• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience on Axis TravelEdge | Hotel hasn’t received the booking

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I had made a booking via traveledge for the first time 3-4 days back. The next day I called up the hotel and they are saying that they haven’t received any bookings.

Traveledge customer support is clueless as to what is happening. All they are saying is we have highlighted your query. Nothing else. They are of no use.

Has anyone faced similar experience?

I faced similar issue with easymytrip last mth. Booked a homestay about 15 days prior to journey. Forgot to call up the homestay. The day before the trip, they called from the homestay callign they have not received payment. They also said they are new to the platform and this was their first booking with easemytrip.
I called easemytrip. They claimed that it is their policy to transfer the payment to the hotel 2 hrs before checkin and this is written in the agreement. Seems, they use the money for their own benefit for the float and also keep the money till last moment so that in case of cancellation, they do not have to ask for refund from the hotel.

Only 3,4 & 5 star hotels acknowledge online bookings. Others simply deny that they've received any booking.

In my experience even after several discount vouchers, direct booking has better prices. I just call the hotel directly and book. Not for 5 star hotels though. This way atleast our booking is fixed.

Only 3,4 & 5 star hotels acknowledge online bookings. Others simply deny that they've received any booking.

In my experience even after several discount vouchers, direct booking has better prices. I just call the hotel directly and book. Not for 5 star hotels though.
Sadly, it is a 5 star hotel. And their offline tarrif is much greater than what I can find online.

In my experience even after several discount vouchers, direct booking has better prices. I just call the hotel directly and book. Not for 5 star hotels though. This way atleast our booking is fixed.
What’s the best way to book 5 stars, both nationally and internationally.
Specifically, Marriott group?
I hold Magnus and Infinia.

Share your sentiments on the TravelEdge platform.
It could be so much better .. so much potential. Anyhow in my case, I wanted to book premium seats via the portal.
However portal does not support this. I emailed them and their response was
1680869212134.png

In my case, I wanted to book 6E seats.

What’s the best way to book 5 stars, both nationally and internationally.
Specifically, Marriott group?
I hold Magnus and Infinia.
As you have Infinia and Magnus, you can better try online.

But many a times a direct contact to the specific hotel gives some good deals (depends on occupancy). Once I booked a Marriott Hotel online in Amritsar. But later found out that the direct hotel booking would have given me a better deal (similar price but free breakfast).

As you have Infinia and Magnus, you can better try online.

But many a times a direct contact to the specific hotel gives some good deals (depends on occupancy). Once I booked a Marriott Hotel online in Amritsar. But later found out that the direct hotel booking would have given me a better deal (similar price but free breakfast).
I usually book via Marriott website itself. And mostly it is international hotels.

Back