• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Limit Enhancement - Nov 23

I saw a pop up in hdfc netbanking app which said "check your new limit on your card"(something like that). When I clicked on it and entered mobile, last 4 digits of card number and otp, it said "request could not be processed. please try again later". I didn't see that pop up again. I haven't received mail/sms for the LE. I really don't know what that was. Is it a glitch?

Use HDFC card normally (under 30%) for 3-4 months and then suddenly use 2-3x (depending upon how much LE you expect) of your limit in one cycle by repaying & reusing.
Wouldn't using above the limit lead to overlimit fees even if you are repaying before reusing? I was charged overlimit fees for doing this last month. I didn't contest that thinking it might be because of that but if that's not the case then I would love to get my 500 back.

Wouldn't using above the limit lead to overlimit fees even if you are repaying before reusing? I was charged overlimit fees for doing this last month. I didn't contest that thinking it might be because of that but if that's not the case then I would love to get my 500 back.
Lol... You should know how overlimit fees gets charged first.

Reference: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/help-regarding-idfc-over-limit-fee.19700/post-427079

Example for above post:
Let's assume you have 50k limit, you used 49k & want to use 40k more. Do the 40k or above payment to credit card. Let the 49k & 40k transaction settle (most 3 days).

Once settled, you can do the 40k worth transaction again at any merchant.

Key here is: At any point of time, your pending outstanding amount shouldn't go above your limit. This is where people confuses.

Hope you understood.

I saw a pop up in hdfc netbanking app which said "check your new limit on your card"(something like that). When I clicked on it and entered mobile, last 4 digits of card number and otp, it said "request could not be processed. please try again later". I didn't see that pop up again. I haven't received mail/sms for the LE. I really don't know what that was. Is it a glitch?
Arrey go to mb or nb, in cards sections there is option to increase it. No need of that banner

This happened with me too 😤
rashmika-mandanna.gif

Yes, I got the pop up too, but when I checked, it said that i already have maximum limit or something 😑.

Back