• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia HDFC Visa LTF Regalia to Rupay LTF Regalia

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I'm holding LTF Visa Regalia for quite a while with 4.5 L limit. Recently, I was bit by Rupay bug, and thought of converting the Visa franchise to Rupay. Shot an email to HDFC customer care (escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com), but got this negative reply,

On receipt of your mail we have liased with the concerned department for detailed review, we request you to visit the Mycards and kindly check the banner to request for the UPI virtual card and the same will be reviewed within 10 working days.

Link:-https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/

Alternatively, we can review the card downgrade as Money Back Plus and we can review for the Rupay franchiser with the same limit.

However we wish to inform you that the UPI virtual card is a priced card not a lifetime free card.

Incase if you wish to downgrade the card as Rupay Money Back Plus please revert us to assist you in further.

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got approval today for LTF Visa Regalia to LTF Rupay Regalia.
Initially mailed customer service they plainly refused.
Then mailed to grievance redressal first reply we can’t process conversion, you can apply for HDFC UPI credit card.
I replied that is a paid card and poor reward system with monthly capping. I don’t want that and said You either convert to Rupay or give me Regalia Gold LTF.
They then approved Rupay conversion.

chenrichy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Without requesting you have got.
How ?
Really don't know.... Recently I did my KYC via branch. And just spoke with them about the Rupay conversion. They (CC Dept) said Rupay conversion was stopped by March 2023 itself. Now it's not possible. That's it. No more requests/mails created or received.

I just try to enable my Visa card online transaction and check there is one more card added there and that's Rupay Regalia :0

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Really don't know.... Recently I did my KYC via branch. And just spoke with them about the Rupay conversion. They (CC Dept) said Rupay conversion was stopped by March 2023 itself. Now it's not possible. That's it. No more requests/mails created or received.

I just try to enable my Visa card online transaction and check there is one more card added there and that's Rupay Regalia :0
Banks rarely discontinued or stop conversion to any cards.

They just scale down the card issuing.

Few examples -

1) If you call, email or ask your RM, bank branch about HDFC Bharat Cashback RuPay credit card, you will get reply this card is discontinued few years ago. they will also send you screenshot that card apply option is not available but when you visit any rural area HDFC branch, they will still issue you HDFC Bharat Cashback RuPay credit card

2) Yes bank will told you RuPay Platinum DC is discontinued but when you send email to Yes bank CEO. You will still get RuPay Platinum DC, no matter which yes bank account variant you hold.

3) We all know here Axis bank stop issuing RuPay Platinum DC for saving account holder but one person told me, There is a Axis branch in Bangalore and this branch only issue Axis RuPay Platinum DC for all types of account holders, including saving account holders too. He also got Axis RuPay Platinum DC on his saving account and this is not an ATM only card. Card working on E-com transactions. However, I have told people many times to mail the CEO of Axis Bank once and see if he gets the RuPay Platinum debit card or not but no one has tried yet.

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Few examples -

1) If you call, email or ask your RM, bank branch about HDFC Bharat Cashback RuPay credit card, you will get reply this card is discontinued few years ago. they will also send you screenshot that card apply option is not available but when you visit any rural area HDFC branch, they will still issue you HDFC Bharat Cashback RuPay credit card

2) Yes bank will told you RuPay Platinum DC is discontinued but when you send email to Yes bank CEO. You will still get RuPay Platinum DC, no matter which yes bank account variant you hold.

3) We all know here Axis bank stop issuing RuPay Platinum DC for saving accpount holder but one person hold me, There is a Axis branch in Bangalore and this branch only issue Axis RuPay Platinum DC for all types of account holders, including saving account holders too. He also got Axis RuPay Platinum DC on his saving account and this is not a ATM only card. Card working on E-com transactions. However, I have told people many times to mail the CEO of Axis Bank once and see if he gets the RuPay car or not but no one has tried yet.
Yes,Completely Agree.
They are not denying but informed me that after conversion to rupay your Regalia become chargable card .No more LTF..

Maine kaha Rahne do bhai..
See SS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_220513_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_220513_Gmail.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16965

Few examples -

3) We all know here Axis bank stop issuing RuPay Platinum DC for saving accpount holder but one person hold me, There is a Axis branch in Bangalore and this branch only issue Axis RuPay Platinum DC for all types of account holders, including saving account holders too. He also got Axis RuPay Platinum DC on his saving account and this is not a ATM only card. Card working on E-com transactions. However, I have told people many times to mail the CEO of Axis Bank once and see if he gets the RuPay car or not but no one has tried yet.
Should I email Kotak bank CEO for League Visa to RuPay conversion? Zomato.png

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes,Completely Agree.
They are not denying but informed me that after conversion to rupay your Regalia become chargable card .No more LTF..

They didn't know that kiwi is lurking in the background ! They were doing that to convert maximum users to the virtual rupay card. I'm sure that strategy didn't pay off !

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yes,Completely Agree.

See SS
Only same variant card conversion is remain LTF.

If you upgrade/downgrade your card then LTF offer will discontinued.

If you conversion any other regalia variant like Regalia Gold, Doctor's Regalia, Business Regalia, Regalia First to Normal Regalia (RuPay) variant then you will also get Paid card or FYF card.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

If you conversion any other regalia variant like Regalia Gold, Doctor's Regalia, Business Regalia, Regalia First to Normal Regalia (RuPay) variant then you will also get Paid card or FYF card.
Holding Regalia on MC and socha Rupay me kra hi leta hoon...
Then got this reply...Socha rahne hi deta hoon black mail kar rahe hai ..Aise bhi kafi hai rupay card abhi
Axis Iocl
Axis kwik
PNb
BoB
Hdfc tata neu
So jyada screw nahi kiya maine HDFC ko..Jane diya..

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

Exactly! @Rkr bhai inko RBI ki dhamki do wrong information dene k liye

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

In my case Regalia First MC was upgraded to Regalia MC LTF in 2021.