• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
From the HDFC Mobile app, you can check the first 6 digits of the card and check them using the below link to determine the variant. Mine is Mastercard World, although MyCards app shows a generic image of Visa Infinite.
It starts with a 5, so MasterCard. I don't know why they aren't issuing add on cards for it though, maybe the netbanking page hasn't been updated yet?

Got my Infinia (master card world) delivered today after 6 days from upgrade.

The netbanking wasn't showing anything for a few days. So don't worry folks, you'll get it!

I had a regalia add-on for my mom, do you think I will automatically get an add-on in Infinia, or do I need to apply for it now?

The netbanking wasn't showing anything for a few days. So don't worry folks, you'll get it!

I had a regalia add-on for my mom, do you think I will automatically get an add-on in Infinia, or do I need to apply for it now?
Netbanking takes time to show deatils but HDFC Mobile app will show the details as the card integrated with sysytem in hdfc.😀

If the original card that is being upgraded had addon cards, then upgraded add ons will also be delivered

Great!! Now your wories must have been came to rest. Enjoy..

Oh, I always tought they get delivered simultaneously.

But during my regalia upgrade, all add on cards and Priority came at the same time. If I remember correctly it was a big envelope containing all cards.
Infinia gives Add-ons also in a big box, exactly the same one which comes for Primary. No envelopes for Infinia, super premium feel.

I am eligible for credit card upgrade from Regalia First to Infinia Metal (FYF). I have a CL of 14L. I have held the Regalia First card for more than 6 years now. I have received multiple upgrade offers for other variants (including DCB) until now but never opted for one. I spent 10+L last year (due to some family function) but my spend never crosses more than 5-6L yearly otherwise. Please advise on below points:
  1. Is it worth to upgrade to Infinia Metal? If yes, what things should I keep in mind?
  2. Should I transfer the points( will receive 30% value)? or should I redeem it before upgrading?
  3. After upgrade, is there a chance they will convert the Card to LTF? If not, then what is the way out (I do not want to deativate this card later as this is the oldest card I have total year wise)?
Thanks in advance.

I am eligible for credit card upgrade from Regalia First to Infinia Metal (FYF). I have a CL of 14L. I have held the Regalia First card for more than 6 years now. I have received multiple upgrade offers for other variants (including DCB) until now but never opted for one. I spent 10+L last year (due to some family function) but my spend never crosses more than 5-6L yearly otherwise. Please advise on below points:
  1. Is it worth to upgrade to Infinia Metal? If yes, what things should I keep in mind?
  2. Should I transfer the points( will receive 30% value)? or should I redeem it before upgrading?
  3. After upgrade, is there a chance they will convert the Card to LTF? If not, then what is the way out (I do not want to deativate this card later as this is the oldest card I have total year wise)?
Thanks in advance.
Your 3 point answers your 1st point as Infinia wont be LTF.
Redeem points before upgrading

Hello, good people at TechnoFino, need a help. Is there an email address where I can contact some kind of premium cards contact center at HDFC?

I want to get hold of an Infinia card. I do have a salary account with HDFC and a dumb Diners Club Premium card which is good for nothing. I have raised upgrade requests through customer care and online form but they keep denying the card saying I don't earn enough (1.5L pm). Branch and RM are equally or even more useless. I am going to keep writing to them until they get pissed off and cave in. Not a solid plan I know but a man's gotta try. TIA

Thanks in advance.

Each use case is different so you will have to evaluate your spends and decide whether the upgrade is worth it. For example, spends on vouchers under smartbuy, travel etc would make it a very compelling upgrade. Entirely offline spends, less so (particularly if you don't know whether credit-cards are accepted and so on). Read through the hdfc sub-forum to see how people use their Infinia. As of now, the annual fee is largely compensated for by points so an Infinia upgrade is worth it for a majority of users.

Back