• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offer Fulfilled! I would like to share my two-year experience with the Airtel Axis Bank credit card.

The offer has been fulfilled by the bank/company.

Dr.Anand456

TF Buzz
Finally, today I closed my 2-year-old Airtel Axis Bank credit card, and I am very happy with my decision. Today, I want to share some insights about this card that you won't find anywhere else.

1st Point: Many people think that getting an Airtel Axis Bank credit card is very difficult, but that’s not true. I got this card approved within just 30 seconds while talking to customer care on a call. You just need to be eligible for this card through the Airtel Thanks app. If you see the option to apply for this card there and you already have an Axis Bank card, you can directly call customer care and apply. If eligible, your card will be approved on the call itself. This was the case at least for the first few months after launch. You can try your luck too. When applying directly through the Airtel app, the application is often either rejected or incomplete. So, it’s always a good idea to confirm with customer care before applying. Now, you can also apply directly through the website and Axis Bank app. I was among the few selected customers who were offered this card first.

2nd Point:
This point is for those who say that you can't save much with this card. Over more than 2 years, I saved around ₹10,000 each year on average. This was through just two types of transactions: Airtel services payments and Swiggy orders.

3rd and Most Important Point: Bugs and Devaluation: This card is excellent, especially if you use Airtel services or frequently order food online. In such cases, no other card offers such good cashback. However, due to some bugs and recent devaluations, this card is not as great as it used to be. Still, it’s a good option for many people. The main problem is with cashback - no matter how hard you try, you don’t get the proper cashback every month. Sometimes you get 10% instead of 25%, or 1% instead of 10%. Sometimes the cashback is short by ₹20-100. Axis Bank has not been able to fix these bugs yet. The only way to get the proper cashback is to call customer care and complain. In my entire journey, I didn’t get proper cashback for 6 months. Recently, for the month of April, I only received half of the cashback. If you have or want to get this card, you should be aware of these issues.

Now, why did I close this card?
The first reason is that I already have three Axis Bank cards: Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card , and Samsung Infinite Credit Card, with a total credit limit of ₹1.32 lakh. I couldn’t properly utilize all the cards. I even tried to increase the limit, but Axis Bank didn’t approve it. Now, I want to get a core credit card from Axis Bank. Until now, I only had co-branded cards from Axis Bank. Lastly, I now have an SBI Cashback Credit Card and an HDFC Swiggy Credit Card, both of which are lifetime free, and 26 other credit cards. So, I don’t need this one anymore.This was my experience. Did you already know all these things? Please share your feedback to help new users. Thanks for reading.

amit90

TF Premier
Maybe if you take core card first then you will get good limit but if you take co branded card first you will get low limit in card. Recently my friend got my zone card with 1.6 lakh limit. His monthly Income is low & never file ITR.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Finally, today I closed my 2-year-old Airtel Axis Bank credit card, and I am very happy with my decision. Today, I want to share some insights about this card that you won't find anywhere else.

1st Point: Many people think that getting an Airtel Axis Bank credit card is very difficult, but that’s not true. I got this card approved within just 30 seconds while talking to customer care on a call. You just need to be eligible for this card through the Airtel Thanks app. If you see the option to apply for this card there and you already have an Axis Bank card, you can directly call customer care and apply. If eligible, your card will be approved on the call itself. This was the case at least for the first few months after launch. You can try your luck too. When applying directly through the Airtel app, the application is often either rejected or incomplete. So, it’s always a good idea to confirm with customer care before applying. Now, you can also apply directly through the website and Axis Bank app. I was among the few selected customers who were offered this card first.

2nd Point: This point is for those who say that you can't save much with this card. Over more than 2 years, I saved around ₹10,000 each year on average. This was through just two types of transactions: Airtel services payments and Swiggy orders.

3rd and Most Important Point: Bugs and Devaluation: This card is excellent, especially if you use Airtel services or frequently order food online. In such cases, no other card offers such good cashback. However, due to some bugs and recent devaluations, this card is not as great as it used to be. Still, it’s a good option for many people. The main problem is with cashback - no matter how hard you try, you don’t get the proper cashback every month. Sometimes you get 10% instead of 25%, or 1% instead of 10%. Sometimes the cashback is short by ₹20-100. Axis Bank has not been able to fix these bugs yet. The only way to get the proper cashback is to call customer care and complain. In my entire journey, I didn’t get proper cashback for 6 months. Recently, for the month of April, I only received half of the cashback. If you have or want to get this card, you should be aware of these issues.

Now, why did I close this card? The first reason is that I already have three Axis Bank cards: Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card , and Samsung Infinite Credit Card, with a total credit limit of ₹1.32 lakh. I couldn’t properly utilize all the cards. I even tried to increase the limit, but Axis Bank didn’t approve it. Now, I want to get a core credit card from Axis Bank. Until now, I only had co-branded cards from Axis Bank. Lastly, I now have an SBI Cashback Credit Card and an HDFC Swiggy Credit Card, both of which are lifetime free, and 26 other credit cards. So, I don’t need this one anymore.This was my experience. Did you already know all these things? Please share your feedback to help new users. Thanks for reading.
Point No : 3 is typical 🪓 sh*t... thats why I dont trust them and hence I never recommend anyone to have premium relationship with them...
I too have this card but used it to pay for my family friend's Airtel Black bill every month and once for my annual airtel prepaid recharge .. and on those occasions I got proper CB.. but it was a straight forward one..

I would neve use this for Swiggy or some other CB purposes for the same reasons as you mentioned..
At the end of the day we need to have peaceful and happy life than worry about about this piece of sh*t .. that to deal with 🪓 sh*t..
If they dont provide what they promised that too consistently then it is not worth having any relationship with them... in my view ... it is a plain disrespect to the valued customers whether it is small cusotmer or big customer ... pathetic ..

Dr.Anand456

TF Buzz
Point No : 3 is typical 🪓 sh*t... thats why I dont trust them and hence I never recommend anyone to have premium relationship with them...
I too have this card but used it to pay for my family friend's Airtel Black bill every month and once for my annual airtel prepaid recharge .. and on those occasions I got proper CB.. but it was a straight forward one..

I would neve use this for Swiggy or some other CB purposes for the same reasons as you mentioned..
At the end of the day we need to have peaceful and happy life than worry about about this piece of sh*t .. that to deal with 🪓 sh*t..
If they dont provide what they promised that too consistently then it is not worth having any relationship with them... in my view ...
Isiliye, ab maine close hi keewa diya, itna time nahi hai, bar bar customer care me call kerke complain kerne ka.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
bar bar customer care me call kerke complain kerne ka.
this is plain disrespect shown to the customer .. nothing else.. our time is much more important than following up with 🪓 for these petty little cahsbacks every month..
Unfortuantely they are doing this on-purpose.. it is not that difficult to fix these issues.. they can sort these kinds of technical issues in the first 3 to 6 months max..if they wholeheartedly want to fix ..

Maybe if you take core card first then you will get good limit but if you take co branded card first you will get low limit in card. Recently my friend got my zone card with 1.6 lakh limit. His monthly Income is low & never file ITR.
Not exactly correct. My first card from them was an Airtel card - n they gave me a limit of 3.5L which later increased to 4.2L (without asking). After many months, I took their Ace card recently. May not need any more from them (as of now - till 12/2024).

mailmenow

TF Premier
Not exactly correct. My first card from them was an Airtel card - n they gave me a limit of 3.5L which later increased to 4.2L (without asking). After many months, I took their Ace card recently. May not need any more from them (as of now - till 12/2024).
Right. I have already flipkart credit card and approved based on my myzone card having a limit of 45000. When I apply Airtel I got 141000 limit which is higher