• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia "requesting" 1.5 lakhs spend per month?

Mine has the low spender tag, I am spending 1.3 lac on an average
My usage is much lower than that still I didnt get any loe spending tag, simply got the request to maintain spends- "As a valued customer, we are delighted to serve you with the unmatched Infinia experience. We request you to maintain a monthly spend of ₹1.5 Lakh on your Credit Card."

Next way of devaluation which i assume: (able to understand how bankers think)

If you don't spend so much then no rewards multiplication avaliable so it will be like spend 2.5l per in a month to continue your benefits of the card with a capping or else no rewards multiplication in gyftr portal for vouchers nor smartbuy portal etc.

(This way it plugs any smart thinkers are beaten by over smart thinkers. Time will tell how devaluation will be done brutally)

Next way of devaluation: (able to understand how bankers think)

If you don't spend so much then no rewards multiplication avaliable so it will be like spend 2.5l per in a month to continue your benefits of the card or else no rewards multiplication in gyftr portal for vouchers nor smartbuy portal etc.
This is unlikely. don't worry it won't happen

No mail recieved as of now.
Things point to different possibilities.
1. Asking everyone to spend 1.5 L per month to maintain the decorum of this card.
2. May be they are going to give limit enhancements in bulk, hence requesting to take advantage by spending atleast 1.5 L per month.
3. Is there any news of Infinia reserve or Galaxia ?
4. Risk of downgrade (never happened in past)
I have not got any limit enhancement offer since approval (aprox 1 year ago).

Was casually browsing reddit, when I saw a post where an Infinia holder was "asked/requested" to spend 1.5L per month. I remember seeing a similar kind of email a week ago in my mailbox. So I rechecked the email and it did not mention any such request. But what caught my eye was the footer of the email. It is tagged 666-Infinia-Low-Spender. Only the Infinia word is visible and rest part is in white font (clever HDFC). I missed it at first obviously and caught it today only as gmail highlighted the entire string .
This is probably an internal classification of the email and targetted to low spend customers. This confirms HDFC is classifying the Infinia customer base based on spends. Not sure to what extent. Maybe a devaluation based on spends.

1718200779434.png

There is no word saying that you are a low spender ..
Where is the definition of low spender in hdfc until now??
They arbitrarily picked this 1.5L as of now..

Infinia Reserve is coming , I strongly suspect...May be by this festive season...
Copy terms and conditions applied | unsubscribe part from the bottom of the email page and paste in apple notes or keep notes (not as plain text). You'll see the magic 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: SSV
We all should call up CS and enquire about this. Only then HDFC might be forced to reply with a clarification mail.
Good idea.. did you call? what are they saying? anything about differences between Ghanta and Star segments? Did they sell you any investment plan at the end?

Was casually browsing reddit, when I saw a post where an Infinia holder was "asked/requested" to spend 1.5L per month. I remember seeing a similar kind of email a week ago in my mailbox. So I rechecked the email and it did not mention any such request. But what caught my eye was the footer of the email. It is tagged 666-Infinia-Low-Spender. Only the Infinia word is visible and rest part is in white font (clever HDFC). I missed it at first obviously and caught it today only as gmail highlighted the entire string .
This is probably an internal classification of the email and targetted to low spend customers. This confirms HDFC is classifying the Infinia customer base based on spends. Not sure to what extent. Maybe a devaluation based on spends.

View attachment 57040
how much have you spend till date in last 12 months?

Good idea.. did you call? what are they saying? anything about differences between Ghanta and Star segments? Did they sell you any investment plan at the end?
Lady said no such information on their end.

Infinia helpline never tries to sell any investment plans, are you sure you faced something like that?
I do find Infinia/ Imperia helpline to be well at par with Amex (however amex CS has deteriorated currently)

Reactions: SSV
Back