• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC savings Max Account Query

satish0987

TF Ace
Hi friends,

I recently opened regular savings account in HDFC bank on Oct 15,2022 and got Millinea debit card with 590₹ charges

Now i wanted to apply for savings max account which gets free debit card

So will I get my debit card charges reversed to account if i change debit card to platinum or any free debit card under savings max account

Anyone knows any idea. Thanks

Hi friends,

I recently opened regular savings account in HDFC bank on Oct 15,2022 and got Millinea debit card with 590₹ charges

Now i wanted to apply for savings max account which gets free debit card

So will I get my debit card charges reversed to account if i change debit card to platinum or any free debit card under savings max account

Anyone knows any idea. Thanks
savingsmax account will give you Easyshop platinum dc, so you will need to request new dc

if you use millennia with savingmax, you might incur dc charges as only a specific platinum dc is made free for the said account type

check with cc once if you will be charged for keeping millennia or not... and also share what they say here :P

savingsmax account will give you Easyshop platinum dc, so you will need to request new dc

if you use millennia with savingmax, you might incur dc charges as only a specific platinum dc is made free for the said account type

check with cc once if you will be charged for keeping millennia or not... and also share what they say here :p
All dc are free for savings max account

Only easyshop titanium debit card is free for secondary card holder .Rest all cards are chargeable
U just apply easyshop titanium and complain to customer care if they deduct charges 😊
Ohh, that means, if my mother is the secondary account holder, she will also get platinum card LTF with all the card benefits?
Edit- Branch people told me that every card is chargeable for secondary account holder irrespective of the account variant.

I had gone through this page 1-2 year back when opening HDFC account....and also checked again after your message, but Millennia wasn't mentioned in it and so, I thought it would be chargeable
As per my branch manager, millenia is chargeable even in max account. But I know some people with old accounts who hv ltf millenia dc with max account. Maybe it's recent rules that millenia being paid in max account.. Anyways it doesn't make sense to opt lower variant card (with less fees) as free when you're getting higher variant (with more charge) free of cost. Almost 300rs difference between charges of both

As per my branch manager, millenia is chargeable even in max account. But I know some people with old accounts who hv ltf millenia dc with max account. Maybe it's recent rules that millenia being paid in max account.. Anyways it doesn't make sense to opt lower variant card (with less fees) as free when you're getting higher variant (with more charge) free of cost. Almost 300rs difference between charges of both
That's what I thought....

Also Millennia card is beneficial for those who only have hdfc cc... as they can't get 1% CB via Billpay (and there are better PG for payment of other utilities)

I had gone through this page 1-2 year back when opening HDFC account....and also checked again after your message, but Millennia wasn't mentioned in it and so, I thought it would be chargeable
The rewards card mention in this page is the millennia card itself.

Actually rewards dc was renamed and relaunched as millennia dc few yrs back.
But they'd haven't updated the name here yet.

Does this mean that when the primary holder's EasyShop Platinum is reissued (in a Savings Max account) on expiry of the card it is charged at 200 + taxes? I cannot figure out if that last column applies to the primary or the secondary holder or both
No
I guess that charges are if the card gets damaged or stollen and a replacement card is requested.

Back