• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc platinum DC issue New!

asahi

TF Premier
i’m not getting cashback points on my platinum dc for Cc payments from 19th July 2024 onwards. Is it because of switching to bbps?. Is it happening with everyone or just me. When I reached to hdfc support via twitter they’re throwing generic responses with MCC codes link. So are we screwed with this new transfer, Making Platinum DC most useless card?

PS: if this is a Duplicate thread, please merge it thank you & sorry

i’m not getting cashback points on my platinum dc for Cc payments from 19th July 2024 onwards. Is it because of switching to bbps?. Is it happening with everyone or just me. When I reached to hdfc support via twitter they’re throwing generic responses with MCC codes link. So are we screwed with this new transfer, Making Platinum DC most useless card?

Sometimes it can take upto 5 to 7 days to get the points..
It is only 3 days since you did the transaction.
wait for a few more days.. you should get the points
I got the RPs recently after moving to BBPS.. Don't worry..

Sometimes it can take upto 5 to 7 days to get the point..
It is only 3 days since you did the tranaction.
wait for a few more days.. you should get the points
I got the RP recently after moving to BBPS.. DOnt worry..
Okay Tnq let’s see

Same issue for me as well .Have you received points ?
My transaction done on 24th July Wednesday has not fetched any points yet .Card was Amazon icici and transaction summary on statement shows BBPSBILLPAY .

Same issue for me as well .Have you received points ?
My transaction done on 24th July Wednesday has not fetched any points yet .Card was Amazon icici and transaction summary on statement shows BBPSBILLPAY .
No i didn’t get any, my card is Icici Coral

One theory(maybe I’m wrong), as i observed you can set Autopay(smartpay) to icici cards via Debit card,and as of now it’s only enabled for icici, i checked other bank cards like sbi axis kotak etc, No AutoPay Option. So i am assuming icici cards won’t get cashback points anymore(i hope i am wrong). You didn’t get points for Amazon card & I didn’t for coral cards, so it doubled my doubt.

Last edited:
New Update, when i paid my AXIS bank Credit card bill via hdfc app, i got the message as RENTALBBPS, I’ll attach the pic

Attachments

• IMG_7498.webp
    IMG_7498.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 48
New Update, when i paid my AXIS bank Credit card bill via hdfc app, i got the message as RENTALBBPS, I’ll attach the pic
we are all getting this new descrption for a quite a sometime ie. a week or so and was extensively discussed elsewhere in the respective threads

Last edited:
Yekkada bro, link pettu bro

hope its settled now?
got points right

hope its settled now?
got points right
No points whatsoever, when contacted customer care via twitter, & after the mcc link as response, i told them, almost all my cashback points earned to this date is because of cc bill payments. Then they said “please tell us the offer you received from the bank”.& replied the offer is 1% cashback points on utility payments via hdfc app using platinum DC & i also requested them to give mcc code of the disputed transaction. They raised a service request. So waiting

No points whatsoever, when contacted customer care via twitter, & after the mcc link as response, i told them, almost all my cashback points earned to this date is because of cc bill payments. Then they said “please tell us the offer you received from the bank”.& replied the offer is 1% cashback points on utility payments via hdfc app using platinum DC & i also requested them to give mcc code of the disputed transaction. They raised a service request. So waiting
better they dont recover our old cc bill paid rewards haha

what is the last cc bill payment date for which you guys got rp on platinum dc?

Credit card bill payments are not eligible for cash back as per t&c. We are getting cash back only because of MCC bug. As you disclosed that all your earned points were from credit card bill payment transactions, now they may recover cash back. If they reverse your cash back then I think you don't have much option.

I don’t think so, they can’t recover, if there’s a bug it’s their fault, for not correcting it for these many years. I think HDFC Bank knows that customers using platinum dc for cc payments & getting cashback. If by any chance they started recovering the money, there will be a huge chaos, there will be so many Rbi Ombudsman cases & few may go to consumer court also. And Hdfc will loose significant amount of Platinum DC users. Definitely they won’t recover that’s for sure. Maybe they stop issuing cashbacks for cc payments(according to other Tfian’s views even this is not possible).
Credit card bill payments are not eligible for cash back as per t&c. We are getting cash back only because of MCC bug. As you disclosed that all your earned points were from credit card bill payment transactions, now they may recover cash back. If they reverse your cash back then I think you don't have much option.

I don’t think so, they can’t recover, if there’s a bug it’s their fault, for not correcting it for these many years. I think HDFC Bank knows that customers using platinum dc for cc payments & getting cashback. If by any chance they started recovering the money, there will be a huge chaos, there will be so many Rbi Ombudsman cases & few may go to consumer court also. And Hdfc will loose significant amount of Platinum DC users. Definitely they won’t recover that’s for sure. Maybe they stop issuing cashbacks for cc payments(according to other Tfian’s views even this is not possible).
Banks won’t accept their failure easily they try to recover from customers to the best

Did you received cashback? I did 23rd July but still today's date not received any kind of cashback.

Back