• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia [HDFC INFINIA] Shattered Dreams of Obtaining it!

@mastfun, How you were able to get ICICI Emerald credit card as LTF? Is it because of Salary criteria or Pre-approved offer?
It's offline application! I already had Metal paid! Not sure if it's salary, I have wealth account. NRV literally 50K and they are maintaining wealth only due to salary!

I move funds to IDFC as soon as I get salary!

If credit limit on existing ICICI card is 5L, Paid Emerald PVC Card is shown as pre-approved offer with joining fee as 12K + GST and annual fees as 12K + GST.

Anywho, my advice would be to try and get a fresh DCB or Regalia Gold and then work your way upto Infinia,
Or you can try visiting different branches to find someone who'll process a fresh Infinia application for you(quite difficult thought)

Will they give it? As it's a core card and I cannot apply for core card now :(
Yes has been reported by many that you cannot have a Co branded card if you want to apply for Infinia.

That is why I have purposely not accepted my lifetime free HDFC swiggy, because I am wondering whether or not to apply for infinia

If you're getting the above offers then perhaps before moving the funds you could try one last time with the BM.

Which Indusind credit card are you planning for and have you got any confirmation for it to be LTF before you move the funds?

I've heard quite a bit about Indusind interest rates, are they better than that of IDFC though?
No point. My RM also tried several times but they are not budging. I even mailed the customer care and escalation teams, no luck. Not begging now.

I've already moved my funds to Indusind mainly due to the saving account interest rates. To put it in perspective, I will get interest of ~85k on the avg. balance of 14L which ICICI would've fetched no more than 45k. Putting everything in one account to maximize the slab benefit.

I am aiming for Solitaire or Pioneer Heritage CC, but looks like I'll have to wait for some time and build a solid profile first. But that's not a problem to me because I have Pioneer VISA infinite debit card which also has a lot of good offers.

Regarding comparing with IDFC, i think they are almost similar in most ways. Another reason behind choosing Indusind was that my fiancee works there, so I don't have to worry on the service part, plus i got a mid sized locker LTF 😀

15L and more than 6L ... I paid my Kiddos fee and term insurance through DCP!
Well IMO you shouldn't have closed the DCP. You were almost eligible for Infinia upgrade.

Ask HDFC to upgrade your Swiggy card to Infinia. Write some strong mails. DM if you need any help.

If you are Magnus burgundy you don't need Infinia.
just try to get HDFC Biz black, which is given on fixed deposit of 5.5 lakh plus

if i do a fd of 5.5 i'll be eligible for the card ? will the offer pop up or do i need to contact the rm

I got Bonvoy for 1 night stay offer, redeemed it in coorg and it was great value! Swiggy, yes it was not required!
getting a cc for one quick perk is not the best way forward.. as you can see... But You have a good collx.. can get great value on your spends... HDFC / SBI and now Axis have become very finicky with issuing multiple cards to same person.. all have different nakhras... Axis will club Limits, SBI will. say overleverage, HDFC has some rule of core card etc.... 1 bank 1 Card is my mantra... exceptions are there... in very special cases if you have planned category spends.. ( i know the amex trifecta gang is itching to comment 🐼)

Moral of the story, never close your core card for the upgraded cards if you have third party cards! And never listen to your RM :D Fight directly with CC team!
IMO, Wrong moral about closing/holding core card.
But, yes, RMs don't give a damn about you or your core/3rd party. They prefer commissions to goodwill.
My understanding is that if a person has more than one card the spends are going to be split, and definitely that happens with 3rd party cards. ( For eg., if I am a regular customer of Swiggy then I will surely try to get the Swiggy cc and those spends get moved to it).
Please try to show them spends statements that they are losing business and then you should see them dance.

OP, your post title suggests a FOMO.
You have some excellent cards in your portfolio and you are already living the dream. HDFC INFINIA isn't going to make much of a difference to that dream. Being issued a particular CC, either paid or LTF, is a matter of luck as well besides your net worth / CIBIL. Don't take it personally.

if i do a fd of 5.5 i'll be eligible for the card ? will the offer pop up or do i need to contact the rm
You have to apply offline at the branch, and give them them FD over 5.5 lacs on the spot, in order to get a paid Biz Black card (11800 joining fee and renewal fee)
You will get 80 to 90% of the FD amount as your limit

If credit limit on existing ICICI card is 5L, Paid Emerald PVC Card is shown as pre-approved offer with joining fee as 12K + GST and annual fees as 12K + GST.
A 5L limit on an existing ICICI card is not required. If you have Sapphiro/Rubyx (Some have directly got from coral), you will get the Emerald offer within 1-1.5 months in the pre-approved section.
Based on your profile it can be LTF/Paid offer. My father has Sapphiro LTF with 3.2L and got an Emerald offer within a month, negotiating to get the card LTF via the Home Branch.

Back