• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many active credit cards do you have? Flash your portfolio.

Updated list:

All unsecured (11):

- HDFC moneyback plus rupay & Virtual, Swiggy MC (All LTF)
- ICICI Amazon pay, Coral, Platinum (All LTF)
- SBI Cashback Paid
- Axis Neo (LTF)
- Federal Imperio & Virtual (LTF)
- Kiwi yes bank (LTF)

Closed (2):
- Tata neu plus FYF (Closed)
- Axis Ace Paid (Closed)

I might close HDFC virtual rupay and icici platinum soon.
Update:

No new card, 2 cards closed.

Closed (4)
- HDFC virtual rupay
- ICICI Platinum
- Tata neu plus FYF
- Axis Ace Paid

It's a great card for milestone spends. I've put mine in a drawer since last month since I've achieved the milestone... Need to think about next year soon!
I thought so too but in reality, Amex points are not really valuable. Every time I use Amex, I am losing money as I could have used my Infinia. 40k points for 4 lakhs is, at best a 3 to 4% reward rate only with transfer to Bonvoy. It's ok if you can use it for mostly multiplier and tax payment etc. I have a Biz Black for tax and Infinia gives rewards on insurance as well. So hard to fund suitable spends. Will meet the milestone this year but not sure if I will bother next year.

I thought so too but in reality, Amex points are not really valuable. Every time I use Amex, I am losing money as I could have used my Infinia. 40k points for 4 lakhs is, at best a 3 to 4% reward rate only with transfer to Bonvoy. It's ok if you can use it for mostly multiplier and tax payment etc. I have a Biz Black for tax and Infinia gives rewards on insurance as well. So hard to fund suitable spends. Will meet the milestone this year but not sure if I will bother next year.
So if you compare it to using it on MCCs which give points on infinia, then absolutely the amex cards cannot be compared rewards rate wise. But for areas where cards not give RPs, or for those who don't have premium cards like infinia, and want to experience Amex.. the plat travel as a milestone card and the MRCC as the low fee waiver card are great cards to have.

Updated Portfolio:
Kotak Zen CC 1.56L LTF
Cashback SBI CC 93K Paid
Axis Ace CC 1L Paid
Axis Airtel CC 1L Paid
HDFC Milennia CC 75K LTF
HDFC Tata Neu Plus CC 75k FYF
BOB Snapdeal CC 25K Paid
BOB HPCL Energie CC 25K LTF
Yes Uni NX Wave CC 99K LTF
Federal Signet CC 50k LTF ( on the chopping block)
Indusind Legend CC 1L LTF
Indusind Rupay Platinum CC 32K LTF (on the chopping block)
ICICI Amazon Pay CC 1.8L LTF

Closed CC till date
HDFC Business Moneyback CC
HDFC Tata Neu Plus CC
Kotak League Platinum CC
PNB Rupay Platinum CC
Flipkart Axis CC
SBI Simplyclick CC

Closed a card for the first time in India. Yesterday, with a heavy heart, closed Axis Atlas. They didn't offer any retention benefit at all. Feel sad to have lost a card.

Closed a card for the first time in India. Yesterday, with a heavy heart, closed Axis Atlas. They didn't offer any retention benefit at all. Feel sad to have lost a card.
I thought you would never close any credit card as you hold some of them for collection purpose.

I thought you would never close any credit card as you hold some of them for collection purpose.
Yes. However after getting the Infinia and Biz Black, I am less interested in other cards. If the fee is 500 or 1k, I will keep it even if it is unused but 6k was a little high. I even asked AU to close my Zenith but they made it LTF strangely. They refused to make it LTF for my wife and closed her Vetta.

Current Portfolio
*PAID

SBI CASHBACK
SBI BPCL OCTANE

AXIS AIRTEL
AXIS ACE

PNB RUPAY SELECT

*LTF
HDFC MILLENIA
HDFC NEU INFINITY
HDFC SWIGGY

GILD (RUPI CARD)

IDFC WOW

ICICI AMAZON PAY

BOB HPCL
BOB EASY

AXIS IOCL

FEDRAL CELESTA

YES BANK KWICK

Presently have the following cards :
Amex Plat Travel 6.77 L
Indus Ind Pinnacle 5.00 L ltf
ICICI Coral 5.00 L ltf
Axis Airtel 4.75 L
SC Smart 4.37 L
HDFC Regalia Gold 3.80 L ltf
SBI Cashback 3.61 L
Kotak IOCL 2.52 L
BoB Eterna 2.20 L
BoB Snapdeal 2.20 L ltf
BoB HPCL Energie 2.20 L ltf
SBI BPCL 0.58 L

Closed IDFC Select, HDFC Tata Neu Infinity, IDFC Power +, Yes Reserv, Axis MyZone, Axis Neo, ICICI Emeralde, ICICI Platinum, SBI Prime. Planning to change Eterna network to Rupay , then will close Snapdeal card.

Updated Portfolio:
Kotak Zen CC 1.56L LTF
Cashback SBI CC 93K Paid
Axis Ace CC 1L Paid
Axis Airtel CC 1L Paid
HDFC Milennia CC 75K LTF
HDFC Tata Neu Plus CC 75k FYF
BOB Snapdeal CC 25K Paid
BOB HPCL Energie CC 25K LTF
Yes Uni NX Wave CC 99K LTF
Federal Signet CC 50k LTF ( on the chopping block)
Indusind Legend CC 1L LTF
Indusind Rupay Platinum CC 32K LTF (on the chopping block)
ICICI Amazon Pay CC 1.8L LTF

Closed CC till date
HDFC Business Moneyback CC
HDFC Tata Neu Plus CC
Kotak League Platinum CC
PNB Rupay Platinum CC
Flipkart Axis CC
SBI Simplyclick CC
Why did you get Tata Neu Plus again?

Why did you get Tata Neu Plus again?
I changed my mobile number and went through the tedious process of changing the mobile number in each and every bank account and credit cards and UPI apps etc etc. (Except Indusind becoz their customer service sucks and I don't have the energy)

But after this Both my BOB Rupay CC stopped working...the Customer service were clueless and made up random excuses and I gave up.

I thought of getting Federal Bank additional Rupay CC but I have not been able to login to my app after mobile number change (which apparently took numerous Calls and emails and 1.5 months to change them) and I don't have the energy to deal with them again.

I am not eligible for Axis Neo Rupay CC as I hold a Neo Add on MasterCard CC via my father

Yes Bank Rupay additional CC does not give any reward points below 2000 Rs

Kotak is banned

IDFC keeps giving me Wow CC

AU not serviceable

Jupiter Edge CSB not serviceable in my area

ICICI CC is not worth the money

SBI Simplyclick is not available in Rupay variant yet

Was not sure about One Card Rupay variant

So I Zeroed in to Tata Neu Plus CC FYF untill I get a solid Rupay CC

I changed my mobile number and went through the tedious process of changing the mobile number in each and every bank account and credit cards and UPI apps etc etc. (Except Indusind becoz their customer service sucks and I don't have the energy)

But after this Both my BOB Rupay CC stopped working...the Customer service were clueless and made up random excuses and I gave up.

I thought of getting Federal Bank additional Rupay CC but I have not been able to login to my app after mobile number change (which apparently took numerous Calls and emails and 1.5 months to change them) and I don't have the energy to deal with them again.

I am not eligible for Axis Neo Rupay CC as I hold a Neo Add on MasterCard CC via my father

Yes Bank Rupay additional CC does not give any reward points below 2000 Rs

Kotak is banned

IDFC keeps giving me Wow CC

AU not serviceable

Jupiter Edge CSB not serviceable in my area

ICICI CC is not worth the money

SBI Simplyclick is not available in Rupay variant yet

Was not sure about One Card Rupay variant

So I Zeroed in to Tata Neu Plus CC FYF untill I get a solid Rupay CC
I like this guy for this big message.

Have you tried to get yes bank kiwi cc?

I used to have a huge CC portfolio, but now I have reduced it to bare minimum -

1. Axis Atlas (my primary card) split with Axis Airtel (for Airtel Broadband, BTH, mobile bill etc.)
2. Indusind Pinnacle (for free Exclusive A/C + wallet load) split with Indusind Eazydiner Signature (for dining)
3. IDFC Wealth (for govt. spends & airport spa)
4. HDFC Swiggy (for Dineout, Netflix etc.)
5. PNB Rupay Select (for UPI txns)

Special shoutout for PNB Rupay which, through meagre spends, has been LTF for the last two annual renewals. In return, it has given me rewards worth 6-7K per annum, all of which revolve around 'health'. In my recent past, I have seen enough medical situations in the lives of my near and dear ones, to say that it is your health that matters the most, and is your biggest asset and investment. My avg. UPI spends, as would be the case for many of you, is around 10K per month which would, at best, churn out cashback rewards of about 2-3K annually, even for those Rupay CCs that generate maximum returns on UPI spends (Yes Kiwi, Jupiter CSB, Myntra etc.). So decide wisely! Also, feel free to counter-comment. I would love to learn!

Back