• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Search.. and you may find a image on hdfc websie with all point conversion details...
It shows it is 1:1.
Did not find on the official site. Found one reference in attached screenshot. Will check with RM. BTW RM is saying Infinia upgrade will be LTF but looking at this thread it seems too good to be true. Is there any way to confirm for LTF Infinia? 1690471605574.png

I applied for my card upgrade from DCB to Infinia on Jun 12th. Two weeks later, I received a response that the bank is unable to review my request for an upgrade and suggested me to contact their grievance redressal officer in Chennai or call the grievance cell. Upon calling the grievance cell, I was told that I did not have an upgrade option but that they would be happy to take a request to downgrade my card :p So, I asked the agent if he could cancel the card instead. That’s when he apologized for his callous suggestion.

Any guidance on next steps or should I simply accept this as typical HDFC customer service and acceptable response to upgrade request?
After the recent devaluation of Axis Magnus, I wanted to try my luck again and reached out to HDFC bank with the same email as last time, requesting for an upgrade from my DCB to Infinia. Within two days, I received a favorable response and the bank offered a FYF Infinia. Given the recent postings on this thread, it appears that HDFC is offering Infinia more readily when compared to a month ago. Interestingly, there was no request for income proofs or upgrade forms. Just a simple response to email acknowledging the offer was enough.

After the recent devaluation of Axis Magnus, I wanted to try my luck again and reached out to HDFC bank with the same email as last time, requesting for an upgrade from my DCB to Infinia. Within two days, I received a favorable response and my card is getting upgraded now. Given the recent postings on this thread, it appears that HDFC is offering Infinia more readily when compared to a month ago.
Congrats buddy! Infinia ftw!
What was the limit on your DCB when you got accepted for Infinia upgrade?

Did not find on the official site. Found one reference in attached screenshot. Will check with RM. BTW RM is saying Infinia upgrade will be LTF but looking at this thread it seems too good to be true. Is there any way to confirm for LTF Infinia?View attachment 24127
My ultimate goal is to get Infinia one day so I keep going through almost all Infinia threads here. I only saw FYF infinia and never a LTF one. Get it in writing from your RM that your Infinia will be LTF. Send him an email asking for LTF confirmation.

Thank you! My DCB limit is 10L. The limit has not changed in over two years. They rejected my email request last time with the exact same content but approved it this time :)
It is weird bro that they rejected it earlier. 10L is a very good chance for upgrade.
Maybe some changes in your spending trend in last 6/12 months?

After the recent devaluation of Axis Magnus, I wanted to try my luck again and reached out to HDFC bank with the same email as last time, requesting for an upgrade from my DCB to Infinia. Within two days, I received a favorable response and the bank offered a FYF Infinia. Given the recent postings on this thread, it appears that HDFC is offering Infinia more readily when compared to a month ago. Interestingly, there was no request for income proofs or upgrade forms. Just a simple response to email acknowledging the offer was enough.
And here I asked for an upgrade of Diners Privilege to just Regalia Gold and was told I am not eligible. Even after giving the very plausible explanation that Diners cards aren't accepted anywhere.

Complained to the PNO waiting to see how that goes.

But I never got any such emails.
I did recent upgrade to infinia. But never got emails or SMS. Same is true at the time of regalia upgradation.
HDFC literally begged me to snatch a free auto-upgrade to Regalia and spammed me with emails every 5 days. At that time, I was not much into credit cards. I was happy with Regalia First and Apay ICICI, SBI Elite. Then, after noticing it was free upgrade, I took Regalia.
I feel HDFC is like a hot chick, if you ignore them they will run after you but when you show interest and beg for DCB/Infinia/Credit Limit Enhancement, then they will ignore you :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.02.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.02.19 PM.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 64
HDFC literally begged me to snatch a free auto-upgrade to Regalia and spammed me with emails every 5 days. At that time, I was not much into credit cards. I was happy with Regalia First and Apay ICICI, SBI Elite. Then, after noticing it was free upgrade, I took Regalia.
I feel HDFC is like a hot chick, if you ignore them they will run after you but when you show interest and beg for DCB/Infinia/Credit Limit Enhancement, then they will ignore you :ROFLMAO:
Exactly. Same feeling.
I also asked for Infinia upgrade 4 months back. They refused. Then I stopped Regalia spends. Took Magnus. Then now a week back, without asking they gave me upgrade to infinia.
Can't predict HDFC.😄

Back