• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ (Previously Cashback) Benefits

helloworld

TF Legend
Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST (₹1180)
Spends required to get fee waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per statement)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
BookmyshowBuy 1 Get 1 (If booked on Saturday through app)
Easydiner15% upto 500 (min. 2500)
Lounge Benefit4 per year (no spend criteria)
fuel, rental, utilities, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some 10% Eligible MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall Food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart, EasyDiner, Restaurants, KFC, Dominos and DMart - working for 10% cashback (provided they have proper MCC).

This card will replace below cards (if you have look for alternative or keep as backup):

1.5% offline - Alternative to Ace 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Artl 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to Zenth 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png
1718468905805.png

HSBC Credit card offers [for all users] https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-offer-mails-messages-for-all-users.7887/

Last edited:
if salaried, no account needed. if self employed hsbc account needed.

ltf .. no, hsbc platinum is ltf
Thanks. I need an LTF card mainly for Grocery spends and other normal spends. since I saw Live+ has Grocery specific deals I was pursuing it.

While applying online, will it show LTF in case am eligible? Meaning I want to proceed only if LTF else I want to cancel and go for HSBC Platinum.

Thanks. I need an LTF card mainly for Grocery spends and other normal spends. since I saw Live+ has Grocery specific deals I was pursuing it.

While applying online, will it show LTF in case am eligible? Meaning I want to proceed only if LTF else I want to cancel and go for HSBC Platinum.

Post in thread 'HSBC Live+ (Previously Cashback) Benefits (w.e.f 17th July, 2024)'

Did you know, If you spent 10k on grocery then your fee is recovered, anything above is your profit.

Its 20k for live+ now.
Also you can try your like with Cashkaro that's a bonus but don't take it as a sureshot until it gets credited as mine was rejected

fee: 1180
to recover need to spend: ₹11,800 on grocery (at 10% it gives 1180 back)

anything u spend after that is the return.

Why 20k?

and yes, cashkaro is unreliable - use at one's own risk.

fee: 1180
to recover need to spend: ₹11,800 on grocery (at 10% it gives 1180 back)

anything u spend after that is the return.
Yes if you are looking at normal cashback to nullify the annual fees but that would make the effective return on first 2 or 1.5 months to 0.

Instead the below method to set off the JF is better.
Why 20k?

and yes, cashkaro is unreliable - use at one's own risk.
20K for 1000 joining Amazon voucher

In the subsequent years you can use that logic if the renewal criteria is not met

if you don't have any other offline card which gives better returns it can be used for it as well for 1.5%.

Honestly this card is so good i would rather they never give it LTF, so as to make it exclusive. if it was provided LTF then lots of people would apply and they would start thinking about devaluing the card. I am consistently getting 700 to 1000+ cashback every month.

if you don't have any other offline card which gives better returns it can be used for it as well for 1.5%.

Honestly this card is so good i would rather they never give it LTF, so as to make it exclusive. if it was provided LTF then lots of people would apply and they would start thinking about devaluing the card. I am consistently getting 700 to 1000+ cashback every month.

absolutely.. if ltf then these benefits wont be there.

Post in thread 'HSBC Live+ (Previously Cashback) Benefits (w.e.f 17th July, 2024)'

Did you know, If you spent 10k on grocery then your fee is recovered, anything above is your profit.
Oh I see. My needs are usually 4K per month. So I should be able to recover the fee in 3 months . Let me think.
Thanks for the hints.

From last Month Flipkart is tagging Correct MCC for Grocery Purchases.

So they Excluded Live+ so that double Dip do not happens. Also Swiggy HDFC do not give 5% on Grocery MCC.

Earlier it is Apparels but from last month Flipkart Tagging Correct MCC.

Observe the Merchant name too. It is "Flipkart Grocery" on OTP Page.
So if Flipkart Grocery MCC is corrected now ( Grocery for 10%), will it give 0% CB on flipkart but 10% on CC Statement OR 10% cashback on flipkart and 0/1.5% on CC Statement ?

Also can anyone confirm if vouchers purchased from park+/magicpin/paytm will fetch standard 1.5% cashback ( apart from voucher discount on these apps) ? Wanted to make sure I am getting 1.5% CB alongwith fulfilling welcome benefit as well. Also does HSBC live+ CC's statement shows which transaction fetched 0/1.5/10 % cashback ? Just like Axis airtel.

Last edited:
So if Flipkart Grocery MCC is corrected now ( Grocery for 10%), will it give 0% CB on flipkart but 10% on CC Statement OR 10% cashback on flipkart and 0/1.5% on CC Statement ?

If any offer available particularly for HSBC cards, do check terms and conditions and exclusions for Instant discount (this is related to platform and bank tie up).

10% on CC statement provided if MCC is grocery.

Also can anyone confirm if vouchers purchased from park+/magicpin/paytm will fetch standard 1.5% cashback ( apart from voucher discount on these apps) ?

Refer excluded categories in original post, if not then you'll get 1.5% cashback.

Also does HSBC live+ CC's statement shows which transaction fetched 0/1.5/10 % cashback ? Just like Axis airtel.

No.

Back