• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I was holding a Regalia MC card, LTF variant and got a notification from HDFC App stating an upgrade to MC Metal Infinia FYF. Opened Netbanking and accepted the upgrade today, got an error as soon as I accepted, no mail or SMS confirmation as well. However, I am able to see my new card in the App and not on net banking as of now. I guess the upgrade was successful, hopefully will get the card in a few days!
To see, your new card in Net Banking, go to credit card requests and click on "transferred card registration".

To see, your new card in Net Banking, go to credit card requests and click on "transferred card registration".
Unable to see the card there as well. On the app, it is showing my Regalia as Transfer Out and the Infinia as Transfer In. I have also applied for Addons right away, havent received any confirmation though :P

I was holding a Regalia MC card, LTF variant and got a notification from HDFC App stating an upgrade to MC Metal Infinia FYF. Opened Netbanking and accepted the upgrade today, got an error as soon as I accepted, no mail or SMS confirmation as well. However, I am able to see my new card in the App and not on net banking as of now. I guess the upgrade was successful, hopefully will get the card in a few days!
regalia card age and limit?

Yes you will get…

Net banking will be updated within two working days.

Just saw somewhere that hdfc isn't issuing add on cards for MasterCard because of RBI guidelines.

Got an Infinia for my wife which was pre approved. I've added it to mycards which shows a generic image which says visa infinite, but I'll have to wait for the card to get delivered to know for sure.

Got the upgrade to Infinia Metal Edition FYF option today and opted for it as it is FYF. I have Regalia card from 12 years and my credit limit is 14.5L. I haven't used Regalia in the last two years except a transaction worth 1200rs in the last month. Got HDFC Tata Neu Card two months back and did some good amount of transactions. Not sure if that counted. I would think of renewal once I understand if it adds any value to my overall spending. I have SC Ultimate, Axis Magnus in the premium cards category.

Just saw somewhere that hdfc isn't issuing add on cards for MasterCard because of RBI guidelines.

Got an Infinia for my wife which was pre approved. I've added it to mycards which shows a generic image which says visa infinite, but I'll have to wait for the card to get delivered to know for sure.
From the HDFC Mobile app, you can check the first 6 digits of the card and check them using the below link to determine the variant. Mine is Mastercard World, although MyCards app shows a generic image of Visa Infinite.

Back