• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

Plus 5% + 2.5% for shopping on smartbuy using hdfc debit card. (With combined cap of 400 per month). Exclusive feature of millenia debit card.
For any further query, refer to our brother @desiviru explanation in this thread only for detailed information.
Means if I already earned 400 cap by loading money into wallet then I will only receive 5% upto 1000 on smartbuy and no extra cashback

One more question smartbuy cashback comes under which cashback type ?promotional cashback or millennia dc cashback. because millennia dc cashback can be redeemed only in multiple of 400 but in case of promotional cashback we can redeem any amount
Yes, they fall under the 'promotional cashback' category, which is a completely separate section in the rewards.

I'm not sure about the redemption limit, as I have a Platinum DC. However, as far as I remember, your query has been answered in this thread.

//Edit: There you go, I found it for you:

The promotinal cashback has minimum Rs.1 or 1 Point conditions

Smartbuy cashback is for every debit card of HDFC. 5% upto 1000.

So, if you make the ₹20000 worth of purchase from smartbuy, you will get 5% additional cashback upto 1000.

This is completely different from 1% of utility cashback upto ₹750/-
So for Millenium DC, on smart buy 10% upto 1k.

Utility separate bucket of 1% upto 750?

So for Millenium DC, on smart buy 10% upto 1k.
No no, I see where you are getting confused.

Millennia DC/Platinum DC has 5% smartbuy cashback upto 1000. (This is completely different cashback)

And, there is extra 5% cashback points on shopping via SmartBuy if you use Millennia DC, but this does not get accumulated with the initial 5% which I wrote above.

Instead this gets combined with 2.5% cashback points on all online Spends, which is a feature of Millennia DC.

Example: You made a transaction of 5000 on smartbuy (lets say any voucher) using Millennia DC.

Answer: You will get ₹250/- (which falls under 5% promotional cashback upto 1000) + You will get ₹375/- (which falls under debit card feature)

Now you may wonder why ₹375 (7.5% of 5000) instead of ₹125 (2.5% of 5000)

Because when you make a purchase on smartbuy using millennia DC, it's not 2.5% millennia feature instead its 7.5% (5% + 2.5% additional smartbuy + millennia feature)

Utility separate bucket of 1% upto 750?
If you have platinum DC then yes, it's a different bucket

If you have millennia DC then it gives 2.5% instead of 1% but upto 400 only.

If you use Millennia DC in smartbuy, you get 7.5% upto 400. (because you have additional 5% cashback of smartbuy here)

I hope this helps a little.

Noted.

1) Is this 7.5% for any buying transaction or bill payments etc ?

2) Any other restrictions in smartbuy or millennia DC to get this 7.5% , other than calendar monthly limit of ₹400 ?
Answers to both questions: You will earn additional cashback according to the highlighted table.

So, the answer is no for bill payments.
Screenshot_20240803-093818~3.webp

Back