• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

there is a little point worth mentioning in millennia credit card that is , smartbuy cashback is credit back to the statement directly, where as other cashback's of card will come under redemntion segment which can be redeemed with minimum 500Rs.

Que. are both cashbacks credit in a similar way in case of millenia debit card?
In Millennia debit card cashback is posted under two heads in Reward Points
1. Millennia Debit Card Cashpoints (Redeemable in multiples of 400 / Minimum 400)
2. Promotional Cashback (Redeemable, minimum 1)

Promotional cashback points are for smartbuy/payzapp transactions and this is credited after 3 months in all the debit cards.

Then payzapp instant cashpoints are better right? Whats the process of that? I didn't see any coupon to apply while paying
3% instant Payzapp cashpoints on debit card orders are applicable for vouchers and flights only, at the payment page you need to apply coupon code available in payzapp.
For other orders beside vouchers and flights you will get 5% cashback in debit card (after 3 months).

CategoryDebit card through web / SmartbuyDC through PayZapp shopDC through PayZapp ShopPayZapp Wallet
(DC cashback points)(DC cashback points)(PZ Cashpoint)(PZ Cashpoint)
IGP.com10%10%--
Flights5%-3%5%
Hotels5%5%--
IRCTC5%5%--
RedBus5%5%--
Instant Voucher5%-3%5%
Apple Imagine Tresor5%5%
Zoom Car5%5%-
Nykaa5%---
Myntra5%---
Jockey10%---
MMT Holiday Packages5%5%NA5%
Pharmeasy10%---

Source: Smartbuy Accelerated Earn Rules

Last edited:
If Mr.X used Millennia CC for same transactions:

1. 5% smartbuy cashback (max. 1000)= Rs.250 (will be posted as statement credit within 3 days of txn).

Iska matlab samajh ni aa raha kya bhai? Tabhi kaha ki thoda acche se padh lo pehle.
Debit card ma promotional cashback seedha account me aata hai is my question?

3% instant Payzapp cashpoints on debit card orders are applicable for vouchers and flights only, at the payment page you need to apply coupon code available in payzapp.
For other orders beside vouchers and flights you will get 5% cashback in debit card (after 3 months).

CategoryDebit card through web / SmartbuyDC through PayZapp shopDC through PayZapp ShopPayZapp Wallet
(DC cashback points)(DC cashback points)(PZ Cashpoint)(PZ Cashpoint)
IGP.com10%10%--
Flights5%-3%5%
Hotels5%5%--
IRCTC5%5%--
RedBus5%5%--
Instant Voucher5%-3%5%
Apple Imagine Tresor5%5%
Zoom Car5%5%-
Nykaa5%---
Myntra5%---
Jockey10%---
MMT Holiday Packages5%5%NA5%
Pharmeasy10%---

Source: Smartbuy Accelerated Earn Rules
Thanks for putting up the table !
Are there similar tables available for CC through PayZapp ?

Head exploded after reading all pages. Can anyone tell me if Platinum highest possible cashback (1000+750) is higher than Millennia highest possible cashback or not (1000+400)? Or does Millennia have more CB via something I haven't understood?

Can somebody help if CC payment via millennia DC is working via paytm or which app? i don't see paytm wallet to load? need reverification? how to utilize my dc for cc payment?

Debit card ma promotional cashback seedha account me aata hai is my question?
Not in account but you have to go to Netbanking/App and then Cards-Debit Cards- Enquire - Debit Card Cashback Redemption and there you will see Promotional Cashback. Smartbuy cashback is credited to this section only and you have to redeem points in max. 90 days. Min. point to redeem is Rs.1. After redemption it credits back to your savings account. If you have 2 savings accounts you have to redeem separately for each one.

Millennia specific cashback is shown just below it with min. points required is 400 and in multiples of it. Like 400/800/1200 etc. You can't redeem 500. If you have 500 pts in Millennia row only 400 can be redeemed and for other you need to earn 300 more to make it 400.

Head exploded after reading all pages. Can anyone tell me if Platinum highest possible cashback (1000+750) is higher than Millennia highest possible cashback or not (1000+400)? Or does Millennia have more CB via something I haven't understood?
It's easy to earn 400 with Millennia than 750 with platinum. For Millennia you need 16000 for CC payment and for Platinum whose max. is 1%, 75000 needed to be paid. So if someone has Rs.20000 CC bill he will get 400 with Millennia but only 200 with Platinum. Platinum suits only those who have higher CC bills every month. For smartbuy it doesn't matter as all HDFC CC/DC can give max. 1000 no matter what variant you use.

Not in account but you have to go to Netbanking/App and then Cards-Debit Cards- Enquire - Debit Card Cashback Redemption and there you will see Promotional Cashback. Smartbuy cashback is credited to this section only and you have to redeem points in max. 90 days. Min. point to redeem is Rs.1. After redemption it credits back to your savings account. If you have 2 savings accounts you have to redeem separately for each one.

Millennia specific cashback is shown just below it with min. points required is 400 and in multiples of it. Like 400/800/1200 etc. You can't redeem 500. If you have 500 pts in Millennia row only 400 can be redeemed and for other you need to earn 300 more to make it 400.
Thanks man. And I think ₹50 redemption charge is only on credit card right. From 1 August 2024

Thanks man. And I think ₹50 redemption charge is only on credit card right. From 1 August 2024
Yes. So better redeem all your Millennia CC as cash till July 31st. After that we will redeem like once in 6 months.:sneaky:

I am having Millennia CC when minimum redemption for cash was 2500 points. Lost 1180 and 750 as could never reach 2500. But at that time Smartbuy had 5% extra just like Millennia DC and 2.5% for online spending. These days using it for everything via Amazon/Smartbuy and rarely Payzapp. Payzapp load also over after July 31st.

It's easy to earn 400 with Millennia than 750 with platinum. For Millennia you need 16000 for CC payment and for Platinum whose max. is 1%, 75000 needed to be paid. So if someone has Rs.20000 CC bill he will get 400 with Millennia but only 200 with Platinum. Platinum suits only those who have higher CC bills every month. For smartbuy it doesn't matter as all HDFC CC/DC can give max. 1000 no matter what variant you use.
So that means if I've already gotten 750 cashback from platinum DC, I can still get 1000 cashback from smartbuy? Which will make my total cashback to 1750 (1000 + 750)

Am I right? 😕

Last edited:
Same query, after reading all that and doing calculation I am losing my cells 😂

Back