• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred savings account

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Currently I have HDFC regular savings account. I maintained more than 2L all the time. I want to upgrade it to Preferred account.
After upgradation to Preferred account, do I need to maintain 2L AMB all the time?

Currently I have HDFC regular savings account. I maintained more than 2L all the time. I want to upgrade it to Preferred account.
After upgradation to Preferred account, do I need to maintain 2L AMB all the time?
on paper, yes. but you will not be charged penalty instantly if balance falls below that. and it depends on the RM how much grace period they want to give you.

What if I maintain .5L-1L AMB all the time then Preferred banking will be downgraded??
I have been using HDFC for 6 years now as my salary account. There are lot of things they see. The AMB which they show is not your actual TRV (Total Relationship Value) in AMB they only see you savings account balance. And yes it's dynamic. For sometime my balance was low and I got a call saying we are degrading your account to Classic because of low AMB. So I said I will withdraw all my FD is done so and then they left it as it is. So it's quite tricky. Best is talking to the RM.

I didn't maintain 2L MAB past 8+months, they send mail you are missing benefits maintain MAB not yet downgraded.

But recently i moved from regular to savings max still on preferred to avoid DC charges, i don't use the most of preferred benefits..

I didn't maintain 2L MAB past 8+months, they send mail you are missing benefits maintain MAB not yet downgraded.

But recently i moved from regular to savings max still on preferred to avoid DC charges, i don't use the most of preferred benefits..
Did you move from reg to savings max while still being in pref?? If so, how? Even I want that

So is there something like Savings Max Preferred? Hearing it for the first time! What are the benefits?

Bro classic, preferred, imperia are just programmes.

The savings account just gets enrolled into these programmes.
It can be any category of account like basic savings or savings max.
Ekdm jazzbaat badal gaye mere to! hahahahaha.. I used to think bas Imperai mila gaya ab life mein kuch nahi nahi chaiye! Lekin abhi aur bhi struggle hai life mein! :P Ok so I have a regular salary account with imperia. Do you recommend fighting for Savings Max aur anything similar?

Ekdm jazzbaat badal gaye mere to! hahahahaha.. I used to think bas Imperai mila gaya ab life mein kuch nahi nahi chaiye! Lekin abhi aur bhi struggle hai life mein! :p Ok so I have a regular salary account with imperia. Do you recommend fighting for Savings Max aur anything similar?
Not right now but as soon as you are going to put your salary to any other Bank... Convert your variant from whatever to savings max to avoid dc charges

Ekdm jazzbaat badal gaye mere to! hahahahaha.. I used to think bas Imperai mila gaya ab life mein kuch nahi nahi chaiye! Lekin abhi aur bhi struggle hai life mein! :p Ok so I have a regular salary account with imperia. Do you recommend fighting for Savings Max aur anything similar?
Savings max is a account variant in which one has to maintain 25k mab where the user gets more benefits than the regular 10mab variant.

Once you are enrolled into the hni banking program, account variants doesn't matter only the classic, preferred, imperia tier matters.

speaking from my experience (2-3 times) with the assigned RM: do exactly opposite of what they tell you to do. if they say something cannot be done, it definitely means that it could be done 😐
In one case my dad opted for classic in June but using old dc they deducted amc for that dc in oct, that RM told it's not possible to reverse the charges as only easyshop plat is free... Told him that every dc should be free for preferred but he's still doing nothing... Customer care told to talk to him

Can you elaborate such an incident 🤣 🤣
1)rm told me i cannot get my cc ltf. went to the branch, applied, and got my ltf cc delivered in 10 days. rm calls later to sell me ulips etc. i told her this incident. she said sorry. and then again tried to sell me ulips.

2)i was directed to submit docs for cc to my nearest branch by the customer care. when i went to the nearest branch (in another city), i was told by rm there that they need a local address proof on some govt id, rent agreement not accepted. without which the apply will not proceed. head office called him and then he accepted.

1)rm told me i cannot get my cc ltf. went to the branch, applied, and got my ltf cc delivered in 10 days. rm calls later to sell me ulips etc. i told her this incident. she said sorry. and then again tried to sell me ulips.

2)i was directed to submit docs for cc to my nearest branch by the customer care. when i went to the nearest branch (in another city), i was told by rm there that they need a local address proof on some govt id, rent agreement not accepted. without which the apply will not proceed. head office called him and then he accepted.
How did he get a call from the head office?

How did you move? Do I need to visit the branch for this?

Back