• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks that is reassuring.

The card first showed up on mobile, then on netbanking, then it was showing "Transfer in today" and now it finally shows "ACTIVE".

Regalia status is showing"Transfer".

No SMS/Email for the card dispatch though which is what I am finding weird, not sure when I'll get it.

Didn't get time to call the RM today, will call and check up tomorrow.
You will get it, i told you…ignore the anxiety and wait…

Curious why you're waiting for it? Any particular reason? What if you wake up one day and the offer is gone?
Nothing specific sir.

Honestly speaking, after this Axis drama, I have little faith left on credit cards. Every other company is after devaluation,and I guess it's inevitable for Infinia also,in later stages.

So just wanted to keep my feet on grounds before raising my expectations too high. So just keeping it cool and slow.

I am also seeing the offer to upgrade to Infinia. Couple of questions:
1. It says Reward Points adjusted on Upgrade:50% but it also says Value of old points will remain the same. What does this mean?
2. On paying 12,500 per year, we get 12,500 reward points every year?

1. It says Reward Points adjusted on Upgrade:50% but it also says Value of old points will remain the same. What does this mean?
What card you have right now? must be regalia or DCP.
Coz value of their points is half of that of Infinia. If you search you will find points conversion image for all cards when upgraded.
Yes

Does it mention like that ? For me it showed 12,500 in the Annual Charges column
It's not mentioned on internet bank page.
But to reconfirm I called customer care.
Here what he conformed.
1. FYF
2. 50 % of Regalia points will be deucted and converted to Infinia reward points.No additional rewards points will be given after upgrade.
3.2nd year onwards,fees of 12500 rs. For which 12500 rewards point will be given.
4. If I spend 10 lacs in first year, no 2nd year fee. And no rewards points.

Got the Infinia Metal card. Finally! After I clicked on the offer in Netbanking, it gave an error saying something went wrong. But I immediately got a SMS & email confirming the upgrade! Now I can see the new card in Netbanking.

My Regalia limit was 8 lakhs. I had got the option to increase limit to upto 10 lakhs couple of years ago, but foolishly I only increased it to 8 lakhs and never got LE offer again. But I had heard that Infinia required minimum 10 lakhs limit but I somehow got it.

Also my card is on Mastercard network. I thought all Infinia cards are on Visa Infinite but seems that is not the case.

Got the Infinia Metal card. Finally! After I clicked on the offer in Netbanking, it gave an error saying something went wrong. But I immediately got a SMS & email confirming the upgrade! Now I can see the new card in Netbanking.

My Regalia limit was 8 lakhs. I had got the option to increase limit to upto 10 lakhs couple of years ago, but foolishly I only increased it to 8 lakhs and never got LE offer again. But I had heard that Infinia required minimum 10 lakhs limit but I somehow got it.

Also my card is on Mastercard network. I thought all Infinia cards are on Visa Infinite but seems that is not the case.
How much u spend on Regalia in regular basis. They rejected Infinia upgrade for my frnd before citing low spends. He has 10L credit limit on his Regalia.

I am also seeing the offer to upgrade to Infinia. Couple of questions:
Where did you see this offer exactly ?

How much u spend on Regalia in regular basis. They rejected Infinia upgrade for my frnd before citing low spends. He has 10L credit limit on his Regalia.
Not much. Around 40k per month. But last couple of months after I got the Tata Neu Rupay card my spends have increased on this new card (another 40k) for UPI payments. And Neu and Regalia shared the same limit. May be that helped

Not much. Around 40k per month. But last couple of months after I got the Tata Neu Rupay card my spends have increased on this new card (another 40k) for UPI payments. And Neu and Regalia shared the same limit. May be that helped
So did you get LE with this new card or just card upgrade?
And can you tell when you exactly got LE? like exactly after an year or 6 months?
Btw this Mastercard Infinia is new information. Never heard that before.
As after Oct'2023 we can choose the card network we want, may be Super premium cards like Infinia will be available in Rupay variant as well xD xD

So did you get LE with this new card or just card upgrade?
And can you tell when you exactly got LE? like exactly after an year or 6 months?
Btw this Mastercard Infinia is new information. Never heard that before.
As after Oct'2023 we can choose the card network we want, may be Super premium cards like Infinia will be available in Rupay variant as well xD xD
Just got card upgrade. LE offer I had received around 2 or 3 years ago. My Regalia is a very old card. Don’t even remember when it was issued.

I will either stay with Mastercard or move to Visa after Oct. Already have a HDFC Tata Neu Rupay Select ☺️

Just got card upgrade. LE offer I had received around 2 or 3 years ago. My Regalia is a very old card. Don’t even remember when it was issued.

I will either stay with Mastercard or move to Visa after Oct. Already have a HDFC Tata Neu Rupay Select ☺️
Even mine is Master Card. Doesn't make much difference if it is Visa or Master Card. Infact I was happy that Its master card as all the cards I have been issued were Visa and master card ke name per kuch bhi nahin :-) Apparently if you use your card abroad the conversion rate on Master Card is better than Visa by few cents :-)

Guys - sharing my experience on way to Infinia:

1. Got DCP last year in Apr
2. Reached out to Grievance cell asking for upgrade to DCB - under Alumni program - card upgraded in Nov'22
3. Spends hardly in the range of 1-2 lakhs across these months
4. Connected with PNO and they declined for an upgrade to Infinia
5. Reached out to BM and he agreed if I increase my NRV with them - gradually :) - BM has the approval now and my Infinia is on the way

This is for everyone - if you need an upgrade to Infinia, build rapport with BM and he may get you the required approvals.
Congratulations on your Infinia.
Did u get the card?

we all have few questions
1. How much was ur limit on ur existing hdfc CC?
2. What promises u made to BM? 😉
3. BM got approval means what? Did he send email to CC authority and got their reply or is there any other way of approval?

Thanks

I was holding a Regalia MC card, LTF variant and got a notification from HDFC App stating an upgrade to MC Metal Infinia FYF. Opened Netbanking and accepted the upgrade today, got an error as soon as I accepted, no mail or SMS confirmation as well. However, I am able to see my new card in the App and not on net banking as of now. I guess the upgrade was successful, hopefully will get the card in a few days!

Back