• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

Never received, That's why asking. in March, April bought Gift cards from Payzap via Miliena DC but never received Promotional points
The way which I showed you earlier is for the DC cashback, not for transactions through PayZapp.

I believe you won't earn DC promotional points this way since the table clearly shows "nil." Also there are two important points relevant to your transaction:

1. The eligible cashback for Debit Card transactions on PayZapp will be posted as Cash points on PayZapp Wallet for Flights, Instant vouchers, Red Bus category.

2. Customers transacting through Debit card on PayZapp shop (select categories such as flights / Redbus / Instant voucher) shall get PayZapp cashpoints instantly or within 5 working days upon inputting promo code.

If you have done everything correctly then check your payZapp wallet for the cashpoints, not the internet banking.

You must've got 3% points in the payZapp wallet.
Screenshot_20240803-185912~3.webp

Last edited:
The way which I showed you earlier is for the DC cashback, not for transactions through PayZapp.

I believe you won't earn DC promotional points this way since the table clearly shows "nil." Also there are two important points relevant to your transaction:

1. The eligible cashback for Debit Card transactions on PayZapp will be posted as Cash points on PayZapp Wallet for Flights, Instant vouchers, Red Bus category.

2. Customers transacting through Debit card on PayZapp shop (select categories such as flights / Redbus / Instant voucher) shall get PayZapp cashpoints instantly or within 5 working days upon inputting promo code.

If you have done everything correctly then check your payZapp wallet for the cashpoints, not the internet banking.

View attachment 63746

1) So, if I buy an instant voucher, using Millennia DC in Payzapp, do we get 5%+ 2.5% (for Millennia DC) plus 3% PZ cashpoints (in PZ wallet), correct?
1.a.) how to buy instant voucher in Payzapp? Do we again access smartbuy from Payzapp app?
2) if I buy an instant voucher using balance in Payzapp wallet, we get 5% PZ cashpoints (back in PZ wallet), correct?

I don't know if your account variant has free debit card or not. However, the annual charges of millennia DC are ₹500+GST = ₹590/-

As for your second query, it depends on your gift voucher denomination, you can even go for ₹5400 amount, this way you can get:

- 5400 × 7.5% = 405 (5 rupee loss, as 400 is max cap)
- 5400 × 5% = 270 (promotional cashback)

Total: 675 which is exact 12.5% of 5400.
One more question, 5% is instant the rest 5+2.5 % shows up in promotional after 3 months?

I guess calendar month is considered for calculation

1) So, if I buy an instant voucher, using Millennia DC in Payzapp, do we get 5%+ 2.5% (for Millennia DC) plus 3% PZ cashpoints (in PZ wallet), correct?
1.a.) how to buy instant voucher in Payzapp? Do we again access smartbuy from Payzapp app?
2) if I buy an instant voucher using balance in Payzapp wallet, we get 5% PZ cashpoints (back in PZ wallet), correct?
I've never used payZapp as it gives 3% and that too in payZapp wallet. I like to have cashback in my account.

1.) I'm not 100% sure, but it should give you that.

1.a.) Yes, you get the access of GYFTR in the app itself.

2.) No idea bro, sorry :pleading-face:

Last edited:

View attachment 63746
Yes, received cashpoints when bought, bcz 3% coupon applied. Means when we buy from payzap with DC, only 3% cashpoints nothing extra.
So next time me should buy from direct smartbuy website?

Yes, received cashpoints when bought, bcz 3% coupon applied. Means when we buy from payzap with DC, only 3% cashpoints nothing extra.
So next time me should buy from direct smartbuy website?
Yes, you should purchase GV (GYFTR) via smartbuy website with Millennia DC. That way, you can get maximum cashback after 90 days.

Btw, how much points you got in your Millennia DC after those GV purchases? (I'm asking about the product feature one)

I don't know if your account variant has free debit card or not. However, the annual charges of millennia DC are ₹500+GST = ₹590/-

As for your second query, it depends on your gift voucher denomination, you can even go for ₹5400 amount, this way you can get:

@D₹V you may update your thread with this info.

How did you calculate 12.5% lol?

Yes, you should purchase GV (GYFTR) via smartbuy website with Millennia DC. That way, you can get maximum cashback after 90 days.

Btw, how much points you got in your Millennia DC after those GV purchases? (I'm asking about the product feature one)
Only 3% Received as Cashback Points in Payzap. Nothing Extra. 2.5% extra paid for Amazon Giftcard too 😂 from past 4 months doing wrong steps.

Back