• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am getting a Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card in email, is this real? Has anyone else got this?

MurlyLock

TF Select
Hello, I hold an HDFC Regalia LTF card with a 3 lakh limit (got through a c2c application in March) and I am an HDFC preferred account holder. Since September I have been getting this mail with the title "Congrats S****, Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card!
🎈
Apply before 16/Oct/2023" (the date always changes whenever I get the mail, the apply before date is always a few days after to show the urgency I guess) Anyway the card they are showing in these offers are Diners Club Privilege which I would like to have along with my LTF Regalia if it is indeed lifetime free.

I have gone through multiple threads in this forum that say one can't have more than one core card from HDFC, so that makes me doubt this even more. Secondly, the URL this opens has the word floater mentioned in it so I called customer care and asked and they said floater card means it will have a shared limit with my regalia but they were unable to verify if this is LTF, they said they have no access to offers being sent in email but confirmed what floater card is.

Has anyone else received this offer? is this even real? If you have received it did you apply for it and did you get it LTF?

An update

So I got a message and email about an instant card and checked the status of the application, and it showed approved. So I called customer care and they said it is a chargeable card, I explained the situation and they said to email it to customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
so I dropped an email explaining the whole situation and with screenshots to both customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com and grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com. now let's see what reply I get back, also I spoke with the assistant branch manager of the branch where I have my HDFC account, and told him to see if he can do anything to make this ltf, he said he will try and to email him with all the details so let's see. Meanwhile, I won't activate the card after receiving it.
What is the next step after this? if they decline to make it LTF? where do I escalate it after this? I couldn't find any mail for the PNO so if anyone knows how to escalate this further, any help would be really appreciated.

Update 5th November

After 2 weeks of back and forth and with grievance readdressed team, I received a mail today confirming that the card will be converted to Lifetime free within 90 days of activation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 130628.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 130628.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Can you post a screenshot of the email stating that your Regalia Gold is Life Time Free?
It would help me heckle my RM because he said Regalia Gold can never be LTF
I haven't received any email from HDFC regarding credit card offers. I just went to the Net banking offers section and it was showing credit card offer there. Many have posted in this forum that they are having Regalia Gold credit card as LTF. So it is being offered as LTF but the process on how to get it differs from person to person according to their relationship with the bank.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
I haven't received any email from HDFC regarding credit card offers. I just went to the Net banking offers section and it was showing credit card offer there. Many have posted in this forum that they are having Regalia Gold credit card as LTF. So it is being offered as LTF but the process on how to get it differs from person to person according to their relationship with the bank.
You have contradicted yourself with the below post
I got a pre approved HDFC credit card offer in net banking. After the card got approved, I got an email that I have been approved as a Life Time Membership fee waiver card. What does it mean?

You have contradicted yourself with the below post
Brother I haven't contradicted anything. What I wrote is after card approval, I got an email from HDFC that my credit card with application number XXXXXX has been approved and the card has been approved as a Life Time Membership fee waiver. So I was just asking the meaning of Life Time Membership fee waiver.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Brother I haven't contradicted anything. What I wrote is after card approval, I got an email from HDFC that my credit card with application number XXXXXX has been approved and the card has been approved as a Life Time Membership fee waiver. So I was just asking the meaning of Life Time Membership fee waiver.
I was asking for that email ka screenshot. So that I can show my RM that he's making a fool out of me.

skywalker

TF Select
Hi @MurlyLock, glad that your card got confirmed as LTF finally. I’ve been getting the same emails for 2nd LTF card Diners Club Privilege, but haven’t availed the offer yet. Since you know the procedure now, what steps should I follow so that I can get the card as LTF without any hassle of to-and-fro after getting the card?

MurlyLock

TF Select
Hi @MurlyLock, glad that your card got confirmed as LTF finally. I’ve been getting the same emails for 2nd LTF card Diners Club Privilege, but haven’t availed the offer yet. Since you know the procedure now, what steps should I follow so that I can get the card as LTF without any hassle of to-and-fro after getting the card?
Hey, so basically the application page for me was a bit different than everybody else's as you can see in my comments on this post from october 14th, HDFC didn't show me any pricing during the application process. So because of that after approval, once I reached out they made it LTF. If they do show you pricing while you apply then I am not sure if you can convert it to LTF or not, I guess it will depend of HDFC then if they are willing to convert it, but if your application page like mine shows no pricing then go ahead and apply, they will make it LTF.

kandarp26

TF Buzz
Yesterday I recieved the email with subject line "Hi Kandarp, Exclusive Diners Privilege Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card for you!".After clicking on apply link when I check on next page in terms and condition it is showing 1500 Rs Amazon Voucher+ First year free. From second year onwards minimum spends of 3 lakh rs is required for Fee reversal.

So
I recommend you to check Terms and Conditions page before moving ahead for apply or else it is preapproved as in the case of @MurlyLock you can move ahead.

skywalker

TF Select
Hey, so basically the application page for me was a bit different than everybody else's as you can see in my comments on this post from october 14th, HDFC didn't show me any pricing during the application process. So because of that after approval, once I reached out they made it LTF. If they do show you pricing while you apply then I am not sure if you can convert it to LTF or not, I guess it will depend of HDFC then if they are willing to convert it, but if your application page like mine shows no pricing then go ahead and apply, they will make it LTF.
And which email address of HDFC Bank do I need to reach out to, for LTF confirmation?