• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC RUPAY UPI CREDIT CARD

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hey, anyone who is looking for HDFC Tata Neu Rupay Credit Card for UPI purpose. There's another option. HDFC has started providing HDFC Rupay UPI Credit Card to it's existing credit card customer. Check it via MyCards portal. Annual fees of just Rs.250+gst, waived of on spends of Rs.25000 only. Check if you have got the same offer in MyCards portal or not.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Have you got the message of payment ?
If yes then no need to worry ,as there is always a grace period after due date ..
Due date was 10th of Oct. So I am well past the due date. However the delay is due to miscommunication on their side and not from me. I paid the amounts separately last time. But I had to call customer care due to something and in passing I asked about whether I need to pay both cards separately or not and they said that I would need to pay just the primary card. I confirmed it from them again on the same call.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Due date was 10th of Oct. So I am well past the due date. However the delay is due to miscommunication on their side and not from me. I paid the amounts separately last time. But I had to call customer care due to something and in passing I asked about whether I need to pay both cards separately or not and they said that I would need to pay just the primary card. I confirmed it from them again on the same call.
Have you paid today ?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
5. However I made more than the sum of both statements well before the due date on the one card. The 2nd customer care guy who informed me about the correct procedure did check and acknowledged that I made more than the total due amount.
5 days ..
To be safe ,Mail the NO mentioing the whole incident and ask them not to report the payment as delayed payment as this is happned due to mis communication of HDFC customare care.You will get result in your favour.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Talked to the customer care. Executive raised the request to reverse late payment charges. Also informed that after the generation of next statement if there are any financial charges, then I can call HDFC again to get them reversed too. For late payment reporting to CIBIL, they told that they neither can check nor are authorized to do anything about it. So, I would need to contact NO and PNO about that.

Thanks a lot @plastikman @AritraSaha @Rkr for the help.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Talked to the customer care. Executive raised the request to reverse late payment charges. Also informed that after the generation of next statement if there are any financial charges, then I can call HDFC again to get them reversed too. For late payment reporting to CIBIL, they told that they neither can check nor are authorized to do anything about it. So, I would need to contact NO and PNO about that.

Thanks a lot @plastikman @AritraSaha @Rkr for the help.
If there is any finance charges in next statement then they are counting the payments as late.

Then you must approach HDFC for rectify the same.

One thing always keep in mind that if you are getting separate statement then and you must always pay separately for the cards , Irrespective of card issuers.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
One thing always keep in mind that if you are getting separate statement then and you must always pay separately for the cards , Irrespective of card issuers.
That was my reasoning as well. I paid the amount separately in last statement cycle. I made the stupid mistake of asking customer care about it. Funny thing is that I didn't even call to ask for this specifically, It was some other issue.

rajcasio

TF Premier
Those who have this card along with other HDFC credit card, do you have to make separate payments to both cards or you can just make the total payment to any one card? I asked this in customer care around a month back and they told me that I can just make the payment in a single card. However for 2 days I was getting message that my card is blocked due to non-payment. I called customer care again today and now the executive told me that I will need to make separate payments. I enquired about the last call and he said that if this was told to you, then it is wrong information and bank would not report late payment to cibil if I pay the cc bill today and then raise dispute with the bank.

So what's the regular procedure? What should I do? The amount paid in my card was much higher than total statements of both cards.
A little common sense(don't take it personally) would have saved you from a big trouble. A different billing(pdf) statement means that you have to PAY it separately.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Update - Someone from HDFC called today, said that they listened to the recording and confirmed that I was misinformed. The call was on 29/08, so he asked why I paid my dues separately for last statement after the call but didn't for the next month. I explained to him that I was adding card on cred and as such I just paid for the card to check whether it was added properly on not. For the next statement I was looking to buy things with Millennia card and as such I deposited more than the total amount to Millennia card itself. Since I was under the impression that it would be enough, I didn't pay for the other card separately. The executive kinda got stuck on this point, that how come I paid one statement correctly even after the call and but missed the next one. We talked over this for 3-4 minutes straight me trying to explain and he going in circles yes sir, I understand but it doesn't make sense to me how you paid one time and didn't pay next time. Finally after doing this 3-4 times and me explaining him point by point and with details of the payment he said fine, he would inform the concerned team. Tbh by the looks of it, I would need to take it up to the RBI.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Update - Someone from HDFC called today, said that they listened to the recording and confirmed that I was misinformed. The call was on 29/08, so he asked why I paid my dues separately for last statement after the call but didn't for the next month. I explained to him that I was adding card on cred and as such I just paid for the card to check whether it was added properly on not. For the next statement I was looking to buy things with Millennia card and as such I deposited more than the total amount to Millennia card itself. Since I was under the impression that it would be enough, I didn't pay for the other card separately. The executive kinda got stuck on this point, that how come I paid one statement correctly even after the call and but missed the next one. We talked over this for 3-4 minutes straight me trying to explain and he going in circles yes sir, I understand but it doesn't make sense to me how you paid one time and didn't pay next time. Finally after doing this 3-4 times and me explaining him point by point and with details of the payment he said fine, he would inform the concerned team. Tbh by the looks of it, I would need to take it up to the RBI.
Next time if they call again and stuck on the mentioned point then tell them if my intention was any how not to pay then i would not have paid at all despite being getting repeated reminder but being a credit responsible customer i have paid as soon as i came to know that i have been misinformed by customer care person of reputed HDFC Bank.So overall its bank fault and for which you people are questioning my creditworthiness.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Next time if they call again and stuck on the mentioned point then tell them if my intention was any how not to pay then i would not have paid at all despite being getting repeated reminder but being a credit responsible cuatomer i have paid as soon as i came to know that i have been misinformed by customer care person of reputed HDFC Bank.So overall its bank fault.
During that 3-4 min period I did try to reason like this with him. Somehow he was stuck on that how come I paid separately last month but combined this month if I was misinformed. After I went through individual deposits after last statement generation and it came out to be way more than the combined amount needed to be paid, he seemed a bit satisfied. Or maybe he was exhausted and just decided to nod along to get rid of me. I have recorded this call too.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
During that 3-4 min period I did try to reason like this with him. Somehow he was stuck on that how come I paid separately last month but combined this month if I was misinformed. After I went through individual deposits after last statement generation and it came out to be way more than the combined amount needed to be paid, he seemed a bit satisfied. Or maybe he was exhausted and just decided to nod along to get rid of me. I have recorded this call too.
Any how if things are in coming in favour then RBI BO is always available to intervene.Take guidance/advice from @VISHESH_BANSAL and @4uziaul for approaching RBI BO if at all required.