• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
The weirdest thing happened just now. I opened HDFC netbanking and went to upgrade credit card, and lo and behold! Saw the upgrade to Infinia metal card.

I panicked and accepted it, but I received no SMS nor email confirmation of the same? Was this a glitch? What the hell is happening?

Should I have taken screenshots?

I didn't even check if it was FYF or not, are cards upgraded online always FYF? HOLY SHIT?!?!?! Please don't take this away from me HDFC!
My brother just faced the same thing!

Logged in to the app, went to upgrade credit card, saw the upgrade to infinia metal and accepted right away. BUT, no mail for SMS!

His credit limit is 10.5 lakhs on a Regalia. Not sure when he got it though.

Do update here whenever you get some clarity from CC/RM. What holds true for you will most probably hold true in my case as well.

My brother just faced the same thing!

Logged in to the app, went to upgrade credit card, saw the upgrade to infinia metal and accepted right away. BUT, no mail for SMS!

His credit limit is 10.5 lakhs on a Regalia. Not sure when he got it though.

Do update here whenever you get some clarity from CC/RM. What holds true for you will most probably hold true in my case as well.
I can see the Infinia card in my mobile app now. But I can't see it in netbanking.

An auto subscription charge on my regalia also got declined, so I think the regalia has been deactivated.

But netbanking still shows regalia card. No SMS/EMAIL for card dispatch either. Will call my RM tomorrow.

I got an option for paid upgrade to Infinia Metal from Regalia. 11lac limit.

Is it worth upgrading ? Not much of traveler. I don't think I can spend 10 lacs to get the waiver though.

Is it worth upgrading ? Not much of traveler. I don't think I can spend 10 lacs to get the waiver though.
So many infinia upgrades!

Looks like HDFC is doubling down on magnus devaluation? 🤣🤣

Getting all disgruntled axis customers over to the dark side 😈

You can redeem 1:1 points in tanishq and Apple products but allows only 70% payment through points. These are the other two best options apart from hotels and flights

I also get upgrade offer on my Millennia card but for DC Privilege Card.
My Millennia is LTF but the upgrade card is showing 2500+GST fee on it.
Should I upgrade?

Last edited:

This doesn't bode well. I hope that HDFC learns a lesson from Axis and avoids doling out Infinia to everyone.

One thing I want to tell @woolooloo .
AFAIK, when you upgrade your card via netbanking, you will recieve some sort of pop up/ message in netbanking mentioning that you have successfully applied for an upgrade. You wont recieve any SMS or email immediately.

Once card is packed and shipped to your address, then you recieve tracking details in SMS or email. It generally happens within a week time.

One thing I want to tell @woolooloo .
AFAIK, when you upgrade your card via netbanking, you will recieve some sort of pop up/ message in netbanking mentioning that you have successfully applied for an upgrade. You wont recieve any SMS or email immediately.

Once card is packed and shipped to your address, then you recieve tracking details in SMS or email. It generally happens within a week time.
Thanks that is reassuring.

The card first showed up on mobile, then on netbanking, then it was showing "Transfer in today" and now it finally shows "ACTIVE".

Regalia status is showing"Transfer".

No SMS/Email for the card dispatch though which is what I am finding weird, not sure when I'll get it.

Didn't get time to call the RM today, will call and check up tomorrow.

Back