informative messge to remind us to spend on this..
He doesn't have any information at hand about this 1.5L threshold..
So it is not known within HDFC inner circle itself...

DOnt worry guys, my first feel is that , it is just a normal reminder...
I also had a chat, they do not know, asked me to send email to infinia support to get clarification!! not sure if it ever will come

So they said what I said in my very first post to this thread.. but in more formal words ...
Thank you @Pavan for taking sometime to get this from the horse's mouth !!

I too got the same.. don't worry...
They want to remind us that those are the benefits we are missing out by not spending on Infinia...

See the keyword we request you to maintain average monthly spend of 1.5L..

take it easy... however , spend big when required...

Last edited:
Me and a couple of my friends checked this email.

We received it on 7 Jun. Does not have the 1.5L clause in anyone's email. The average spend of each would be over 3L for each of us for atleast the previous quarter.

I have close to 9lakh spends in last 3 months, albeit 1 month was very high vs the others. My husband has close to 12lakhs on the card in last 3 months. Both of us got tagged as low_spender.

I am not sure, what is the category of high_spender or even average spender in Infinia.
Over 25 lacs per year would be a high spender,, provided the bank earned over 50000 MDR

We have two Infinias in our household. Mine is Metal FYF, with annual spends around 20Lacs and spouse has Plastic LTF, and her annual spends would be around 6 Lacs.

HDFC mailer to me did not have that 1.5 Lacs paragraph and spouse's mailer had 1.5 Lacs expectation paragraph.

In my opinion, credit card business is a delicate balance of margin and spend volume for the banks, and HDFC might be feeling the heat due to lower margins as well as lower spend volumes, particularly from Infinia customers.

Within a quarter, we might see Lounge access linked to spends, particularly for LTF cards. Fingers crossed.

May be the bank is creating an uncertainity or a romour to curb the Infinia upgrade requests.
Also its a way of action based on RBI instruction on Credit holdings of every bank..

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
Back