• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,210
Last edited:

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
After my previous mail to Grievance Redressal, got a reply saying Infinia is invite only.

So drafted a polite request mail to Priority redressal ID highlighting my 15 year loyalty to HDFC etc etc.

Got a reply (from Grievance redressal id and not priority redressal) saying they are unable to review my request and to continue using my card for any future upgrade options.

My regalia has 9,68,000 credit limit and have spent about 8L in last 8 months. I was not even looking for FYF/LTF. My CIBIL score is 830+ Never missed any card payments in 15 years (HDFC was the only card I had till 2 years ago when I got ICICI Amazon card).

I was thinking of writing to Mr. Parag Rao (head of CC), but after some thoughts, I feel I should just accept the current upgrade offer to Diners Club Black and try for Infinia later?

Any advise from the members here? @TechnoFino @Pramtesh @Invictus
write to higher grievance department.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
write to higher grievance department.
Hierarchy I followed for mailing my upgrade request was: customerservices.cards at hdfc, then grievance redressal at hdfc, then priority redressal at hdfc (all mails to priority redressal got one auto response with ticket number, and the actual response with that ticket number was from grievance redressal ID). After the response I have finally mailed to Retail Assets and Credit Cards head Mr. Parag Rao. But I am highly doubtful of upgrade, considering that I have rarely requested/contacted HDFC cards in 15 years. All upgrades & limit enhancements till Regalia were automatically done by HDFC. Now when I actually want/desire an upgrade, they say no.

Wish I had come across this forum few months ago when apparently they were lenient in giving upgrades.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hierarchy I followed for mailing my upgrade request was: customerservices.cards at hdfc, then grievance redressal at hdfc, then priority redressal at hdfc (all mails to priority redressal got one auto response with ticket number, and the actual response with that ticket number was from grievance redressal ID). After the response I have finally mailed to Retail Assets and Credit Cards head Mr. Parag Rao. But I am highly doubtful of upgrade, considering that I have rarely requested/contacted HDFC cards in 15 years. All upgrades & limit enhancements till Regalia were automatically done by HDFC. Now when I actually want/desire an upgrade, they say no.

Wish I had come across this forum few months ago when apparently they were lenient in giving upgrades.
Don't worry, you'll get upgrade.
Dm me after getting response from Mr Rao

Yogi24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
When I login to HDFC card netbanking portal it shows my Card Status as "TRANSFER OUT TODAY" and remaining credit as 0.

Any idea what it means? I am trying to reach a human on HDFC phone banking but it is all IVR option loop and no option to select speak to agent.

Untitled.jpg
Balance is being transferred to upgraded card..it will be completed by tomorrow.. check you HDFC mobile app upgraded card would be showing there . status as Transfer In

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't worry, you'll get upgrade.
Dm me after getting response from Mr Rao
Just got a phone call from a lady who said she is from mr. rao's office.
- Informed that my Regalia is indeed upgraded to DCB. I should have got some communication but have not which has lead to confusion on my part as net banking shows 0 limit etc
- Had sent re-kyc documents earlier where I had updated my address. She says re-kyc has been accepted but somehow address update is missed. So my DCB cards can be sent to HDFC branch nearest to me.

I then asked I wanted Infinia. Is there any way I can still get upgraded to Infinia. She said after DCB, Infinia is the last super premium card available at HDFC so currently cannot upgrade directly from Regalia. Surely if any upgrade offers are available I will be contacted etc. etc.

So once I get DCB, will see how well it is accepted. Have a visit to ITC Goa soon. If it is not accepted there, I will mail HDFC saying take your card and bye bye.

Beyond this if there is any other tip for upgrade, please advise and I'll connect further on DM. Thanks again! (and totally enjoying this forum!)

***EDIT***

Now got this email from Chairman & MD Desk. I dont know what is going on

1663225618944.png

Last edited:
Hi, I just got upgraded DCB Card from regalia which has CL 378000 but with DCB I received CL 500000. Though, I could not find DCB Card in the Credit Card Portal it shows Regalia with all attributes as 0 ans status as Transfer.

Everywhere they are mentioning about their PWA app My Cards - https://mycards.hdfcbank.com. But they have option neither to raise request for CL Enhancement nor to upgrade the card. I doubt if I can ever utilize their half yearly CL enhancement online now.

@TechnoFino

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
- Informed that my Regalia is indeed upgraded to DCB. I should have got some communication but have not which has lead to confusion on my part as net banking shows 0 limit etc
- Had sent re-kyc documents earlier where I had updated my address. She says re-kyc has been accepted but somehow address update is missed. So my DCB cards can be sent to HDFC branch nearest to me.

I then asked I wanted Infinia. Is there any way I can still get upgraded to Infinia. She said after DCB, Infinia is the last super premium card available at HDFC so currently cannot upgrade directly from Regalia. Surely if any upgrade offers are available I will be contacted etc. etc.

So once I get DCB, will see how well it is accepted. Have a visit to ITC Goa soon. If it is not accepted there, I will mail HDFC saying take your card and bye bye.

Beyond this if there is any other tip for upgrade, please advise and I'll connect further on DM. Thanks again! (and totally enjoying this forum!)

***EDIT***

1663225618944.png
wait and watch :)

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hi, I just got upgraded DCB Card from regalia which has CL 378000 but with DCB I received CL 500000. Though, I could not find DCB Card in the Credit Card Portal it shows Regalia with all attributes as 0 ans status as Transfer.

Everywhere they are mentioning about their PWA app My Cards - https://mycards.hdfcbank.com. But they have option neither to raise request for CL Enhancement nor to upgrade the card. I doubt if I can ever utilize their half yearly CL enhancement online now.

@TechnoFino
check Transfer card history

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Inspired by this thread, I even wrote an email to Parag and pavithra nair for LTF..The reason for this is that people with lower salaries and NRV from the same organisation received DCB LTF cards. I was denied, but i want to give it a try.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Inspired by this thread, I even wrote an email to Parag and pavithra nair for LTF..The reason for this is that people with lower salaries and NRV from the same organisation received DCB LTF cards. I was denied, but i want to give it a try.
I understand the sentiment, but I hope you have mentioned other reasons in the said mail since the bank will never give you something just because they have given it to someone else, citing internal policies or some roundabout way of saying we do what we want to do. Hope you get your request fulfilled, Goodluck!

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I understand the sentiment, but I hope you have mentioned other reasons in the said mail since the bank will never give you something just because they have given it to someone else, citing internal policies or some roundabout way of saying we do what we want to do. Hope you get your request fulfilled, Goodluck!
Thanks you :)
Yes i have mentioned all the reasons i have mentioned even the NRV and Card transaction i have done

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received the DCB cards yesterday (auto upgraded from Regalia while I wanted Infinia).

For a card that is marketed as /perceived as a "super premium card", I was expecting atleast some half decent box kind of thing, what with many mid level and premium cards have an "unboxing experience" as part of the card packaging.

Surprise! DCB arrives in a basic paper envelope, with the card glued to a letter (glue residue properly stuck on card after I peeled it. Now have to clean it). The packaging was no different from all the other HDFC cards I had received since 2008.

Basically a damp squib. Zero 'super premium' feel.

I am hoping the acceptance of DCBs wont be the same.

*** EDIT ***
1. The IVR number given in the Diners Club "kit" for generating credit card pin, says cannot generate pin for your number, sorry <disconnect>
2. No option to register new card/ add new card etc in netbanking page (CC customer only version)
3. Tried by remove credit card (the old regalia). After removing, now it only shows apply for a new card.

If I had the patience, I would have recorded a quick video of this pathetic system and emailed to every HDFC mail ID i could find.

Guess I will have to use the Amazon ICICI card for a while and then find a new card..

Last edited:

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
wait and watch :)
To Summarize:

1. Parag Rao desk/team reviewed and wont upgrade to Infinia
2. They had not upgraded my current address even after sending re-kyc docs.
3. So the MD team lady who called said she will arrange the card be sent to nearest HDFC branch.
4. Bluedart delivered it to my OLD address where I dont reside, without verifying my ID, purely based on a call to me
5. Now MD desk mail says I have to go and collect the card from the branch

I guess that is The End for this drama. Anyway card pin cannot be generated on IVR, my CC Only netbanking page has no option to register/add new card. Stuck with ICICI Amazon card till I can get a new card from other bank.

Untitled.jpg

Shashank2210

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
To Summarize:

1. Parag Rao desk/team reviewed and wont upgrade to Infinia
2. They had not upgraded my current address even after sending re-kyc docs.
3. So the MD team lady who called said she will arrange the card be sent to nearest HDFC branch.
4. Bluedart delivered it to my OLD address where I dont reside, without verifying my ID, purely based on a call to me
5. Now MD desk mail says I have to go and collect the card from the branch

I guess that is The End for this drama. Anyway card pin cannot be generated on IVR, my CC Only netbanking page has no option to register/add new card. Stuck with ICICI Amazon card till I can get a new card from other bank.

Untitled.jpg
Hi, can you share Mr. Parag Rao's email id?

prvn

TF Buzz

***EDIT***

1663225618944.png
Hahaha , I also fell into this trap. I had diners privilege, had the last 6 months spend > 7.5 lakhs, am an imperia member , with credit card limit > 13lakhs. Mine was upgraded to DCB rather than infinia. For infinia , again I am supposed to that much in spends to meet the criteria.
Back in 2021 they were rolling out infinia like anything. Hard luck !!

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently got upgraded to Infinia from DCB.
I had dcb with 6.5L limit and I started facing acceptance issues even with high ticket websites like Agoda,Mariott (app) etc.
I reached out to hdfc and the thread ended after multiple to and fro's with generic response of its between gateway and merchant.
I was later planning some trip and asked for limit enhancement and they increased it to 8L+ post taking salary slip.
From this post, I came to know that they issue new cards based on ITR, so I sent them a mail criticizing the fact that why new customers have bit lenient process than existing customers who have decent spends ( I did not do 7.5L in last 6 months but averaged around 85K pm) and 100% timely payments and meet ITR criteria of new customers. They upgraded me to Infinia FYF.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had dcb with 6.5L limit and I started facing acceptance issues even with high ticket websites like Agoda,Mariott (app) etc.
I reached out to hdfc and the thread ended after multiple to and fro's with generic response of its between gateway and merchant.
I was later planning some trip and asked for limit enhancement and they increased it to 8L+ post taking salary slip.
From this post, I came to know that they issue new cards based on ITR, so I sent them a mail criticizing the fact that why new customers have bit lenient process than existing customers who have decent spends ( I did not do 7.5L in last 6 months but averaged around 85K pm) and 100% timely payments and meet ITR criteria of new customers. They upgraded me to Infinia FYF.
I dont know why but for the first time ever I kind of badly wanted to specific card (Infinia) to the point that I obsessively followed up but they didn't even give me options or reasons why I am not eligible. Just said cant upgrade. Had I known this would be the case, would have asked HDFC to upgrade me to Infinia back when they were giving it out like biscuit samples in big bazaar (occasionally come across random chintu pintu on twitter flaunting Infinia, along with hazaar other cards as if it is a competition). I just loved the hassle free experience of 15 years. So now having decided to stop using DCB (unable to generate pin even after 2 weeks) I want to move on. But whenever I see a post where HDFC has upgraded someone to Infinia, I feel a bit sad and angry, to the point I want to open some savings account with a sizable deposit and close it at the earliest possible time just to tell them this is for spitting on my loyalty.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
All your communication you made for this was with your RM, or you visited branch or through email?

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don't have account in HDFC and every communication was via email mentioned in this post - grievance redressal one.

I did talk to some bank staff (don't know them, just via branch) to find criteria for new customers

Last edited:

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont know why but for the first time ever I kind of badly wanted to specific card (Infinia) to the point that I obsessively followed up but they didn't even give me options or reasons why I am not eligible. Just said cant upgrade. Had I known this would be the case, would have asked HDFC to upgrade me to Infinia back when they were giving it out like biscuit samples in big bazaar (occasionally come across random chintu pintu on twitter flaunting Infinia, along with hazaar other cards as if it is a competition). I just loved the hassle free experience of 15 years. So now having decided to stop using DCB (unable to generate pin even after 2 weeks) I want to move on. But whenever I see a post where HDFC has upgraded someone to Infinia, I feel a bit sad and angry, to the point I want to open some savings account with a sizable deposit and close it at the earliest possible time just to tell them this is for spitting on my loyalty.

Try this for generating DCB if IVRS is not working (same happened for me): I am also a CC only customer
1) Call support (dedicated Diners/Infinia - 18002663310 current as of Sept 20,2022 - please verify this from back of card) and tell them that IVRS is not working for you. They'll transfer you to some menu on call and then generate a random PIN. The executive remains on call as well, so I dont know how safe it was, hence random.
2) Call IVRS again and generate pin again and use the pin you actually want. This time IVRS will work.
3) Go to netbanking -> pay -> cards . On right side, you will see add credit card, add it using pin. For me DOB + OTP did not work as I did not receive any OTP.

PS: If this works for you, we can move this to informational thread, maybe save time of others.

Last edited: