• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia [HDFC INFINIA] Shattered Dreams of Obtaining it!

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have been fighting for HDFC Infinia and finally today got verdict that I cannot get Infinia unless I close all my co-branded cards, Practically not possible as I use my Tata Neu Infinity card everyday !

Summarized Journey with HDFC​

2012:

• Opened a salary account with HDFC, received a free lifetime Platinum VISA card.
2014:

• Returned to ICICI due to poor HDFC service; HDFC account changed to regular savings.
2022:

• Applied for Millennia LTF card; rejected due to existing LTF Visa Platinum card.
  • Advised to cancel Platinum card and reapply after 3 months.
2022:
  • Closed Platinum card, applied for and received DCP LTF card.
Early 2023-2024:
  • Obtained LTF on Bonvoy, Swiggy, and Tata Neu Infinity cards.
  • Savings account upgraded to classic banking account with a Relationship Manager (RM).
  • RM encouraged adding funds for Infinia Card.
  • Applied for Infinia Card; rejected due to holding LTF DCP card.
  • RM advised to close DCP card and reapply in 3 months; DCP card closed recently.
  • Infinia application rejected due to holding Bonvoy, Swiggy, Tata Neu Infinity cards.

Till date I have been fighting with HDFC escalation and Grievance team and they have no Idea on how to resolve this case :D

1725119308989.webp

I have never seen a bank which wants their customers to fight to get their product ! I hold ICICI Emeralde Metal (Paid), Emeralde Plastic LTF , Axis Magnus Burgundy (Had to fight, but not hard as HDFC), Amex Platinum, IDFC Wealth LTF.

For IDFC, ICICI and Amex, I never had to fight for CC services.

HDFC is totally on a different level. I have decided to give up !! Now I have no core cards but only co-branded cards.

Moral of the story, never close your core card for the upgraded cards if you have third party cards! And never listen to your RM :D Fight directly with CC team!

Last edited:
I have been fighting for HDFC Infinia and finally today got verdict that I cannot get Infinia unless I close all my third party cards, Practically not possible as I use my Tata Neu Infinity card everyday !

2012:

• Opened a salary account with HDFC, received a free lifetime Platinum VISA card.
2014:

• Returned to ICICI due to poor HDFC service; HDFC account changed to regular savings.
2022:

• Applied for Millennia LTF card; rejected due to existing LTF Visa Platinum card.
2022:
Early 2023-2024:
  • Savings account upgraded to classic banking account with a Relationship Manager (RM).
  • RM advised to close DCP card and reapply in 3 months; DCP card closed recently.
  • Infinia application rejected due to holding Bonvoy, Swiggy, Tata Neu Infinity cards.

Till date I have been fighting with HDFC escalation and Grievance team and they have no Idea on how to resolve this case :D

View attachment 66945

I have never seen a bank which wants their customers to fight to get their product ! I hold ICICI Emeralde Metal (Paid), Emeralde Plastic LTF , Axis Magnus Burgundy (Had to fight, but not hard as HDFC), Amex Platinum, IDFC Wealth LTF.

HDFC is totally on a different level. I have decided to give up !! Now I have no core cards but only third party cards.

Moral of the story, never close your core card for the upgraded cards if you have third party cards! And never listen to your RM :D Fight directly with CC team!
wow.. bonvoy swiggy tata and nw u asking for infinia.. do u have so much spend.. why r u collecting so many... i understand they r ltf but co branded are always restrictive... and u already have m4b and emeralde.. what exactly are u missing / chasing... u have gd cards..

I have been fighting for HDFC Infinia and finally today got verdict that I cannot get Infinia unless I close all my co-branded cards, Practically not possible as I use my Tata Neu Infinity card everyday !

2012:

2014:

2022:

2022:
Early 2023-2024:

View attachment 66945

HDFC is totally on a different level. I have decided to give up !! Now I have no core cards but only co-branded cards.

Cobranded can be upgraded to infinia.

I have been fighting for HDFC Infinia and finally today got verdict that I cannot get Infinia unless I close all my third party cards, Practically not possible as I use my Tata Neu Infinity card everyday !

2012:

2014:

2022:

2022:
Early 2023-2024:

View attachment 66945

HDFC is totally on a different level. I have decided to give up !! Now I have no core cards but only third party cards.

You're in a unique situation, brother. It's the first time I've heard of someone already having a lifetime free credit card, so they can't upgrade. I salute your patience—very few people stay committed with such persistence to get a card. However, in my opinion, there's no point in fighting so hard with HDFC Bank just for a card. It's just a card, after all. The time and energy people spend trying to get this card could be better invested in upgrading themselves, their skills. If you do that, you won't even need this card. The cards you currently have are some of the best from HDFC, so just use those. There's no need to waste more time on this. But, of course, the decision is yours. Thanks for sharing your experience regarding this card.

DCP could also be upgraded to Infinia directly with the right limit and spends with a little bit of help from the RM or enough threats to the escalations.

2012:

2014:

2022:

2022:
Early 2023-2024:

View attachment 66945

What's the limit on your HDFC cards? What are your cumulative spends?

If you are Magnus burgundy you don't need Infinia.
just try to get HDFC Biz black, which is given on fixed deposit of 5.5 lakh plus
can salaried employee take this, i have ITR2 for the last FY

I am asking them to upgrade my Tata Neu infinity to LTF, while they are asking to do same for my DCB (LTF), I do not want to loose DCB LTF, so if I can get biz black then I do not need infinia

Back