• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
1 Month ago, I upgraded Regalia limit from 7.1 Lacs to 9.9 Lacs.
Spends in the last 5-6 moths were almost zero.
Any suggestions or rough stats how you got them to jump your regalia limit from 7.1 to 9.9L? I mean good jump in salary/ITR?
Did you go with the old mail method of sending docs to Chennai or Grievance redressal email or Got selected for auto-limit upgrade?

Any suggestions or rough stats how you got them to jump your regalia limit from 7.1 to 9.9L? I mean good jump in salary/ITR?
Did you go with the old mail method of sending docs to Chennai or Grievance redressal email or Got selected for auto-limit upgrade?
Honestly speaking, I did tried actively back in November and December 2022. I applied for limit increase and upgrade, seperately. I approached my RM,sent duly filled forms to Chennai head office, Grievience etc etc. But all went in vain. No luck at all. They rejected my requests.

Then I stopped spends on Regalia. I took few other cards. Made them primary. So HDFC got jelaous I guess. They started sending me limit upgrades. Offers back to back. I was also surprised.

From 4 lacs in Dec 2022, got jump of 7.7 in Feb 2023. Then recently got jump to 9.9 in June 2023. Followed by Infinia offer 1 week back. All via netbanking.

HDFC is behaving strange at times. Can't predict them. If you stop chasing them, they will come after you.

W

Which card you have now. ?Regalia? Whats the limit?
Regalia with 3.44L. :cry: LE rejected 6 months ago using useless/basic LE request via normal customer support email. Now, tried with Chennai old mail method and escalated to Grievance.Redressal, still waiting for verdict on LE.

My ITR is eligible to get a new DCB. I am salaried employee though.

Can i try sending the ITR after 3 months of usage?
I think you already have 6 months of usage. 3months after upgrade to Regalia and 3months usage on the old HDFC Card, right?
This 6months of good usage is just a tip to approach HDFC with best possible stats to get a positive answer to LE. Since you are targeting a limit above 4L, I will suggest to go for this with an ITR of at least 30L for a good chance (higher ITR -> higher chances).
There is no harm in trying if you feel you have a good profile. Worst case scenario, if your request is rejected you can attempt again after 6 months.

Aha ! thing is, I'm trying to aim for Infinia for wife, she had Magnus. Opened new classic HDFC banking for her (with no HDFC cards presently). So to check pre-approved cards, netbanking takes to another website, where one has to key in phone & PAN again, and check for offers, I was told it hits CIBIL for every check. And all it gives is stupid Moneyback & IOCL cards. For someone who already has a HDFC CC, then it's easy to check for upgrades. However, plan to get a DCB first for her.
If she doesn't have any HDFC cards yet then ignore that netbanking method. You plan to get DCB for her, so please check the new card criterias mentioned in first post of this topic and see if she meets the eligibility criteria and then proceed accordingly.

I think you already have 6 months of usage. 3months after upgrade to Regalia and 3months usage on the old HDFC Card, right?
This 6months of good usage is just a tip to approach HDFC with best possible stats to get a positive answer to LE. Since you are targeting a limit above 4L, I will suggest to go for this with an ITR of at least 30L for a good chance (higher ITR -> higher chances).
There is no harm in trying if you feel you have a good profile. Worst case scenario, if your request is rejected you can attempt again after 6 months.
Got business regalia directly. Its just been 2 months while i have received it. Will continue to spend a good amount of money for more 4 months max if LE is done , good or i will start using other cards. But i will try ITR LE basis process just after the card turns 3 months old. (Don’t have that high ITR)

Regalia with 3.44L. :cry: LE rejected 6 months ago using useless/basic LE request via normal customer support email. Now, tried with Chennai old mail method and escalated to Grievance.Redressal, still waiting for verdict on LE.

My ITR is eligible to get a new DCB. I am salaried employee though.
I would also suggest the same as told by @dominic1229 .

I was in the same position last year.

Spend on different things. Try vouchers for online and offline spends for maximum times. Use smartbuy,gyftr.

Don't cross 30% of your limit.

This can help. But rule is, noboday can predict HDFC. So nothing is guaranteed.

HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

View attachment 3378

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃
Not even with their least limit criteria I fulfill.

Login in to Netbanking and go to Credit Cards -> request -> credit card upgrade and check if it shows you any offer.

If no upgraded card shown in first step then download HDFC Card upgrade form and send to Chennai office via postal mail or courier asking for Regalia card.
I got regalia at 3L, so at 3.44L you have a good chance to get regalia. This might seem weird in today's world but hdfc still relies on ancient methods of mail to chennai office.
you filled upgrade form? how did u do? can u tell me please??

Login in to Netbanking and go to Credit Cards -> request -> credit card upgrade and check if it shows you any offer.

If no upgraded card shown in first step then download HDFC Card upgrade form and send to Chennai office via postal mail or courier asking for Regalia card.
I got regalia at 3L, so at 3.44L you have a good chance to get regalia. This might seem weird in today's world but hdfc still relies on ancient methods of mail to chennai office.
Thank you very much for your advice appreciate that but, i did contact my Imperia RM and filled form for upgrade to regalia later after week no response no mail nothing so as for courtesy i did contact him, he said it has been rejected but i am curious i did request right then why i did not get any mail or message for the same? is he fooling me? i asked him for this mail and message he said u don't get any notification on this, but it seems fishy to me, i am using MB since 5 years all i am getting is LE once in year and now a month back i was getting upgrade to MB plus fyf and later on charge basis i am so confused what to do.

Thank you very much for your advice appreciate that but, i did contact my Imperia RM and filled form for upgrade to regalia later after week no response no mail nothing so as for courtesy i did contact him, he said it has been rejected but i am curious i did request right then why i did not get any mail or message for the same? is he fooling me? i asked him for this mail and message he said u don't get any notification on this, but it seems fishy to me, i am using MB since 5 years all i am getting is LE once in year and now a month back i was getting upgrade to MB plus fyf and later on charge basis i am so confused what to do.
Once I applied for a second HDFC card which got rejected. Even in that case I got 2 notifications, 1 stating Credit card application submitted sucessfully and 2nd stating that application has been rejected as I already have HDFC card.

So, this seems fishy to me.

Download the form named "
Application for Limit Increase or Credit Card
Upgrade - For Customer" from HDFC forms center Personal -> Credit Cards. Fill it and select Credit Card upgrade upgrade and pick Regalia and send to Chennai office via speed post or courier (anything with tracking number).

you filled upgrade form? how did u do? can u tell me please??
Hdfc picked me for credit card upgrade to Regalia FYF. My first card from hdfc was Regalia first. Got auto upgrade after 5 years.
They also provide me auto limit enhancement once in 1 year but very low 10-15% boost.
Nowadays, I am chasing HDFC for manual LE as I feel 3.44L limit is too low for monthly salary of 1.5L+ (in-hand) and I want to rush for DCB to reach final goal of infinia.
Even I am trying chennai office postal mail method for the first time but I have heard lots of positive stories when customer approaches Chennai office instead of useless RMs and customer support. I sent courier to chennai office and chasing grievance email for updates. They have kept me on hold for 2 weeks now and still keeping me on hold. Hope all the waiting is worth it.
If they give me at least 5L then I will ask for DCB.

While mailing Mr.Parag Rao,

Once I applied for a second HDFC card which got rejected. Even in that case I got 2 notifications, 1 stating Credit card application submitted sucessfully and 2nd stating that application has been rejected as I already have HDFC card.

So, this seems fishy to me.

Download the form named "
Application for Limit Increase or Credit Card
Upgrade - For Customer" from HDFC forms center Personal -> Credit Cards. Fill it and select Credit Card upgrade upgrade and pick Regalia and send to Chennai office via speed post or courier (anything with tracking number).
TBH even i am feeling same should i take an action against my RM for fooline me?

You are Imperia holder and have Moneyback?
Your RM is making a fool out of you!
Warn him that you deserve DCB LTF if not Infinia FYF else you want a different RM.
If your RM is virtual, say that you need RM from different zone so that their entire team cannot have you as customer.
If you have normal RM, say that you will change your branch as the current branch is useless. If he makes excuse, go to branch manager directly and warn him that you will change your branch.
Good luck.
But to be honest, this is the 1st time Im hearing an Imperia account having Moneyback.

I applied for an Infinia a few weeks back and it still shows under process. Meanwhile my RM got changed (branch to Imperia was what I was told) and I received a call a few days back requesting me to submit a copy of my company ID. I work for an overseas firm which doesn't issue IDs and I therefore sent an employment certificate (which I had recently obtained for the purpose of applying for a loan) that confirms my designation, employment status as well as salary. However, the RM is still insisting on a company ID (I even sent an email from my official email) and mentioned the chances are bleak without the same. Has anyone experienced this? It sounds so absurd! Any workarounds?

Hdfc picked me for credit card upgrade to Regalia FYF. My first card from hdfc was Regalia first. Got auto upgrade after 5 years.
They also provide me auto limit enhancement once in 1 year but very low 10-15% boost.
Nowadays, I am chasing HDFC for manual LE as I feel 3.44L limit is too low for monthly salary of 1.5L+ (in-hand) and I want to rush for DCB to reach final goal of infinia.
Even I am trying chennai office postal mail method for the first time but I have heard lots of positive stories when customer approaches Chennai office instead of useless RMs and customer support. I sent courier to chennai office and chasing grievance email for updates. They have kept me on hold for 2 weeks now and still keeping me on hold. Hope all the waiting is worth it.
If they give me at least 5L then I will ask for DCB.

You are Imperia holder and have Moneyback?
Your RM is making a fool out of you!
Warn him that you deserve DCB LTF if not Infinia FYF else you want a different RM.
If your RM is virtual, say that you need RM from different zone so that their entire team cannot have you as customer.
If you have normal RM, say that you will change your branch as the current branch is useless. If he makes excuse, go to branch manager directly and warn him that you will change your branch.
Good luck.
But to be honest, this is the 1st time Im hearing an Imperia account having Moneyback.
Thats the saddest truh i have phyiscal RM he is new i am afraid what shall i do further and i am imperia customer since like 4 years and before it Preferred since like 10 years thanks to my father he has account in HDFC since like 25 years. and i am in imperia bcoz of him, still my father also owns Millenia with limit of 2.5 Lakhs that also no free CC it is chargeable card.

Back